2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

El Zoido

He should be playing, he’s always impressed whenever he’s got minutes. Hard to know for sure if he only plays every couple of months, but we’re shite anyway so why not.

Baxquux

Well then, we beg to differ, because he really hasn't.
IMO this comes from expecting the wrong sort of thing from him at this stage, in this side. Think a Herrera, with scrappiness, mobility, a degree of technical ability and able to play a more progressive pass but concentrating on recycling it. He still does more to toughen up the CM and give us a platform than Scott or, invariably this season, than Case. He should be one of a 3 behind the 10..

In Rainbows

Mejbri hasn't even been allowed to play his best position. So any talk of him not playing well stems from him playing closer to goal, where he sees less of the ball and has more pressure to produce end product.

3KDré

I'd like to see him next to Amrabat - at the very least we'd have some retention and some legs in midfield. Every other combination (Amrabat + Case,Mct,Eriksen, Mount) we have is lacking either in control, legs, defensive ability or ability to carry.

Sylar

I'd like to see him next to Amrabat - at the very least we'd have some retention and some legs in midfield. Every other combination (Amrabat + Case,Mct,Eriksen, Mount) we have is lacking either in control, legs, defensive ability or ability to carry.
I think we've gone with every combination that ensures we don't have legs in the middle :lol:

Man Utd 0:3 Newcastle

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He needs to calm the feck down. (Only watched first half, may have improved in the second)

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Could've been sent off inside the first 10 minutes.

Ekeke

Got booked, yes he fouled after that. For a while he did calm down and he did have a couple of decent involvements on the ball which places him way above our other midfielders in the first half. But then around the 60-65th minute mark he started being rash again so a good choice to sub him off at that point. One of our only players I'd give a 5/10+ to along with Amrabat and AWB

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
He will get plenty of stick for the yellow but I think he did well to control himself afterwards, particularly in the second half. He put himself about more than anyone and didn’t bite on their attempts to wind him up. Didn’t create much but this system is so dysfunctional, can’t help but think there’s a half decent player in him.

miked99

He offered absolutely nothing, and he's completely unable to control his petulant nature which makes him a liability, regardless of form. No chance he makes it here.

acnumber9

I don’t see what it is he’s supposed to be good at to be honest. Nothing stands out about him at all.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Runs around with the only influence on the game being rash tackles.

Not quite sure what he brings to the Midfield other than petulance really.

kundalini

Surprised Mejbri came out for the 2nd half as he seemed a high risk of getting a 2nd booking. Not sure that challenge shortly after his booking, was worthy of a yellow but it wasn't wise.

Got back to defend in our penalty area and won possession off a Newcastle player in their half, noticed one poor pass in the 2nd half.

The idea that Mejbri is currently better than McTominay is ridiculous.

Conor

Wish he would get a run of games, and also cop on making stupid tackles.

NZT-One

As long as Mainoo isn't available, I'd still play him instead of Eriksen. His mobility has a positive effect and he has a very round skillset, not sure if he is nervous or something, but some touches were a bit off. Obviously needs to get his temperament in check but it is what is. I genuinely want to see him play, maybe it is just wishful thinking but I thought, we looked a little bit more like a football team today (in phases). That being said, I thought the midfield of Newcastle today was quite a force. They played very well so he definitely was challenged more than usually.

NZT-One

Surprised Mejbri came out for the 2nd half as he seemed a high risk of getting a 2nd booking. Not sure that challenge shortly after his booking, was worthy of a yellow but it wasn't wise.

Got back to defend in our penalty area and won possession off a Newcastle player in their half, noticed one poor pass in the 2nd half.

I think, at least you notice him in the middle of football stuff. With McTom, he too often is invisible. I would agree that both have some downsides to their games but at least, Meijbri has some cash in the potential account where McTominay is poor. I'd start Mejbri over Eriksen and McTom any day of the week, even if he turns out not good enough (there is always the chance), at least he will create some action in the transfer market for him.

In Rainbows

I'll just quote this post again
I admit I haven't watched him that often, but I feel he plays very differently depending what position he's in. When he's playing that more attacking role he seems to run away from the ball a lot, moving up the field towards the opposition goal waiting for others to find him. Whereas when he plays deeper he seems to move towards the ball, demanding it and looking to dominate a lot more.

That's based on a fairly small sample size though so I could be wrong.
I'm telling you, he's not a natural #10. This is what I was worried about earlier. The easier thing would have been for him and Mount to switch.
I think the point is that if not played in the position that he will be best at, those first team opportunities will dwindle through failing to impress. Reminds me of the Gomes situation where Gomes has started to do better once he started playing deeper for Lille. In an attacking position, there is more pressure to have end product. Some players are more suited for that, others can better use their technical ability to help the team in build up and eventually grow to have more influence in the final third.

OrcaFat

I thought he did well tonight. The MUTV pundits have been saying he was the highlight as well and has to start vs Fulham. He’s still rough but he gets stuck in ffs, he gets involved, he wants the ball. We need 11 guys like him (probably end every match with 9 men but feck it).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I thought he did well tonight. The MUTV pundits have been saying he was the highlight as well and has to start vs Fulham. He’s still rough but he gets stuck in ffs, he gets involved, he wants the ball. We need 11 guys like him (probably end every match with 9 men but feck it).
Let's be honest, about the only thing he did well today was manage to not get sent off...

Oranges038

He really couldn't be much worse.

Lets give him 5 years and about 200 games to see if he can show up in about 1 in 10 and do something useful.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Like Scholes did so often?
Sure. Except Scholes ran games and was always one of the best footballers on the pitch.

You’re watching a different game to me.
I watched a game where we got embarrassed at home 3-0 and we created absolute feck all ourselves. No, Hannibal did not stand out in any way, other than getting lucky to not see red within 30 minutes.

OrcaFat

Sure. Except Scholes ran games and was always one of the best footballers on the pitch.

I watched a game where we got embarrassed at home 3-0 and we created absolute feck all ourselves. No, Hannibal did not stand out in any way, other than getting lucky to not see red within 30 minutes.
Nothing surprises me.

city-puma

Did he play deeper any period in this game? I couldn’t watch the game today. I think he is a waste to play too advanced by just running and pressing in our system.