2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

After his time at Birmingham, the club should have insisted Hannibal go back to the Championship. This whole Sevilla spell has been an absolute disaster.

Woodzy

Sounds like another case of a Manchester United player thinking they are better than they actually are, in all honesty.

pascell

Just saw Real are currently playing Sevilla so thought I'd check how Mejbri is doing and he's starting on the bench, with 37 minutes accumulated on the pitch since he's been there.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Starts for Sevilla today, could be right side of a midfield three. Sevilla 2 up against Real Sociedad.

Glorio

Starts for Sevilla today, could be right side of a midfield three. Sevilla 2 up against Real Sociedad.
Hopes this means more game time. Their fans have been desperate for him to start.

At half time, 3rd highest rated player in the game behind the guy who scored a brace and Ramos.

Sociedad have pulled one back though

Last edited:

Glorio

Been subbed off now - around the 60th minute mark (actually 53rd). Unsure why but perhaps they're going for experience to try and close the game out. Suso replaced him

Sea-Cow

Been subbed off now - around the 60th minute mark (actually 53rd). Unsure why but perhaps they're going for experience to try and close the game out. Suso replaced him
How did he play? I was surprised to see him starting after all of the bad press.

KGBhoy

Looks like he's not in the squad today. I wonder what's happening.

Swedish_Plumber

If he’s not injured then I’m baffled as to why we haven’t recalled him. Makes no sense letting him rot out there rather than struggle to make the squad here.

Glorio

A terrible loan of the highest order - warning signs were there from the off. What an absolute waste

Bertie Wooster

89 minutes in La Liga so far this season.

129 minutes in the PL before he went on loan.

Safe to say he hasn’t taken Spain by storm.
Very frustrating.

I know it's difficult to confidently predict which of the talented youngsters will kick on in senior football the most, but definitely thought Hannibal had more than enough about his game to be farther down the line than he is at club level.

He's had one of those wasted seasons that a number of our youngsters do when they're bridging that gap between U21's and unsuccessful loans. If we're keeping ETH, and he's not going to pick him, then he needs to try to get a good permanent move where he can look to get game time. But I think there's still a good talent there - maybe not Mainoo level, but higher than Forson and close to Amad - so if we are thinking of changing manager then I'd like us to wait to see if he's in that managers plans before thinking of selling him.

bringbackbebe

Very frustrating.

I know it's difficult to confidently predict which of the talented youngsters will kick on in senior football the most, but definitely thought Hannibal had more than enough about his game to be farther down the line than he is at club level.

He's had one of those wasted seasons that a number of our youngsters do when they're bridging that gap between U21's and unsuccessful loans. If we're keeping ETH, and he's not going to pick him, then he needs to try to get a good permanent move where he can look to get game time. But I think there's still a good talent there - maybe not Mainoo level, but higher than Forson and close to Amad - so if we are thinking of changing manager then I'd like us to wait to see if he's in that managers plans before thinking of selling him.
In modern day football, it's very unlikely that a kid with anything less than a professional attitude & temperament makes it. Hannibal seems to have taken Sevilla for granted.

Bondi77

Loan him to a Scottish side next season so he can learn to pull his head in.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I was watching him when he was at Birmingham, arguably his best spell, and he still looked like a headless chicken. Very poor positional awareness for a midfield player. Just chasing after the ball and fouling people. Hasn't developed as well as everyone thought he would, at all.

Glorio

Had a falling out with his team and manager the first week because he laughed (stupidly) at someone's poor control of a pass and promptly got frozen out. We should have pulled the plug straightaway - unless this is all part of the 'education'.

Glorio

I was watching him when he was at Birmingham, arguably his best spell, and he still looked like a headless chicken. Very poor positional awareness for a midfield player. Just chasing after the ball and fouling people. Hasn't developed as well as everyone thought he would, at all.
Question would be was Birmingham the right team for him to develop a sound positional game then? If anything they probably encouraged that sort of play with their direct football.

Sevilla seemed like a terrible choice from the off. Teams in trouble tend to favour experience

Teja

Yeah I watched a few games at the youth level and he was the most fouled player on the pitch. His ball carrying was great and all action running is easy to get behind and support. Thought he'd make it but once he got into the first team it was clear how different PL football is. You don't get any time on the ball and running will only get you so much if you're physically weak and the opponent can just ignore you.