Hargreaves vs. Carrick, Feadingseagulls vs. Noodle, Chief (Bayern Fan!) vs. Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebelfastboy

he is their key player, Lyon didn't create any chances (thanks to hargreaves marking Juninho out of the game) and their goal was a mistake by our defenders i mean it was an excellent turn by Benzema but he was surounded with four players FFS.
hargeaves did not mark juninho or anybody else out of the game.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
torn rubber: you are talkin shit, tevez played great when he came on, but i thought rooney done well on his own up front. tevez wouldnt have done any better alone up front......
:lol:I'm talking shit eh? when I haven't said any were that that Tevez played badly or that he would have done better than Rooney upront. Just that his clinical. Get a clue

and
we looked better at our favourite 442, when rooney had someone with him up front.
Bullshit. The formation never changed. Just the personnel did. We played 4-2-3-1 through out.

i'm baffled why we continue to play 451 away in europe when we are (9 times out of time) the better team. we need to start playing to our strengths.....
We played to our strengths. We just weren't clinical enough. It happens. Get used to it.

thebelfastboy

:lol:I'm talking shit eh? when I haven't said any were that that Tevez played badly or that he would have done better than Rooney upront. Just that his clinical. Get a clue

Bullshit. The formation never changed. Just the personnel did. We played 4-2-3-1 through out.

We played to our strengths. We just weren't clinical enough. It happens. Get used to it.
sometimes i wonder if you watch the same game - explain to me how we played to our strenghts tonight? fast, attacking football? mmm, ok?

REd FUn DevIl

he is their key player, Lyon didn't create any chances (thanks to hargreaves marking Juninho out of the game) and their goal was a mistake by our defenders i mean it was an excellent turn by Benzema but he was surounded with four players FFS.
Exactly. Hargreaves job was good. He was the reason why Juninho was invisible.

Benzema goal was amazing and exactly as you said.

Giggzinho

Punjabi dude
we kept possession most of the night, especially most of the 2nd half

Divine

Juninho is nothing special...
That's true - he ain't all that apart from his free kicks.

Lyon is a selling club - they usually have to offload their hottest prospects after a season or two (Malouda, Diarra, Essien - Benzema in the summer, guaranteed). And still Juninho is there after, what, seven seasons?

He's a good player and a loyal servant to his club, but if he was so fantastic he'd be out of the French league years ago.

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr

utter shite

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
ok ive read the rest of his posts

from what i understand:

carrick > hargreaves

carrick better passer and compliments our style of play more than hargreaves

dont think there is much wrong in that, think hes quite right in what hes saying in the sense that if we want to attack a game play carrick and if we want to be stabilised or a game based around defending, then we should play hargreaves

i think fergy was right to start him today, his defensive play was good only his attacking play wasnt the best.
I genuinely believe Carrick offers more on all fronts. He's creatively much superior, defensive contribution is very underated, and he is more of a threat in the attacking third.

sometimes i wonder if you watch the same game - explain to me how we played to our strenghts tonight? fast, attacking football? mmm, ok?
I dont have to. If your own eyes didn't regsiter it then I can't help you. We should have one 3-0 tonight. awya from home agaisnt quality oppnents. I wish we had been more clinical with oue chances and Benzema hadn't had his momment of magic. Then people like you would have nothing to lie and moan about

thebelfastboy

Lyon is a selling club - they usually have to offload their hottest prospects after a season or two (Malouda, Diarra, Essien - Benzema in the summer, guaranteed). And still Juninho is there after, what, seven seasons?

He's a good player and a loyal servant to his club, but if he was so fantastic he'd be out of the French league years ago.
maybe nobody wants to buy him because of his dodgy looking beard.....;)

Ballache

Supports
Martial

nobody said he was the best player in the world, but he is a very good player.

thebelfastboy

I dont ahve to. If your own eyes didn't regsiter it then I can't help you. We should have one 3-0 tonight. awya from home agaisnt quality oppnents. I wish we had been more clinical with oue chances and Benzema hadn't had his momment of magic. Then people like you would have nothing to lie and moan about
the majority of posts i read from you confirm that you are a tit.

Ekeke

If Hargreaves "marked Juninho out of the game" then he must have spent the entire game on the half way line with the Brazilian.

Hargreaves did okay against what he was up against. Aside from a few untracked runs from Kallstrom that ended with him wasting the ball, Hargreaves done everything that was required of him defensively tonight.

But he didn't mark anyone out of the game.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
I posted this, I'd estimate, a fair few Owen Hargreaves threads ago...

Incidentally, this is the 39th Caf thread entitled either "Owen Hargreaves", "Hargreaves", "Hargreaves?" or, once, "Owen H". That's not even including all the "Owen" ones that I didn't count (Well, it's Saturday night after all), in case they were about Michael Owen, or the ones called "Hargo".

All these threads could safely be summed up simply by saying, "He's Owen Hargreaves". We all know what that means, what he does, what he doesn't do.

EDIT: The 40th has now been started in the football forum: it's called, "Owen Hargreaves"

Well done all.

Owen Hargreaves

reddevilcanada

Of course breaking your leg is the main issue. You can't just brace it and play through it. You can however rush back. Hargreaves broke his leg in Sept I believe? He came back in two-three months approximately.

Anderson broke his leg in October as well. He sat out till the end of the season I believe, making some sub appearances at the end (I think).

Hargreaves came back much sooner than that. It resulted in him not being fully recovered. The problems he had the rest of the year, through the summer and into the start of this season were directly attributable to him coming back early.

Ya, Anderson played was on the Copa America squad what 9 months after he broke his leg?
hargreaves has been an injury-prone player his entire career, him 'getting injured after being rushed back' due to his earlier injury isn't a surprise, you're clutching at straws now.

If Hargreaves "marked Juninho out of the game" then he must have spent the entire game on the half way line with the Brazilian.

Hargreaves did okay against what he was up against. Aside from a few untracked runs from Kallstrom that ended with him wasting the ball, Hargreaves done everything that was required of him defensively tonight.

But he didn't mark anyone out of the game.
You can mark some one out of the game without being with him all day. By making sure he can;t play or be effective when he has the ball.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
You can mark some one out of the game without being with him all day. By making sure he can;t play or be effective when he has the ball.
well said. I give up, im sure Hargreaves will prove himself in a big game and evryone will change their minds. Kind off like what happened with Carrick, a few weeks ago people wanted SAF to play a scholes-Anderson midfield because Carrick is shit...look at them now. Hargreaves will prove what a good player he is

Ekeke

Like I said, he was too deep to make things happen. Hargreaves didnt have to worry about him for the most part as the only times he looked like he wanted to make something happen was from freekicks.

Juninho did what Scholes often does these days (though ironically not tonight) and sat deep just making simple passes for the most part, not making forward runs. The job was put to Kallstrom to make offensive runs which Juninho would have done in previous seasons.

Split between the two I think Hargreaves did reasonably well. But he didn't mark a player out of the game, he covered his area of the pitch (which Juninho barely seemed interested in threateneing)

Cali Red

Not going to read through this whole thread but Hargreaves wasn't terrible today BUT he didn't do what he was bought to do and that is control the middle of the park for European matches. He should get much of the blame for the goal by Benzema but not all. Benzema did get that shot off with about 5 red shirts watching.

mehro

Ass face
You are cluless
Watch with your eyes open next time mr :wenger:
I dont have to. If your own eyes didn't regsiter it then I can't help you. We should have one 3-0 tonight. awya from home agaisnt quality oppnents. I wish we had been more clinical with oue chances and Benzema hadn't had his momment of magic. Then people like you would have nothing to lie and moan about
Get a clue
You are truly patehtic.
These are some of Torn Rubber Chief's posts on this page alone.

I don't how highly you think of yourself Torn Rubber but there are better ways of putting across your point. Get your head out of your own arse and stop treating every opposing viewpoint like that. If you can't debate without putting down others then there's no place for you here.

giggsyflying

Football is not life. It is more than life.
carrick playing well does not mean we dont need harry
anyone still remember why we lost to acmilan last year when carrick played in both games?
that is why we lacked one to play the defensive role just like gattuso
yes offensively carrick may be better than harry but no one knows if harry does not play, maybe we would concede more goals last night as you can see lyon's counterattack is very good
in european games, it should be the choice over anderson and carrick if we play a 442

reddevilcanada

carrick playing well does not mean we dont need harry
anyone still remember why we lost to acmilan last year when carrick played in both games?
that is why we lacked one to play the defensive role just like gattuso
yes offensively
missing four first teamers in Rio, vidic, Neville and Saha didn't help either.

we'd have had an easier time against a milan side missing Nesta, Seedorf, Pirlo and ambrosini.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I still think he's rubbish

You lot can keep pretending he's great if you want.

He's not though, far from it, and sooner or later you're all going to have to admit it

I don't how highly you think of yourself Torn Rubber but there are better ways of putting across your point. Get your head out of your own arse and stop treating every opposing viewpoint like that. If you can't debate without putting down others then there's no place for you here.
Stop being a bloody hypocrite. I pointed out something blatanlty clear to all and the punk started calling me a tit for it? Of course that is pathetic. On top of that, you seriously can't tell me that a person who thinks 3-5 clear chances in over 90 minutes of football against tough, organised opposition in Europe, away from home, is appaling, is a person who has a clue.......:annoyed:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Mehro: Take cover

Status
Not open for further replies.