Height: 184cm
Squad Number: #46
Position: Midfield - Attacking Midfield
Foot: Right
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026
Date of last contract extension: Mar 16, 2021
Outfitter: Adidas​

Selbourne

I wonder if he'll get a chance this pre season in his natural position instead of the false number 9 he played before.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I just came across pictures of him training and hanging out with EtH.. maybe a good pre season might see him get infused into the squad for the upcoming season?

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Sideshow Hannibal will be gone if he wants to play regularly. I can't see him being satisfied with the limited opportunities in this club.

criticalanalysis

I really hope he gets a decent chance this season in the cup games or coming off the bench.

Thiagoal

Players develop at different rates so those condemning him and saying he’ll be gone may be in for a surprise! Let’s see how he does over pre season matches and take it from there

flappyjay

Players develop at different rates so those condemning him and saying he’ll be gone may be in for a surprise! Let’s see how he does over pre season matches and take it from there
Kid just had his 1st proper season of men's football. We just spent 55m on Mount who at the same age was at Vitesse for a season then Derby. Not every young midfielder will be like Bellingham.

criticalanalysis

If we sell all of McTominay, Fred and VDB, then he will more or less get McTominay type minutes this season
Have an awful feeling that he'll be sold tbh. Hopefully he tears it up during pre season.
Aye, it really can be touch and go with how much he'll feature. Last year's pre-season as a false 9 will be nightmares for the lad and with ETH's tendency to stick with the senior players, it may mean he might replace or be fighting with Mainoo/Iqbal's minutes i.e little to none. Hopefully not!

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Kid just had his 1st proper season of men's football. We just spent 55m on Mount who at the same age was at Vitesse for a season then Derby. Not every young midfielder will be like Bellingham.
Mount was a year younger when at Vitesse.

city-puma

Hope he is able to step up. If not, out on loan for another season and then tries again next season.

flappyjay

Mount was a year younger when at Vitesse.
Was pointing out that his route wasn't straight into the 1st team. We could have sent out Hannibal a year earlier too and he would have went to Birmingham with some top level football experience. Look at the difference for Amad from rangers to Sunderland.

ThanksBoss26

Be interesting to see how much game time he gets on Wednesday before a few more come back. Might give us a clue as to the manager’s thinking.

RuudTom83

I hope EtH takes the risk and sells McFred and Donny so that Hannibal/Amad can play the minutes those outgoings would free up.

Would be a shame to move Hannibal on without seeing what he can do in the first team. But I fear the cameos he has had were a little 100mph brainless style.

Needs to impress on tour (but typing that makes me think of Iqbal, which did him no good)

Alemar

Needs to impress on tour (but typing that makes me think of Iqbal, which did him no good)
Hannibal comes with some 41 appearances for the Championship side - that’s quite a lot of experience

RuudTom83

Hannibal comes with some 41 appearances for the Championship side - that’s quite a lot of experience
Yeah I'm a big Hannibal fan...I was only making the point...a good pre-season doesn't always carry much weight.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Good reminder for the active FIFA managers out there.

Glorio

The boy is a legit baller - I know youth football isn't the same as men's but the way he used to run some of those games - even when he was pushed out to the left, there's quality there.

I didn't see a lot of that technique on show at Brum. In fact when he started, he showed some, but then he really got involved in the physical side - which was good still, standing up and competing with men on the regular. Really keen on him staying on, stepping up, and showing what he's about this year.

Our performances haven't really helped our youngsters, if we put teams to the sword early more, they will get more chances

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I don’t want to see him loaned again, should be a rotation option.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Glad he played well today, always rated him very highly and he’s very harshly scrutinised by our fans, more so than any other youth player I can remember.

Dazzmondo

I'm disappointed to see so much suggesting that we'll probably sell him. Really don't think he could have done much more today. He has talent and work rate. I think he could be good enough to take Fred and/or McTominay's place in the squad next season. He's probably not at Fred's level but I don't think McTominay is a substantial level above his ability tbh (I'd say Hannibal is the more technically talented of the 2). Consistency is the part he needs to show and unfortunately he didn't manage to do that at Birmingham. Personally I'd like to give him this season as a squad player to see if he can perform.

ManRed

Played really well and couldn't expect more from him. His aggression will cost him a few yellows but he will get wiser with time (Rooney). He can be a backup to Mount with Eriksen cover for Bruno next season.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I'm disappointed to see so much suggesting that we'll probably sell him. Really don't think he could have done much more today. He has talent and work rate. I think he could be good enough to take Fred and/or McTominay's place in the squad next season. He's probably not at Fred's level but I don't think McTominay is a substantial level above his ability tbh (I'd say Hannibal is the more technically talented of the 2). Consistency is the part he needs to show and unfortunately he didn't manage to do that at Birmingham. Personally I'd like to give him this season as a squad player to see if he can perform.
If he wasn't able to stand out at a bottom half Championship side, what makes you think in just a few months he'll have grown to the point where he's able to contribute to a top 4 PL side?

Gandalf

I think the talk of a sale is very much in line with what happened with Garner last year. It really is not a reflection on the player and I believe ETH would like to keep him but he is seen as far easier to sell than our deadwood and because there is no amoritized transfer fee for him on the books anything close to a decent fee could go a long way towards funding a striker. Hopefully we can offload Elanga for a good price as he ticks the same boxes from a sales perspective but is far more obviously surplus to requirements.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think the talk of a sale is very much in line with what happened with Garner last year. It really is not a reflection on the player and I believe ETH would like to keep him but he is seen as far easier to sell than our deadwood and because there is no amoritized transfer fee for him on the books anything close to a decent fee could go a long way towards funding a striker. Hopefully we can offload Elanga for a good price as he ticks the same boxes from a sales perspective but is far more obviously surplus to requirements.
He cost 8m didn’t he? Is that not taken into account? I don’t know how the whole thing works.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
If he wasn't able to stand out at a bottom half Championship side, what makes you think in just a few months he'll have grown to the point where he's able to contribute to a top 4 PL side?
That's just stupid to think that Birmingham playing the footy they did would be any good fit for him. it's a game of 11v11 and you can't have a midfield position and expect to play it alone especially if a lot of play was just skipping that midfield by tactics...

Should go to Sland to push for the promotion this year if not staying here, think Amad did very well last year, might give us sometrust on the youth..

Dazzmondo

It can happen. Kane did nothing at Leicester the season before he burst onto the scene at Spurs. Even an unsuccessful loan spell can still help a player grow. Amad did terribly at Rangers but he still managed to have a great season for Sunderland in a stronger league. I'm sure the physical nature of the Scottish Premier League, even if he didn't succeed while there, helped him to prepare more for competitive football in the Championship. The difference is that he isn't going to be expected to be a starter at Utd. Casemiro, Mount and Bruno will play every game they're available for, and then we have Eriksen. He wouldn't be playing that many games as a squad player, except for cup games and sub appearances. It's not like he's 23 or 24. At 20 it's normal to develop rapidly.

Dazzmondo

Elanga would definitely be preferable. Elanga's a great athlete but he never had the technical ability that Hannibal and Amad had.

Gandalf

He cost 8m didn’t he? Is that not taken into account? I don’t know how the whole thing works.
As I understand it there is nothing left to pay on that original fee so any sale now is pure profit. Would be good to have a post with everyones outstanding fees etc. included as it would settle a bunch of arguments. I have seen it stated that our break even for Maguire is 27M, anything less and we are actually paying him to go which we obviously cannot do with our FFP position. Sancho is even worse, only 2 years in and we are hearing anything less than 60M is no good to us and clearly we are not getting anything like that now which is why we have no choice but to keep playing him or loan him out to retain some value. This is why there is so much emphasis on realizing value for some of our youngsters, even those we would much rather hold on to.

Abraxas

I've not been entirely convinced by anything I've seen of Hannibal in truth. Which isn't a lot, but nothing for me to grab onto and think there's a future Man Utd footballer there. Not even entirely sure what type of player he will turn out to be because it doesn't look decided yet.

Mainoo is the opposite because I see his composure at such a young age in those midfield areas. It makes me think that if he develops he could be a beast in a few years. It still needs a lot to go right but I see more going for him than Hannibal at this stage.

Probably the safest thing is to loan Hannibal out to a more suitable team than Birmingham rather than making a preemptive decision.

MDFC Manager

Talent never in doubt but I think he could do well with a bit more specialization in a specific position.