Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Blackwidow

I agree, but there’s more to it than when it comes to moving your family to another country. I’d do it in heartbeat as I love Germany (and at the risk of being rude in saying this, see Germany in some ways as a nicer place to live for a few years than England) but Harry and his wife have deep roots in London. Presumably siblings, cousins, friends, people they can call on for any reason at any time. All I’m saying is that decision like this doesn’t all come down to the family breadwinner finally winning a trophy.
It is a 2 hour flight from London to Munich. And they have enough money for the flights and renting a big house in which they have guest beds, too. They aren't out of the world.

Ok, you cannot use them as often as babysitters - but they can afford a nanny or an Au-Pair.

mu4c_20le

Kane holds all the cards here. The smart play for him is to inform the club that he is happy to see out the final year in his contract - or even via the media to turn the screw with a 'I've given 14 years to Spurs and I'm happy to help them reach new heights next season' spiel. The club and certainly Levy the money man won't let him walk for free, despite all the 'rivals' bluster. Either way Kane will get his choice of club this year or next, whoever that actually really is.
That would be really funny, but would also require him and his brother to actually have some balls

croadyman

Can anyone confirm, please:
If Spurs were to acknowledge Kane is for sale, can't he say 'I'm only interested in Utd, or I leave on a free next season.'
Thanks.
Think it's more many of us in here don't see him willing to actually say those words to Levy

ArmaDino

The more I look into this, the more I'm certain this is a brief in order to lower the asking price for Hojlund.

We did something similar in the case of Onana where we shifted our attention to Costa for a second.

And now it looks like we are doing something similar to Hojlund. Plus, I've yet to see any Spurs tier 1/2 confirm this. It's only the jornos linked with United that are reporting.

Looks like Mourtough has finally learned to use PR to our advantage and that is great to see.

croadyman

The more I look into this, the more I'm certain this is a brief in order to lower the asking price for Hojlund.

We did something similar in the case of Onana where we shifted our attention to Costa for a second.

And now it looks like we are doing something similar to Hojlund. Plus, I've yet to see any Spurs tier 1/2 confirm this. It's only the jornos linked with United that are reporting.

Looks like Mourtough has finally learned to use PR to our advantage and that is great to see.
Yeah think you are spot on

Revan

Assumptionman
That would be Haaland at Manchester City. Who cost way less than this. And will sell for way more. And is way better at scoring goals. This deal just doesn't make much sense. The only thing I like about him is being English but it's not worth paying extra.
Exactly this. For a club in rebuild, who has financial trouble like us, it makes no sense to go for him. Transfer fee of 100m, 130m in salary for 5 years (at 500k/week) + agent fees and signing on fee would put this at above 250m investment. That is just financially irresponsible and we should have learned this by going full mad in De Gea and Sanchez (Kane would be more expensive than both of them combined). Add to it, we won’t be able to win the title next year with or without Kane, and he might start regressing at the time we will be competitive, needing another big investment that we cannot afford.

Maybe Bayern can afford it considering that they do not need much rebuild and as far as I know have not spent like crazy in the recent years. But even for them, I think that spending 250m pounds in a 30 years old player is quite dangerous. If they won’t win UCL with him, it would be a failed transfer.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
That would be Haaland at Manchester City. Who cost way less than this. And will sell for way more. And is way better at scoring goals. This deal just doesn't make much sense. The only thing I like about him is being English but it's not worth paying extra.
It makes perfect sense if you’re a club that wants to win the title.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Maybe a stupid question but why no Saudi interest in Kane?

Even at a ridiculous £150m for a year or two can't be that outlandish by their standards. Set Kane up for generations and let him return to England even after just a season and a half so he can break the record.

crossy1686

career ending

Even at a ridiculous £150m for a year or two can't be that outlandish by their standards. Set Kane up for generations and let him return to England even after just a season and a half so he can break the record.
Charlie Kane thinks they’re Nigerian Prince scam calls so he’s blocked all numbers and emails from that country.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

The mind of a football fan is an amazing one, literally everything is a PR move or a brief. Like football fans can’t take anything for what it is and there is always some hidden agenda. It’s incredible. :lol::lol:

It’s not like Kane has been/was our top striker target and EtH wanted both an experienced striker and an up and coming one. But hey, let’s not let that spoil the fun.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It makes perfect sense if you’re a club that wants to win the title.
Not really he costs too much, slightly over-rated for being English and by the time we are ready to challenge he will be too old. I'd take him on a one/two year free contract though.

Malone_Post

Maybe we’ve finally learnt our lesson about throwing huge money & ridiculous wages at ageing players. £100 million & £400k+ wages on a 30 year old would be the kind of thing we’d do in the Woodward era.

ForeverRed1

If Spurs enter the season with him then there is absolutely no way that they would even consider selling him in january. What would be the point in that? They are willing to sacrifice 100 mil for results this season.
no but he can talk to foreign clubs from jan.. if he doesn’t sign by then he is 100% gone from Tottenham. Pretty much confirms it and he’ll have his pick of clubs. 10 months from now he is free.

the_cliff

Not really he costs too much, slightly over-rated for being English and by the time we are ready to challenge he will be too old. I'd take him on a one/two year free contract though.
Disagree with this completely. How ?

WPMUFC

This one is dead as soon as it was revived. I hoped it was real potential for interest but Atalanta have just made a club record signing that was supposedly the "Hojlund replacement", and Whitwell has got quotes from ETH just now where he's directly referencing working on a deal, making progress on a striker signing as he's desperate to get "him" in the system now to bed in and learn the system.

A nice 24 hours of hope, but it's all Hojlund now.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Theyre still hoping for Mbappe

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Can anyone confirm, please:
If Spurs were to acknowledge Kane is for sale, can't he say 'I'm only interested in Utd, or I leave on a free next season.'
Thanks.
Kane can say whatever he likes, it's a free country + he holds all the cards, he can say no to any transfer if he wants to and Spurs can't do anything about that, where he plays is entirely up to him

lex talionis

It is a 2 hour flight from London to Munich. And they have enough money for the flights and renting a big house in which they have guest beds, too. They aren't out of the world.

Ok, you cannot use them as often as babysitters - but they can afford a nanny or an Au-Pair.
Harry's family isn't going to be flying back to London on weekends. The kids will have plenty of personal care and a great education, but that's not all there is to being a parent.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Harry's family isn't going to be flying back to London on weekends. The kids will have plenty of personal care and a great education, but that's not all there is to being a parent.
100% this. Parenting is a tough gig even with all the money and support.

croadyman

This one is dead as soon as it was revived. I hoped it was real potential for interest but Atalanta have just made a club record signing that was supposedly the "Hojlund replacement", and Whitwell has got quotes from ETH just now where he's directly referencing working on a deal, making progress on a striker signing as he's desperate to get "him" in the system now to bed in and learn the system.

A nice 24 hours of hope, but it's all Hojlund now.
Never felt we would ever get him this summer

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Maybe we’ve finally learnt our lesson about throwing huge money & ridiculous wages at ageing players. £100 million & £400k+ wages on a 30 year old would be the kind of thing we’d do in the Woodward era.
Based on an article in the Athletic, it seems they are taking a different approach under Murtough for sure.

Woodward's approach was reaching a point of financial unsustainability with wage bill ever increasing ratio of total revenues -- when it was consistently under 50% under Gill. We are paying the price for Woodward's follies at the moment. But at least Murtough/Arnold is correcting it now, intentionally or unintentionally.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Disagree with this completely. How ?
Some football people get devalued for being english.

This was the best striker in the PL before Haaland & now only the 2nd whilst being potentially the highest goalscorer of all time in england

If he was argentinian like an aguero (also overated then) he would be looked at different for being the best all time scorer of UK.

You dont buy Kane for his scoring - you buy Kane for his ability to pass & link with Rashford & Antony which doesnt deteriorate for turning 30. Meanwhile regularly being a 20g scorer.

Also Arsenal werent that great last season & gave City a title chlng whilst Utd were quite close to Arsenal during the season.~ Saying that Kane doesnt make us title chalangers is delusional especially when this could be Peps last year.
@glazed

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

This was the best striker in the PL before Haaland & now only the 2nd whilst being potentially the highest goalscorer of all time in england

If he was argentinian like an aguero (also overated then) he would be looked at different for being the best all time scorer of UK.

You dont buy Kane for his scoring - you buy Kane for his ability to pass & link with Rashford & Antony which doesnt deteriorate for turning 30. Meanwhile regularly being a 20g scorer.

Also Arsenal werent that great last season & gave City a title chlng whilst Utd were quite close to Arsenal during the season.~ Saying that Kane doesnt make us title chalangers is delusional especially when this could be Peps last year.
@glazed
Great post, some of the views in this thread really do reek of people who don’t actually watch any football. *fist pump*

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Kane can say whatever he likes, it's a free country + he holds all the cards, he can say no to any transfer if he wants to and Spurs can't do anything about that, where he plays is entirely up to him
He simply isn’t that bright, he is lead by his brother and family. He tried doing things a different way 2 years ago with the Neville interview, he is talking a different approach this time.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs would be the tiny village without electricity or education around him in that meme?!
It’s funny cause you support Dortmund, you would be the even smaller village that everyone wants to leave for the bigger one, just down the road. You should rename yourselves BM Second Team #feederclub :D

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It’s funny cause you support Dortmund, you would be the even smaller village that everyone wants to leave for the bigger one, just down the road. You should rename yourselves BM Second Team #feederclub :D
I didn't share the meme?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

@glazed
I agree. I think his potential is underrated. That being said, he should «prove» himself at the highest level again for a great team.

We have seen Harry Kane be a great nine, having a big amount of his involvements in the penalty area when Spurs where a good side. We have also seen him being a great playmaker the last few years, becoming significantly more involved deeper in the pitch (due to a lack of playmakers at Spurs).

Imagine having that player in a great side, being able to switch and adjust based on the match. If you are chasing a match, dominating against a side who defends in a lower block you have one of the best strikers in the world in and around their penalty area. If the other side is chasing, you have Harry Kane dropping deeper, finding players like Rashford/Garnacho and Antony on transition.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He wants £30m per year?
£577k per week?

I know he’s world class and this is his final contract, but that’s taking the piss.
Or what City were offering in some bent shape or form... possibly.

Issue is Kane is one of very few elite strikers and that should rightly come with him being able to pull a pie in the sky premium figure out of the air for shits and giggles and negotiate down from there, or have it met in performance bonuses.

Would you object if it was dependent on him hitting 50+ goals or 25+ league goals per season etc.?

The other Kane has to show some nous here and get his brother an astronomical deal no matter what he opts to do, be it stay at Spurs, go abroad or remain in the PL.

mu4c_20le

Fight fight fight! Dortmund won the league, but Spurs have a CL runners up trophy. It's close.