5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I feel like his passionate approach to the game can be useful for us as well rather than reason to be cautious. All of our other remaining CMs if we don't count the injured Mount/Mainoo and the not-in-ETH-plan McTominay/VdB are already in their late 20s/30s. We do need some youthful energy.

Dan Gore also shares similar trait (without the yellow cards part)
To play the way ten Hag has outlined, it's an essential trait; controlled aggression is optimal, obviously backed by composure and control once the ball is won.

Hannibal is one of few in this squad that should benefit from the football we're trying to play.

Faetheshire86

I'm a big fan of Hannibal, having watched him closely with the youth teams, but my one real criticism has been that he needs to influence results more. The report from the Burnley game doesn't shock me at all. There is a lot to like about his general play, passing, ball carrying, workrate etc. but he needs to turn it into goals, assists, wins.

That said if it were my choice, I would probably start him over Eriksen against Forest. I think he is more like for like with Mount and he adds that bit of determination that our midfield has been lacking.

Bondi77

There has to be a good case for Hannibal starting against Forest if Erik wants to keep with his current style of play.

Trex

There has to be a good case for Hannibal starting against Forest if Erik wants to keep with his current style of play.
Yeah exactly, Eriksen can't do the pressing role that Mount does and without it the whole idea falls flat.
But looking at it another way maybe Eriksen is more suited to games against teams we'll have more possession against. And the energy of Mount/Hannibal more suited to going toe to toe with top sides who play proactive football.

Kingslayer18

I really think he can make an impact in the first team if given a chance. Although the club seem to like playing him as a no 10, I don't think that he has has the production (G/A) to play there for us. He's much better deeper, where he can take the ball on the half turn and use his dribbling ability to get us up the pitch. His long passing is also good, which will come in handy

jesperjaap

I know one of these hasnt even happened so jumping the gun as may be press bs and I know its naive when these two have barely a first team performace between them......

But even forgetting the potential thought of us signing Evans and Betrand in this window.......am I the only one potentially hugely dissapointed by the possible midfield aquisitions of Mount and Arambat? For me neither are starters and dont work alongside Casemeiro. Arambat is good cover and compeition if Casemeiros form remains poor, same with Mount for the Fernandes position.

i genuinely feel both Hannibal and Mainoo offer far more in terms of technique, ball carrying, tenacity, progression to the number 8 role than either of those signings.

Mainoo may well be starting, we dont know due to the injury. Dont think Hannibal is ready to, but he should definately be in the squad and with the injuries I certainly hope he is this weekend, really feel if he gets a few opportunities....there will be mistakes but he will break through

Grande

I know one of these hasnt even happened so jumping the gun as may be press bs and I know its naive when these two have barely a first team performace between them......

But even forgetting the potential thought of us signing Evans and Betrand in this window.......am I the only one potentially hugely dissapointed by the possible midfield aquisitions of Mount and Arambat? For me neither are starters and dont work alongside Casemeiro. Arambat is good cover and compeition if Casemeiros form remains poor, same with Mount for the Fernandes position.

i genuinely feel both Hannibal and Mainoo offer far more in terms of technique, ball carrying, tenacity, progression to the number 8 role than either of those signings.

Mainoo may well be starting, we dont know due to the injury. Dont think Hannibal is ready to, but he should definately be in the squad and with the injuries I certainly hope he is this weekend, really feel if he gets a few opportunities....there will be mistakes but he will break through
I struggle to see who’s getting ahead of Mount and Amrabat at the minute. Surely it’s not Mejbri, nor in all likelyhood Mainoo.

CannibalSpectre

I know one of these hasnt even happened so jumping the gun as may be press bs and I know its naive when these two have barely a first team performace between them...... But even forgetting the potential thought of us signing Evans and Betrand in this window.......am I the only one potentially hugely dissapointed by the possible midfield aquisitions of Mount and Arambat? For me neither are starters and dont work alongside Casemeiro. Arambat is good cover and compeition if Casemeiros form remains poor, same with Mount for the Fernandes position. i genuinely feel both Hannibal and Mainoo offer far more in terms of technique, ball carrying, tenacity, progression to the number 8 role than either of those signings. Mainoo may well be starting, we dont know due to the injury. Dont think Hannibal is ready to, but he should definately be in the squad and with the injuries I certainly hope he is this weekend, really feel if he gets a few opportunities....there will be mistakes but he will break through
I agree with your points. The Mount signing is really odd to me. I do think Mainoo and Hannibal have the better attributes for the role and in all likelihood would probably deliver for us if given the opportunity.

If Hannibal is not on the bench against Forest in the wake of the Mount injury he should really reassess his prospects under Ten Hag. I simply do not get his omission from matchday squads.

The Mount signing is going to look even more silly when/if Mainoo and Hannibal come in and do a better job. I'd bet money on it that they would. As for Amrabat, I don't see it at all. He's a decent passer of the ball but I feel we can definitely do better. The hype he's generating is frankly baffling. I feel he's benefiting from being reported as a must signing and a player Ten Hag has apparently singled out to help restore balance to our midfield. Outside of his WC heroics I've seen nothing to suggest he'd make a big impact here as a starter.

Last edited:

Red71

I agree with your points. The Mount signing is really odd to me. I do think Mainoo and Hannibal have the better attributes for the role and in all likelihood would probably deliver for us if given the opportunity. If Hannibal is not on the bench against Forest in the wake of the Mount injury he should really reassess his prospects under Ten Hag. I simply do not get his omission from matchday squads. The Mount signing is going to look even more silly when/if Mainoo and Hannibal come in and do a better job. I'd bet money on it that they would. As for Amrabat, I don't see it at all. He's a decent passer of the ball but I feel we can definitely do better. The hype he's generating is frankly baffling. I feel he's benefiting from being reported as a must signing and a player Ten Hag has apparently singled out to help restore balance to our midfield. Outside of his WC heroics I've seen nothing to suggest he'd make a big impact here as a starter.
I have a completely unfounded suspicion that Mount was bought with an eye towards eventually replacing Bruno with Mainoo (certainly) and Hannibal (possibly) being phased in. I’m thinking creativity and goals but with better control of the ball i.e. looking after it better.

I say possibly for Hannibal because ETH has shown no real inclination to bring him in. I agree with you though that Hannibal at least needs to be on the bench against Forest. There’s no better time than now given there’s no Mount or Mainoo for that matter. If you can’t at least get on the bench then yeah, you probably need to reevaluate your job prospects…

CannibalSpectre

I have a completely unfounded suspicion that Mount was bought with an eye towards eventually replacing Bruno with Mainoo (certainly) and Hannibal (possibly) being phased in. I’m thinking creativity and goals but with better control of the ball i.e. looking after it better. I say possibly for Hannibal because ETH has shown no real inclination to bring him in. I agree with you though that Hannibal at least needs to be on the bench against Forest. There’s no better time than now given there’s no Mount or Mainoo for that matter. If you can’t at least get on the bench then yeah, you probably need to reevaluate your job prospects…
I'd be inclined to align with your suspicions if Ten Hag didn't go back to the drawing board to change our system to accommodate two number 8s in his iteration of 4-3-3/3-1-6 (when attacking).

I agree with the rest. This period without Mount and Mainoo should show Hannibal and even McTominay and Eriksen to a lesser extent where they stand. I think it's almost a foregone conclusion that Eriksen will garner the most playtime in Mounts absence, fitness allowing

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not in the U21 squad today.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's unlikely he starts against Forest, but damn I hope he comes on for the final 30 minutes or so and does really well.
More than likely will be what happens, I hope the same.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Luton tried to get him on loan but apparently he had an attitude problem so we backed off. Well that's the insider gossip on it anyway.

Nick7

Not in the main squad either apparently. I’d say his time here is done.

flappyjay

Luton tried to get him on loan but apparently he had an attitude problem so we backed off. Well that's the insider gossip on it anyway.
Troy deeney was raving about his attitude on and off the field. It wouldn't make sense for him to be a diva towards a prem club after behaving well in the championship.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I’m calling bullshit on that one

Spaghetti

Mom's
Not in the main squad either apparently. I’d say his time here is done.
Very surprised at that. I suppose that means starting either Eriksen or McTominay and I don’t know what’s worse.

We don’t know if Hannibal would be any better, but it would be better than going with things that we know don’t work (Eriksen / McTominay).

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Troy deeney was raving about his attitude on and off the field. It wouldn't make sense for him to be a diva towards a prem club after behaving well in the championship.
I’m calling bullshit on that one
Dunno, always hearsay. It was from a reliable ITK who said he was refusing to speak directly with the manager and chairman.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not in the squad today, but Dan Gore is. His transfer request should be on Ten Hag’s desk in the morning, he doesn’t appear to be fancied at all.

JohnyBuckets

Probably going on loan. Possibly on sale for nothing… I trust the manager and if he doesn’t think he is fit to feature, best if he moves on and develops elsewhere.

OrcaFat

Not in the squad today, but Dan Gore is. His transfer request should be on Ten Hag’s desk in the morning, he doesn’t appear to be fancied at all.
He didn’t play in the 21s either so possibly he is off on loan somewhere or has a knock.

If not and he really is just not being selected because he isn’t rated then yes he should (imo) tell Erik to feck himself.

Gandalf

Have to assume he is close to a departure either on loan or permanently and that is why he is not playing at any level. He would have figured for the U21 if it was simply that ETH didn’t need him in the senior squad.

OrcaFat

Have to assume he is close to a departure either on loan or permanently and that is why he is not playing at any level. He would have figured for the U21 if it was simply that ETH didn’t need him in the senior squad.
Shame. Today would have been the ideal game to call him up imo.

luke511

Looked just as good as Mount in pre season, it's all a bit silly.

Glorio

Could he be injured? There's absolutely no reason why he wouldn't have been in the U21 squad either.

Terrible timing if he has gone and picked up a knock

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If it's not an injury, then yes, he should rightly feel aggrieved.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
I think his slim frame might have something to do with the lack of games for the first team. Our team isnt the tallest or the strongest, and maybe that's why ETH is hesitant to use him.

Clearly he needs an EPL loan to get used to the PL on a weekly basis. Maybe that's how he can go prove himself to the boss because McTominay isn't going anywhere. He's probably our tallest player :lol:

CannibalSpectre

I think his slim frame might have something to do with the lack of games for the first team. Our team isnt the tallest or the strongest, and maybe that's why ETH is hesitant to use him. Clearly he needs an EPL loan to get used to the PL on a weekly basis. Maybe that's how he can go prove himself to the boss because McTominay isn't going anywhere. He's probably our tallest player
His frame wasn't an issue in the championship, an equally as physically demanding league as the PL albeit with less overall quality. I don't think Ten Hag rates the kid for some reason.

Last edited:

Kingslayer18

Definitely looks like his race is run here, given that Dan Gore made the bench ahead of him. My guess is probable a sale although a loan move is a possibility. If he leaves in a permanent move, it will be disappointing because I really feel he could be a important member of the team in the long term given his attributes. One move, we will probably regret in coming years. He shouldn't have any motivation to stay on since ETH for whatever reason doesn't rate him.

Highfather_24

If his frame was the issue, Dan Gore wouldnt be on the bench.

I suggested last week that Mejbri's time may be up here, and that looks to be the case sadly. Ten Hag just doesnt seem to trust him, and his lack of obvious standout ability means he's not moving up the pecking order anytime soon.

Thiagoal

Just don’t think he’s good enough for us at this moment. Best to sell with a buy back clause as if he can put his game together he does have potential to be a very good player! I think Germany could suit his game. We payed an enormous fee for him (given he was just a youth talent) so would hope to get 10 million plus back

OrcaFat

Just don’t think he’s good enough for us at this moment. Best to sell with a buy back clause as if he can put his game together he does have potential to be a very good player! I think Germany could suit his game. We payed an enormous fee for him (given he was just a youth talent) so would hope to get 10 million plus back
Sale with buy-back clause would be okay. Lots of people in here saying he isn’t rated and not good enough but I don’t agree.

There were a few reports of him impressing (including impressing EtH) both in pre-season and since. My take is that he is still considered a great prospect but needs experience to round out the rough edges. There were reports that keeping him here to get a few occasional minutes was a “backward step” and that another loan was preferred.

EtH is known to be a long term planner - as in very long term. I doubt he is binning this kid while there is a chance he develops into an elite player (still looks like he will to me), even if that takes another couple of years.

khoazany

There has been many conflicts on the reports on him, so I wouldn't trust the media too much tbh. My guess is he will end up leaving on loan before the Friday deadline, after we secure Gravenberch on loan or someone else.

It's easier to put Gore on the bench before firstly positionally wise he can cover on both the 6 and 8 position, and secondly it's obvious that Dan is not going anywhere this summer. If Hannibal ends up staying post deadline he will make the bench afterwards.

Zed is not dead

I don't expect him to ever make the bench ahead of a Gore/Mainoo because he isn't a 6 yet out senior squad is short on 6s. Right now he is basically fighting Mctominay and Maguire for a spot. Because an Alvaro has to be there to cover Dalot at left back, because EFH likes having fullback cover on the bench.

Which spot is actually covered by both McTominay and Maguire that could be covered by Mejbri as well?

Glorio

Even during pre-season there were always pics of EtH having convos with him.

This is this week. He seems a player EtH likes, even if it doesn't translate to selections

"I don't play you because you flaunting your glorious mane in front of me makes me so envious"