Harry Kane - 2015/16 performances

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
What's the real deal? A decent PL striker? I agree

A multi-million pound superstar? He's a long way off that.
Says the fan of a club that's just committed anything up to £59m for a forward who scored just 11 goals in 49 appearances for Monaco ... barely a third of the goals that Kane scored for Spurs last season. But doubtless Martial's goal this weekend suddenly makes him a potential superstar, whilst Kane is just 'decent'.

MJJ

Am actually being more impressed with kane this season than last, is showing a very well rounded side to his game in terms of creativity, dribbling and holding the ball up. The goals will flow eventually as well.

thejtrain

Says the fan of a club that's just committed anything up to £59m for a forward who scored just 11 goals in 49 appearances for Monaco ... barely a third of the goals that Kane scored for Spurs last season. But doubtless Martial's goal this weekend suddenly makes him a potential superstar, whilst Kane is just 'decent'.
Epic fail :lol:

izec

I d want Kane too for 20m, not for 50 or whatever they want. He relies massievly on service, like our Wayne.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
You don't help yourself do you.

Lots of people are skeptical about martial. I'll wait and see.

Kane however is not anywhere near the level your blinkered delusions have lead you to believe he's at

Ace of Spades

Am actually being more impressed with kane this season than last, is showing a very well rounded side to his game in terms of creativity, dribbling and holding the ball up. The goals will flow eventually as well.
Sensible post.

RedRover

I think that's right. He has good overall play. Reminds me a bit of Teddy Sherigham.

He'll no doubt be disappointed he's not amongst the goals yet but forwards have good and bad spells. He needs one then he might get a hatful.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
You have a very unhealthy obsession with football finances..Its almost like you have given up on the football side of being a fan and found solace in the money side of the game instead..I wonder why.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
You have a very unhealthy obsession with football finances..Its almost like you have given up on the football side of being a fan and found solace in the money side of the game instead..I wonder why.
I'm starting to think he actually is Levy. He's shown all the same worrying signs

acnumber9

A player with nearly three years on him. What was Kane's record at 19? I can refresh your memory if you like. He had scored 12 goals in 40 games in the lower leagues.

cyberman

Can't really compare Roomeys years of being a striker to Kane.
Kane has nothing to fall back on if he struggles this year. He has no CV that you can point to and say 'he'll come good, he's a proven talent'
That's the difference between Kane and Rooney

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can't really compare Roomeys years of being a striker to Kane.
Kane has nothing to fall back on if he struggles this year. He has no CV that you can point to and say 'he'll come good, he's a proven talent'
That's the difference between Kane and Rooney
Also Rooney was an outstanding all round footballer. There's no comparison between them. Watching the current slow and cumbersome Rooney makes one forget just how good he used to be, particularly when he was younger, relative to his age.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
To make what point? Kane's two recent goals for England clearly show (yet again) that he's the real deal. If you want to cite his recent lack of league goals, then I'd refer you to Rooney will bells on.
His goal against San Marino was something else. :drool: Not many strikers could score against them.

Sarni

We actually paid £95m for Martial, 78 times what you paid for Lamela.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I d want Kane too for 20m, not for 50 or whatever they want. He relies massievly on service, like our Wayne.
There are maybe a handful strikers in the world, who could make something significant happen at Spurs at the moment. Look at their offensive midfield, they have basically only one creative outlet there, who is currently out of form. Defending in the top leagues is simply too advanced to let one player alone cause massive damage from open play. Every top striker is at least to an extend dependent on his support cast.

Kane is right now one of the smallest problems of Tottenham. When I watch them, I mostly see a striker being isolated from the rest of his team and being left to starve. Kane actually tries to drop deep several times in a match to drive the ball through the midfield by himself, which has understandably not much chance of success.

The backlash on him is predictable, though, because of the stupidily high hype around him last season, when the overall play of Tottenham still worked to an extend.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
We actually paid £95m for Martial, 78 times what you paid for Lamela.
This is your usual poor attempt at distraction, not to mention wit. Are you really that embarrassed by the £59m figure?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Actually I tend to find that it's United fans who like to bang on about cash, sponsorship deals, the pursuit of big money 'galacticos' and the like. But each to their own I guess.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
A player with nearly three years on him. What was Kane's record at 19? I can refresh your memory if you like. He had scored 12 goals in 40 games in the lower leagues.
I'm not criticising Martial - I imagine he'll be a good player for United. I merely pointed to the contrast with Snake Pissken's dismissal of Kane.

Sam

Yep, that's exactly it. His goal this weekend is the one and only reason he's suddenly a potential superstar.

In fact, we only actually bought him because LVG was able to look into the future, see this goal, and decide that we must buy him.

At 19, Harry Kane was playing for Millwall.

Bit of perspective eh?

K2K

Actually I tend to find that it's United fans who like to bang on about cash, sponsorship deals, the pursuit of big money 'galacticos' and the like. But each to their own I guess.
Maybe spending too much time here has infected you too..You supposedly support Spurs but the majority of your time is spent having digs at United's spending,When you do bother with Spurs, its about how well you are doing relative to the budget, the economic benefits of your new stadium, the NFL etc ..The thing is United can afford to be wasteful, as you can recall when we made Berbatov our record signing at the time ..To win league titles , one has to take risks..you wouldnt understand.

Sarni

This is your usual poor attempt at distraction, not to mention wit. Are you really that embarrassed by the £59m figure?
No, I don't really care that much about transfer fees for players United buy because I realize that we have enough money to sign a talented 19-year old for £36m and not starve. I'm aactually more intested in how my club performs on the pitch than their finances (unlike you who seem obsessed with how much clubs spend). There's no point arguing about finances of United when it's clear that we can easily afford to spend that sort of money on players.

I don't see how anyone could find anything embarrassing in a transfer fee of a young player. I wasn't even embarrassed that we paid £20m+ for Anderson who didn't work out.

K2K

No, I don't really care that much about transfer fees for players United buy because I realize that we have enough money to sign a talented 19-year old for £36m and not starve. I'm aactually more intested in how my club performs on the pitch than their finances (unlike you who seem obsessed with how much clubs spend). There's no point arguing about finances of United when it's clear that we can easily afford to spend that sort of money on players.

I don't see how anyone could find anything embarrassing in a transfer fee of a young player. I wasn't even embarrassed that we paid £20m+ for Anderson who didn't work out.
Scored a penalty in Moscow for good measure:D

prarek

Tbf Spurs are pretty shit at creating chances. Last season Kane did extremely well to get that many goals but he won't hit that figure again, not with this support behind him.

Sarni

They're not about to drop him, are they? He's nailed on to start every match and will start scoring again. Maybe not at last year's pace but certainly an adequate level.
Yeah he's a good player going through a rough patch. Never worth £100m or even £80m people wanted us to pay for him but I rate him as a good player nonetheless.

NK86

I don't need to prove to Kane is the real deal. It's obvious to all but the most knee-jerk and clueless posters.
You do take exception to far too many posts for someone who does not think he needs to prove that Kane is the real deal.

DarkXaero

Gotta love how GlastonSpur tries to bring up United at every chance he gets, when the thread is solely about Harry Kane. He brings up Rooney for some reason, when most of us here have acknowledged that Rooney has been crap this season. He brings up Martial out of nowhere, using the exaggerated transfer fee for effect, and then says that it's the United fans who are obsessed with money. He says he doesn't need to prove that Kane is the real deal, yet he has the most posts in the thread, trying to deflect attention off Kane's goal scoring drought :lol:

suheilsworld

He has had good games this season. His overall game has improved quite a lot and is doing what a out and out striker should do up front alone. Unfortunately it's the service that has let him down. I am sure he can become influential in the coming years and might be worth a punt for us when the right time comes.

Kostur

海尔的老板
To make what point? Kane's two recent goals for England clearly show (yet again) that he's the real deal. If you want to cite his recent lack of league goals, then I'd refer you to Rooney will bells on.
Yea, I've heard that San Marino tribes are already making paintings of Kane in their caves and he's about to become their new Sun god while Switzerland closed their borders in fear of Kane.

He'll be thrilled next time he plays San Marino in Premier League for sure.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yea, I've heard that San Marino tribes are already making paintings of Kane in their caves and he's about to become their new Sun god while Switzerland closed their borders in fear of Kane.

He'll be thrilled next time he plays San Marino in Premier League for sure.
:lol:

San Marino were a harder test than any of those shabby Premier League defenses. Right?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
You do realise it was 36m, rising to about 59m if certain objectives are met? Like winning the Balon D'or, for example.

So in other words, if we end up paying 59m, it would mean 1 thing - the deal turned out to be a bargain for us. In fact, I think all United fans actually hope/wish we do end up paying the full fee for him.

I don't think anyone on this board would argue that at 36m, we overpaid for him a bit. But that's another argument. And you baiting people with the 59m figure is a bit silly because simply, we haven't paid that amount for him, and if we do end up paying anywhere near that for him, it would have been well worth it - and not "embarassing", as you put it.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's been fecking up my fantasy team the bastard. Just thought I'd add that important point to the discussion.

Sarni

You do realise it was 36m, rising to about 59m if certain objectives are met? Like winning the Balon D'or, for example.

So in other words, if we end up paying 59m, it would mean 1 thing - the deal turned out to be a bargain for us. In fact, I think all United fans actually hope/wish we do end up paying the full fee for him.

I don't think anyone on this board would argue that at 36m, we overpaid for him a bit. But that's another argument. And you baiting people with the 59m figure is a bit silly because simply, we haven't paid that amount for him, and if we do end up paying anywhere near that for him, it would have been well worth it - and not "embarassing", as you put it.
That's exactly it. Worst case scenario we end up paying £36m and he turns out to be not that good, we lose the money and are forced to sell him for a smaller fee, which to be honest isn't very likely seeing as he's extremely talented and is very highly rated in his homeland plus it looks like he has the attitude to succeed at this level.

If we end up paying £59m it will mean that he's one of top 5 forwards in Europe, in which case given the scarcity of talented forwards out there (in the under-25 bracket there's Martial, Lacazette, Kane, maybe Dybala and Vietto, and perhaps 2-3 others who show anywhere near the same level of promise) will not be tragic at all. If you wanted to buy Lewandowski or Aguero now they'd cost £60m too.

I wonder if Glaston would have felt embarrassed for us paying £12.5m for an unknown Portuguese youngster with a handful of games for Sporting in 2003. I bet he would.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That's exactly it. Worst case scenario we end up paying £36m and he turns out to be not that good, we lose the money and are forced to sell him for a smaller fee, which to be honest isn't very likely seeing as he's extremely talented and is very highly rated in his homeland plus it looks like he has the attitude to succeed at this level.

If we end up paying £59m it will mean that he's one of top 5 forwards in Europe, in which case given the scarcity of talented forwards out there (in the under-25 bracket there's Martial, Lacazette, Kane, maybe Dybala and Vietto, and perhaps 2-3 others who show anywhere near the same level of promise) will not be tragic at all. If you wanted to buy Lewandowski or Aguero now they'd cost £60m too.

I wonder if Glaston would have felt embarrassed for us paying £12.5m for an unknown Portuguese youngster with a handful of games for Sporting in 2003. I bet he would.
Absolutely :lol:

But then again, Levy would have flogged him to Madrid or [insert another big club] for 30m or something a few years later - & Glaston would have gloated about the "profit" it seems.

Sarni

Absolutely :lol:

But then again, Levy would have flogged him to Madrid or [insert another big club] for 30m or something a few years later - & Glaston would have gloated about the "profit" it seems.
Bookkeping seems to be Glaston's favourite activity in terms of supporting Spurs. Watching them this season it's probably sensible for him to take this approach.