Harry Kane - 2015/16 performances

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
His price might have dropped to £80million.

Shark

@NotShark
It'd serve Levy right if his £100m man turned out to be a one season wonder. So far this season it's looking to be the case.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yet he scores for England. Suggests to me the problem is at Tottenham and not with Kane.
They were pretty shit last season and he was still banging goals in for fun

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
They were pretty shit last season and he was still banging goals in for fun
They haven't had Eriksen in form this season though and he struggled near the end of the season when Eriksens form dipped. Spurs have such lack of quality that when Eriksen is off form it means Kane is also off form.

I've thought he was to be a one season wonder after we kept him quiet last season. A proper English centre forward with a good shot is fairly easy to defend against these days once teams figure them out.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Second season syndrome..thats why some of us wanted to give him a second season to see how he did..The pressure is on, now imagine how much the pressure would be if he was playing for a big club with all eyes on him this season.

We will see how he gets on this season, but it'll be much tougher.

They haven't had Eriksen in form this season though and he struggled near the end of the season when Eriksens form dipped. Spurs have such lack of quality that when Eriksen is off form it means Kane is also off form.
Yep. Eriksen is a really good player, and Kane seems to be the first one to suffer when he's out or not in form.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yet he scores for England. Suggests to me the problem is at Tottenham and not with Kane.
He's missed chances that he'd be scoring for fun last year. Think it's more than that and it's a bit of pressure getting to him also. For England all the pressure has been on Rooney lately breaking the record while Kane is the main man at Spurs. He had a few chances against us that he should have buried.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'd also love to invite our fellow @GlastonSpur here.
To make what point? Kane's two recent goals for England clearly show (yet again) that he's the real deal. If you want to cite his recent lack of league goals, then I'd refer you to Rooney will bells on.

lysglimt

Scout
Kane is doing the same as Rooney when the team is struggling - he takes responsibility and tries to involve himself more further down the pitch. That might not necessarily be the correct thing to do, but it also shows that he doesn't try to hide and that certainly is in his favour.

And Spurs is basically missing their entire midfield - he gets zero service. He still looks like quality to me

Jev

I still think you can see the quality. He's a good player and will come good again. He's just feeling the pressure right now.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I'd still love Kane here, don't think he is a one season wonder at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Last year he had all the luck in the world, everything fell to him perfectly and he struck a rich vein of form.

Today he could have scored 2/3 but the keeper either saved it or he didn't find the corners. Those sort of steaks happen, but now is the test to see if he has the character to pull out of this slump.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It'd serve Levy right if his £100m man turned out to be a one season wonder. So far this season it's looking to be the case.
For a player to be worth £100m, you need someone prepared to buy him for £100m. What Tottenham suggest he is worth is something and nothing.

I'd bet good money they had no serious interest from anyone this season because quite frankly, scouts will have known a lot about him for a long time and one good season won't change their opinion too much.

NK86

To make what point? Kane's two recent goals for England clearly show (yet again) that he's the real deal. If you want to cite his recent lack of league goals, then I'd refer you to Rooney will bells on.
You do realize Rooney too scored during the recent internationals!

ChaddyP

You do realize Rooney too scored during the recent internationals!
And also for club. :lol: buy the problem is with spurs in my opinion. Harry kane is the a good striker. Spurs are just shite

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Most people on here have acknowledged that Rooney has been shit so far this season.

Is this you agreeing that Kane has been shit?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Most people on here have acknowledged that Rooney has been shit so far this season.

Is this you agreeing that Kane has been shit?
No. Despite not scoring, his performances have generally been far from shit.

NK86

The topic that's sparked this latest thread outburst is league goals.
Even then Rooney and Kane have zero goals to their name in the league. Although Rooney has a hattrick to his name in Europe. So how would you bring Rooney in this discussion to somehow prove that Kane is the real deal is beyond me.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
2nd season will always be hardest test for him as the defenders will start finding him out.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
What's the point in bringing Rooney up, then?
To point out that Rooney has gone more league games than Kane without scoring. Does that make him a busted flush? No, so what's sauce for the goose ...

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Even then Rooney and Kane have zero goals to their name in the league. Although Rooney has a hattrick to his name in Europe. So how would you bring Rooney in this discussion to somehow prove that Kane is the real deal is beyond me.
I don't need to prove to Kane is the real deal. It's obvious to all but the most knee-jerk and clueless posters.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
To point out that Rooney has gone more league games than Kane without scoring. Does that make him a busted flush? No, so what's sauce for the goose ...
Except that as I already pointed out to you once, there are a large number of people saying Rooney is past his best and has been shit. Which kind of pulls the rug from under your argument.