Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Kane just needs to say let me go. Feel as though Levy knows he can’t keep him forever and is just holding on to him out of spite.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Knowing Bayern's bid, we should just put a higher bid knowing it will be rejected. Do Spurs fans really care if he goes to another PL club?
Yes of course. We would much prefer he go to another league if he leaves Spurs. This is obvious surely.

Hackman2210

Bayern bid £60.2 million. Far more realistic than the £100m we see linked with UTD.
Any want to guess what he'll go for eventially? £75m maybe.
It just highlights how clubs use our desperation for success against us.

RedStarUnited

Bayern bid £60.2 million. Far more realistic than the £100m we see linked with UTD.
Daniel Levy isnt selling below 100m when he can see Rice a DM is going for that much. Age or not, strikers are at a premium.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think if Bayern bid 100 million then they get him. I think if Utd bid 120 million they get him. If I had to guess I'd say neither is going to happen and he will stay.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Kane just needs to say let me go. Feel as though Levy knows he can’t keep him forever and is just holding on to him out of spite.
He has tried that before. Said it quite loudly, in fact.

DOTA

I think if Bayern bid 100 million then they get him. I think if Utd bid 120 million they get him. If I had to guess I'd say neither is going to happen and he will stay.
Are you expecting him to leave for nothing in a year or do you have genuine hopes of him extending?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Who's the best paid player within the Bayern team? I don't think they can match our wages, right? If we offer the same fee as them Kane would go with the better contract proposal. We should do a Chelsea and offer a 6years contract.
They pay higher wages than United. They also have a higher revenue even with the low German TV money deals.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Are you expecting him to leave for nothing in a year or do you have genuine hopes of him extending?
I have no idea what will happen but I do think it is possible he does extend because he genuinely loves the club. Though I'm not an idiot and realise it's much more likely he would leave and go for a free but I don't think it is impossible he stays.

Kaos

I guarantee that if Utd bid an amount that Levy felt was acceptable he would sell to Utd. There is no mystery or conspiracy against Utd here at all - if you pay up you will get him. You would have to be prepared to pay more than any other club though (would be the same for any other English club - this is not unique to Utd)
Levy made it clear he didn't want to sell to a domestic rival. Its not beyond the realms of possibility he'd go to a foreign club for a fee lower than what would be acceptable to us (or any other PL club bidding).

DOTA

I have no idea what will happen but I do think it is possible he does extend because he genuinely loves the club. Though I'm not an idiot and realise it's much more likely he would leave and go for a free but I don't think it is impossible he stays.
I thought you might say that.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Levy made it clear he didn't want to sell to a domestic rival. Its not beyond the realms of possibility he'd go to a foreign club for a fee lower than what would be acceptable to us (or any other PL club bidding).
Doesn't want to sell is not the same as refusing to sell at any price. This to me means he will demand a higher price from a domestic rival vs a club from another league. As I said, we will definitely sell to UTD but you will need to pay a lot for him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
is pride really worth £15 million when your whole team needs an overhaul?
It has nothing to do with pride :lol: I don't want us to strengthen any team that we will be fighting for champions league places with. This is surely very obvious and not difficult to understand - at least I thought it was. Losing the will to live here. Also - if you think 15 million quid is going to make much difference to us then I'd like some of whatever you are smoking.

Kaos

Doesn't want to sell is not the same as refusing to sell at any price. This to me means he will demand a higher price from a domestic rival vs a club from another league. As I said, we will definitely sell to UTD but you will need to pay a lot for him.
That was my initial point - we'd have to offer a considerably higher fee than Bayern to stand a chance.

Doracle

It would be absolute madness to turn down £100m from United this summer. I think you’d sell him to Bayern for £75m but I’d be surprised if he would go there (it would certainly be burning any bridges of him returning to Spurs late in his career if he is forced to do so - unless Levy leaves I guess).

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern aren't close to City. We are as close to City as Bayern are.
I am sorry but this is just wrong. Not saying we are super close to City (they are the best club in the world rn). But when was the last time United seriously competed for a CL trophy? I haven't seen you come far in the knockout stages for quite some time.

BerryBerryShrew

I think that the obvious thing to do is to snap up someone decent on the cheap (the Porto lad) or free (Thuram) and then sit back and play the waiting game. If Bayern/Real/PSG have an offer accepted, then just match their offer or go slightly (like £1m) over it. If Levy rejects our offer, then it's up to 'Arry to force things if he wants to stay in the PL. He will have more leverage if an offer has already been accepted for a similar fee and kicking up a stink will be justified - I feel like he is reluctant to do this at present due to the fiasco last time he tried.
If no bid from abroad is accepted, then throw down an 80m take it or leave it offer on deadline day. If it ain't accepted, snap him up on a free in the summer- or for 40m in January.

DOTA

I am sorry but this is just wrong. Not saying we are super close to City (they are the best club in the world rn). But when was the last time United seriously competed for a CL trophy? I haven't seen you come far in the knockout stages for quite some time.
We had a better go at stopping their treble than you did, to be fair.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think that the obvious thing to do is to snap up someone decent on the cheap (the Porto lad) or free (Thuram) and then sit back and play the waiting game. If Bayern/Real/PSG have an offer accepted, then just match their offer or go slightly (like £1m) over it. If Levy rejects our offer, then it's up to 'Arry to force things if he wants to stay in the PL. He will have more leverage if an offer has already been accepted for a similar fee and kicking up a stink will be justified - I feel like he is reluctant to do this at present due to the fiasco last time he tried.
If no bid from abroad is accepted, then throw down an 80m take it or leave it offer on deadline day. If it ain't accepted, snap him up on a free in the summer- or for 40m in January.

Nah, Levy has made it quite clear he does not want to sell to a PL rival. I don't think United matching Bayern's offer is putting any pressure on him.

Rusholme Ruffian

I agree but others in here would have you believe that his career is worthless without a trophy. A league win with Bayern is worth more to some in here than all time goal scoring records. It's a bit odd but it is what it is.
It doesn't have to be either or if he moves to United though. I imagine that is something that he at the very least has considered.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It doesn't have to be either or if he moves to United though. I imagine that is something that he at the very least has considered.
I agree which is why if he does leave this summer it would be Utd which would be his preference no doubt. It's all down to how much cash Utd are willing to spend on him.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
I agree which is why if he does leave this summer it would be Utd which would be his preference no doubt. It's all down to how much cash Utd are willing to spend on him.
I think it's the opposite actually. If Kane stays at Spurs this season he will join you next season. If he leaves this season, I think Levy will always demand a hostile price from you that I doubt United is willing to pay.

DOTA

So did Inter who we completely destroyed in the group stage :P
Yeah, it's pretty clear you got lucky there and as things went on they ultimately outperformed you by a distance.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think it's the opposite actually. If Kane stays at Spurs this season he will join you next season. If he leaves this season, I think Levy will always demand a hostile price from you that I doubt United is willing to pay.
I think what COULD happen is this - Kane stays this year and leaves for free next season. City sell Haaland to Madrid and sign Kane. This would not surprise me.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah, it's pretty clear you got lucky there and as things went on they ultimately outperformed you by a distance.
They just had the easier way to the final. No idea what you are talking about. We would have had to beat PSG - City - Real to the final, whereas Inter got Porto, AC and Napoli.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well in the hypothetical scenario I was talking about a United offer was £15 million more than Bayern's. Considering the investment that Spurs need in their squad I don't think that would be to be sniffed at.
I've said this multiple times, but £15m is nothing to Spurs if it subsquently strengthens a team you aspire to compete with.

jm99

The rumour seems to be 100m for us or 80m for bayern. Even if it was our entire budget, I think 100m for kane is more than worth it, players like him just aren't regularly available, and he would transform us

DOTA

They just had the easier way to the final. No idea what you are talking about. We would have had to beat PSG - City - Real to the final, whereas Inter got Porto, AC and Napoli.
It's not something you need to be defensive about, they're a decent side. Some years you'll be better, some years they will. It probably won't be too long until you're back at that level.

MegadrivePerson

If he was going to extend his contract why wouldn't he have already done it by now?