Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
It’s funny cause you support Dortmund, you would be the even smaller village that everyone wants to leave for the bigger one, just down the road. You should rename yourselves BM Second Team #feederclub :D
Off the facts. With Sabitzer on his way to BVB it's the other way around. Total number of players Bayern bought from BVB in the last 25 years: 2, Götze and Hummels (and we gave both of them back after use :) ) . Other direction: 4, Götze, Rode, Hummels, Sabitzer

about United getting Kane: keep on dreaming, Lads. He's Munich bound, 80% this year, if that doesnt happen, next year. Call me back when Mrs Kane is spotted checking out houses and schools in Manchester (is there even an international school? :D).

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Off the facts. With Sabitzer on his way to BVB it's the other way around. Total number of players Bayern bought from BVB in the last 25 years: 2, Götze and Hummels (and we gave both of them back after use :) ) . Other direction: 4, Götze, Rode, Hummels, Sabitzer

about United getting Kane: keep on dreaming, Lads. He's Munich bound, 80% this year, if that doesnt happen, next year. Call me back when Mrs Kane is spotted checking out houses and schools in Manchester (is there even an international school? :D).
I kinda agree on the 80% for this year but I am also under the impression, that this summer is Bayern's only chance to get him.

ColvaleGoa

Lewa?

the_cliff

Some football people get devalued for being english.

This was the best striker in the PL before Haaland & now only the 2nd whilst being potentially the highest goalscorer of all time in england

If he was argentinian like an aguero (also overated then) he would be looked at different for being the best all time scorer of UK.

You dont buy Kane for his scoring - you buy Kane for his ability to pass & link with Rashford & Antony which doesnt deteriorate for turning 30. Meanwhile regularly being a 20g scorer.

Also Arsenal werent that great last season & gave City a title chlng whilst Utd were quite close to Arsenal during the season.~ Saying that Kane doesnt make us title chalangers is delusional especially when this could be Peps last year.
@glazed
I agree. Also the whole by the time we challenge he'll be too old rhetoric just confuses me. If we get him we'll challenge this coming season.
Kane is probably the only cf in Europe right now that is at least on Haalands level, imo he's better than Haaland due to his overall play. No cf in world football (maybe Benzema) would improve our wingers output and get 20-30 goals in the league at the same time.

Last edited:

Siorac

I suggest you stay where you came from mate. Back to the noobs you go.
Do you want United to sign Kane? I expected you'd embrace every poster who doesn't think it's a good idea.
Some football people get devalued for being english.

This was the best striker in the PL before Haaland & now only the 2nd whilst being potentially the highest goalscorer of all time in england

If he was argentinian like an aguero (also overated then) he would be looked at different for being the best all time scorer of UK.

You dont buy Kane for his scoring - you buy Kane for his ability to pass & link with Rashford & Antony which doesnt deteriorate for turning 30. Meanwhile regularly being a 20g scorer.

Also Arsenal werent that great last season & gave City a title chlng whilst Utd were quite close to Arsenal during the season.~ Saying that Kane doesnt make us title chalangers is delusional especially when this could be Peps last year.
@glazed
Kane isn't the best scorer of all time in the UK. He's 71st in England. Or 19th if you're only looking at top-flight league goals.

Siorac

no money went from FCB to BVB for him :p
Speaking of Lewandowski: Bayern fans of the caf, was there any hype in Germany around Lewandowski breaking the all-time top scorer record of the Bundesliga? He was only 53 goals behind Gerd Müller - that's two good seasons. When he was first linked with leaving Bayern, was the potential record touted as a reason to stick around?

@Acrobat7 @Wiesenlooser @Blackwidow @do.ob (I apologise for lumping you in with the Bayern fans)

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Speaking of Lewandowski: Bayern fans of the caf, was there any hype in Germany around Lewandowski breaking the all-time top scorer record of the Bundesliga? He was only 53 goals behind Gerd Müller - that's two good seasons. When he was first linked with leaving Bayern, was the potential record touted as a reason to stick around?

@Acrobat7 @Wiesenlooser @Blackwidow @do.ob (I apologise for lumping you in with the Bayern fans)
Only very, very rarely.
But in general Gerd Müllers one season record of 40 goals was always a bigger topic in germany than his all time record.
And as we know Lewy broke that "unbreakable" record.

Does Messi have the most La Liga goals ever?
Who is first in Ligue 1?

I don't have a clue.

Imo it's nowhere as big of a topic as in the PL.

Last edited:

Red Star One

I can tell you it was brought up by the Polish media and there were a few “ITKs” pretending to know that Lewy was on the hunt for that record and that’s what apparently motivated him to stay in Bayern. I honestly think it’s bullshit and breaking the Muller record for the most goals in the season, a treble and numerous individual accolades were surely enough for Lewandowski to admit it’s time to move on.

Siorac

Only very, very rarely.
But in general Gerd Müllers one season record of 40 goals was always a bigger topic in germany than his all time record.
And as we know Lewy broke that "unbreakable" record.

Does Messi have the most La Liga goals ever?
Who is first in Ligue 1?

I don't have a clue.

Imo it's nowhere as big of a topic as in the PL.
And of course a Bayern fan I haven't tagged responds first :lol:

Thanks! That's what I thought.

And by the way, yes, Messi does hold the record for all time La Liga top goalscorer. No prizes for guessing who's second, either.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
And of course a Bayern fan I haven't tagged responds first :lol:

Thanks! That's what I thought.

And by the way, yes, Messi does hold the record for all time La Liga top goalscorer. No prizes for guessing who's second, either.
I simply wanted to agree to what was mentioned. Müller‘s single season record was talked about a lot. And rightfully so. 40 goals in a 34 game season is truly impressive.

An all-time-scoring record is obviously great but on the one hand it can be broken (while you get to keep your league, cup, CL, EL trophies) and on the other hand it is quite hilarious to pretend that there was no football before 1992.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Reaching/breaking Gerd Müller's 40 goals in a single season was a pretty big deal in German media and for Lewa and the team. Lewandowski even wore a shirt with "Gerd forever" under his Bayern jersey the day he equalled the record, and when he broke it, the whole squad gave him a guard of honour directly on the pitch.

Tarrou

Not really he costs too much, slightly over-rated for being English and by the time we are ready to challenge he will be too old. I'd take him on a one/two year free contract though.
i think we can challenge next season with Kane

even last season there was a period where we looked like we might challenge, despite the utter mess we were in only one season prior

we literally didn’t have a striker, and then we go straight to having Kane! We’d surely be adding 10/15 points on that and our keeper upgrade is huge too

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

even last season there was a period where we looked like we might challenge, despite the utter mess we were in only one season prior

we literally didn’t have a striker, and then we go straight to having Kane! We’d surely be adding 10/15 points on that and our keeper upgrade is huge too
  1. Onana v Ramsdale
  2. Wan Bissaka v White
  3. Varane v Saliba
  4. Martinez vGabriel
  5. Shaw v Zinchenko
  6. Casemiro v Partey
  7. Eriksen/Mount v Xhaka
  8. Bruno v Odegaard
  9. Antony v Saka
  10. Kane v Jesus
  11. Rashford v Martinelli
Apart from Antony vs Saka I don’t see much of a difference between this seasons United vs last seasons Arsenal. Arguably to some the players may even be better (Casemiro v Partey, Kane v Jesus, Eriksen/Mount vs Xhaka) etc.

Arsenal were number 1 in the PL for 3/4 of the season & dropped in the last few months.

I don’t see how a player like Kane wouldn’t make us title challengers - when we are quite similar in capacity to last years Arsenal who gave a good title challenge to Man City.

aeh1991

1. Onana v Ramsdale
  2. Wan Bissaka v White
  3. Varane v Saliba
  4. Martinez vGabriel
  5. Shaw v Zinchenko
  6. Casemiro v Partey
  7. Eriksen/Mount v Xhaka
  8. Bruno v Odegaard
  9. Antony v Saka
  10. Kane v Jesus
Apart from Antony vs Saka I don’t see much of a difference between this seasons United vs last seasons Arsenal. Arguably to some the players may even be better (Casemiro v Partey, Kane v Jesus, Eriksen/Mount vs Xhaka) etc.

Arsenal were number 1 in the PL for 3/4 of the season & dropped in the last few months.

I don’t see how a player like Kane wouldn’t make us title challengers - when we are quite similar in capacity to last years Arsenal who gave a good title challenge to Man City.
Our team (with Kane) looks stronger than last season's Arsenal's.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München

And even better we may be playing with an actual #6 *and* a class keeper who has a trust relation with the defenders and vice versa :)

Agree what the others said about Müller vs Lewa.
Some other aspects. Müller along with Beckenbauer was the symbol of Germany's and the Bundesligas rise from after-war obscurity to powerhouse both on club and on international level. Lewa was and is respected for his class and his professionalism, but never was beloved the same way, too much of a merc.
If you create a chance, Lewa is the near 100% certain scorer. If there is no chance, Müller creates a goal no one else could have, to this day.
That isn't meant to disrespect Lewa. Gerd himself when he was still able to was full of praise for him.

OL29

1. Onana v Ramsdale
  2. Wan Bissaka v White
  3. Varane v Saliba
  4. Martinez vGabriel
  5. Shaw v Zinchenko
  6. Casemiro v Partey
  7. Eriksen/Mount v Xhaka
  8. Bruno v Odegaard
  9. Antony v Saka
  10. Kane v Jesus

On paper it looks good but football isn't played on paper. Kane's a lot better than Jesus but could he match Jesus' mobility and pressing? We've seen with Ronaldo how a player can offer goals but still be an overall detriment to the team. I'm not saying this would definitely happen with Kane but it's something to think about despite how good he is overall.

Bebestation

Our team (with Kane) looks stronger than last season's Arsenal's.
Exactly.

We have improved/more options at arguably our weaker to Arsenal RW this season aswell (Antony, Amad, Sancho & potentially somewood).

Kane would make us better than last seasons Arsenal IMO - at least at the same level to the people who would disagree.

If we sign Hojlund then I’m less so sure compared to Kane because we don’t know how he will grow or adapt in his first season at the PL.

Bebestation

On paper it looks good but football isn't played on paper. Kane's a lot better than Jesus but could he match Jesus' mobility and pressing? We've seen with Ronaldo how a player can offer goals but still be an overall detriment to the team. I'm not saying this would definitely happen with Kane but it's something to think about despite how good he is overall.
Sure but we are not buying Kane for his pressing - we are buying him for his passing/link up play with Rashford & our RW whilst also having the ability to poach 20 goals.

Does Jesus’s hold up play measure well against Kane’s?

Jesus hardly played last year due to injury aswell - so Kane should be better than Nketiah.

croadyman

Just have to hope he waits it out but nah I think he will decide it's time for new experience

the_cliff

I am of the opinion that we're definitely after Kane. I don't think we'll sign Hojlund until Kane is definitely off the table. I think we're waiting to see the outcome of the negotiations with Bayern to see what price Spurs will come to the table.

croadyman

I am of the opinion that we're definitely after Kane. I don't think we'll sign Hojlund until Kane is definitely off the table. I think we're waiting to see the outcome of the negotiations with Bayern to see what price Spurs will come to the table.
There wouldn't be so much definite stances from the likes of Stone,Whitwell,Ducker & Crook if that was the case which there clearly is looking at recent tweets from all of them

Teja

I think the ship has sailed. If Spurs were as open to selling him as they seemingly are now, we would've put all our eggs into the Harry Kane basket. Keep DDG around, rely on Fred / McT / Mainoo to cover for Eriksen and Casemiro and go all out for Kane.

We're too far along to change that now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think the ship has sailed. If Spurs were as open to selling him as they seemingly are now, we would've put all our eggs into the Harry Kane basket. Keep DDG around, rely on Fred / McT / Mainoo to cover for Eriksen and Casemiro and go all out for Kane.

We're too far along to change that now.
I think Spurs were expecting us to be going in hard for him and were planning to use the end of the window to force the price up.

As it is, we clearly haven’t really shown the interest they expected and they are panicking a bit that they’re going to lose him for free so they’re drumming up interest.

Swedish_Plumber

We’d be fools not to try and get in his ear about signing for free next summer. Not gonna fork out this summer anyways. Does seem like he’s finally off in this window though so probably missed that boat.

Teja

I think Spurs were expecting us to be going in hard for him and were planning to use the end of the window to force the price up.

As it is, we clearly haven’t really shown the interest they expected and they are panicking a bit that they’re going to lose him for free so they’re drumming up interest.
Yep I agree but I never fully followed why they were delaying it (more money is one reason of course, but still). Late in the window means they won't have enough time to find replacements, they got a new head coach who I assume they don't want to piss off right away and a team that's in trouble. It made sense for all parties to get the deal done early.