Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

We were absolutely in a position to match or better their bid, but not anymore, no.

It’s done now, we got Højlund (who you were asking for, Croady), and Bayern or someone else in the PL will get Kane.

Best thing to do now is support the lad that’s been brought in and try and forget about Kane as now it truly is completely off the table.

Kane for me is in the Shearer category of really should’ve come to Utd, but alas, not to be.
Yeah that comparison is actually very apt

croadyman

I wouldn’t completely rule us out of going for Kane yet (albeit unlikely we’d succeed)

- Still need another body up front in terms of numbers
- Hojlund is very young and inexperienced to be our main striker all season
- However we no longer appear desperate which is good
- Sell more of our deadwood to free up funds
- Let Bayern “set the price”
- Once this is set and Spurs are resigned to losing him, go in, matching the price, and gazump Bayern in terms of wages
We haven't got the bid to match them now let alone offer him better wages. Our best hope is going for Toney in January or maybe Ferguson next summer. Remains to be seen if we are interested in either though

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
All hypothetical but if Levy and Bayern agree a fee of say £100m for Kane then we come in and say we will match that bid and Kane says I prefer to join United are we saying that Levy would refuse and quote a higher figure for us and possibly lose Kane for nothing next summer? Considering the fact that he has been told to sell Kane or get him to sign a new contract which I don't think he will.
So you really think you can get Kane in addition to Hojlund. I think getting Hojlund ends the Kane to United for at least this summer

Kane has 3yrs minimum of top level football possibly 5. What will happen to 75m Hojlund while Kane is starting

And a fit Kane starts all games. So forget about rotation

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Should've put in a transfer request or threaten them to piss in the Cheese room.

croadyman

So you really think you can get Kane in addition to Hojlund. I think getting Hojlund ends the Kane to United for at least this summer

Kane has 3yrs minimum of top level football possibly 5. What will happen to 75m Hojlund while Kane is starting

Some will believe it but I'm not one of them

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Yeah correct. The Højlund signing equals Kane to Bayern or a PL rival.

Yakuza_devils

Kane is now all yours (I don't think Kane wants to go PSG). Haggle the price down because I don't think Levy can afford to lose him for free next summer

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not for United. Levy would have refused to sell or only for an amount that we cannot pay
You have signed from Spurs in the past, it would be hard but not impossible and Kane was the type to break the English record for. He is England captain and a genuine top class striker when there is a severe drought of talent in that position

Sparky Rhiwabon

We haven't got the bid to match them now let alone offer him better wages. Our best hope is going for Toney in January or maybe Ferguson next summer. Remains to be seen if we are interested in either though
Yeah maybe. Would need us to be unusually good at selling our deadwood to raise the funds - Maguire, McTominay, Fred, Martial, Henderson - so, yeah probably won’t happen. But it’s not impossible.

Last edited:

croadyman

You have signed from Spurs in the past, it would be hard but not impossible and Kane was the type to break the English record for. He is England captain and a genuine top class striker when there is a severe drought of talent in that position
He is yours now we moved on at start of June because didn’t want to end up with no one. We haven't dealt with Levy since 2008 so not surprised that happened.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Some will believe it but I'm not one of them
Yeah correct. The Højlund signing equals Kane to Bayern or a PL rival.
Kane is now all yours (I don't think Kane wants to go PSG). Haggle the price down because I don't think Levy can afford to lose him for free next summer
If I'm to make decisions for United I will definitely try everything to sign Kane at least make solid attempts
My theory is that ETH doesn't rate Kane that much or prefers a different direction tactically

Most coaches don't last longer than 4yrs at a job and in that time you will have Kane at his peak to help you win trophies at the job.

Head scratcher

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I wouldn’t completely rule us out of going for Kane yet (albeit unlikely we’d succeed)

- Once this is set and Spurs are resigned to losing him, go in, matching the price, and gazump Bayern in terms of wages
Yeah, just gazump us in terms of wages.
In all seriousness, what do people on here think our players make? Reading this thread we must be the luckiest club in the world, because all of our players play for free.
Where does this weird idea come from, that we pay low wages? Or wages that aren’t competitive with other topclubs?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Back in the days when we had money. We just cant spend so much on him as we have 4 other positions to upgrade too. Our fee would be higher than Bayern and his wages too high

Yakuza_devils

If I'm to make decisions for United I will definitely try everything to sign Kane at least make solid attempts
My theory is that ETH doesn't rate Kane that much or prefers a different direction tactically

Most coaches don't last longer than 4yrs at a job and in that time you will have Kane at his peak to help you win trophies at the job.

Head scratcher
I think the main reason is that ETH prefer his ST to be able to press relentlessly and has speed to destroy opponent which Hojlund excell in.

Giggs' right foot

Yeah, just gazump us in terms of wages.
In all seriousness, what do people on here think our players make? Reading this thread we must be the luckiest club in the world, because all of our players play for free.
Where does this weird idea come from, that we pay low wages? Or wages that aren’t competitive with other topclubs?
It's very much recognized that the average wage of a Bayern player is a paid Spotify Premium subscription coupled with coupon codes on beer and lederhosen.

CM

The only way we could possibly sign Kane now is if he runs his contract down and we move for him next summer. That's the way it should be too. Paying over £100m for a 30 year old with one year left on his deal would've been ludicrous.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It's very much recognized that the average wage of a Bayern player is a paid Spotify Premium subscription coupled with coupon codes on beer and lederhosen.
I’m honestly starting to believe that’s what some people think.

Rhyme Animal

Head scratcher
Agree completely.

thestumper

I didn't say we could get Kane in addition to Hojlund, I asked the question whether 'if' we did match Bayerns bid would Kane come out and say he would prefer to join United and then would Levy not sell to us and lose him from free next summer?
I don't think we can rely on Hojland as our only really centre forward this season. In years gone by we had Yorke, Cole, Sherringham and Solskjær. Rooney, RVP and Hernandez, the list could go on. Currently it looks like we have Hojland and I certainly would not like to rely on Martial to back him up and Rashford isn't a centre forward.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This is a bit disingenuous considering Hojlund could do well and sign a contract extension on better wages. Won’t be £575k a week mind you, but still a lil bit disingenuous. He won’t be on 75k a week for his whole contract
Thats a good point though. But under the current wage he is getting (75k), is actually in line with our top young striker MG, who got this pay rise (75k) after scoring 17 goals in his first season here. So I would say Hojlund won't get another pay rise soon if he is only scoring at 10-15 goals range in coming seasons.

However, I would say he may only get a pay rise if he is going to consistently scoring around 20+ goals per season, which means he would become big success here. By then comparison with Kane would be not worth much of a discussion, as we are getting 20+ goals striker who is in his early 20s, instead of getting a 25-30+ goals striker who is in his early 30s.

And even so, surely he wouldn't be getting anywhere near Kane's 575k per week, far from it. My expectation is he may get a pay rise to 150-200k if he is consistently scoring 20+ goals per season. But of course if he is scoring at Haaland's rate (40+ goals), he may still get Kane's wage. But I don't think anyone would complain if he is scoring at that rate.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Sell Fred, Maguire, Mctominay, VDB and use that money for Kane.

Try build the money before we spend it because it then matches with wages output possibly.

The only reason Ten Hag wouldn’t rate Kane is depending on how important pressing is for him.

Rhyme Animal

Thats a good point though. But under the current wage he is getting (75k), is actually in line with our top young striker MG, who got this pay rise (75k) after scoring 17 goals in his first season here. So I would say Hojlund won't get another pay rise soon if he is only scoring at 10-15 goals range in coming seasons.

However, I would say he may only get a pay rise if he is going to consistently scoring around 20+ goals per season, which means he would become big success here. By then comparison with Kane would be not worth much of a discussion, as we are getting 20+ goals striker who is in his early 20s, instead of getting a 25-30+ goals striker who is in his early 30s.

And even so, surely he wouldn't be getting anywhere near Kane's 575k per week, far from it. My expectation is he may get a pay rise to 150-200k if he is consistently scoring 20+ goals per season. But of course if he is scoring at Haaland's rate (40+ goals), he may still get Kane's wage. But I don't think anyone would complain if he is scoring at that rate.
Has it been confirmed that Højlund’s wages at Utd will be 75k?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
How much was Hojlund on at his previous club, at Atlanta now at Man Utd.
£10K allegedly. I’m sure I read a tweet somewhere that said he’d be 8x his wages if he joined United. (This is on the assumption he’s on £80k a week)

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Has it been confirmed that Højlund’s wages at Utd will be 75k?
I think there are several sources out there which reported that range.
Basically he earned around £10k at Atalanta (or €600k yearly), and its been reported last week that he will be earning around 7-8 times more at United. As for latest report that I've came across a few sources stating he will be earning around £75k weekly here (or €5m yearly). I think this makes sense as MG has been earning around the same here since his last pay rise.

Rhyme Animal

I think there are several sources out there which reported that range.
Basically he earned around £10k at Atalanta (or €600k yearly), and its been reported last week that he will be earning around 7-8 times more at United. As for latest report that I've came across a few sources stating he will be earning around £75k weekly here (or €5m yearly).
That’d be great if true.

Redcy

There was no way Levy was selling to us if he could get Bayern to stump up 90-100m. The reason why we exited the race was because it was clear that for us to get him was going to be more than 100m, if Levy would even sell to us. There also has to be the factor that this was going to drag out to the end of the window, with Levy stringing us along, I can only imagine what the Caf would have been like if we were at the end of August and we had not yet signed a striker.

I think we looked at it and decided we could not have another window like the de Jong fiasco.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Head scratcher
It's been pretty widely reported that Kane was definitely your first choice, but it quickly became very clear Levy would be diificult and expensive to deal with and after FdJ last year United didn't want to spend the whole summer chasing Kane and then get caught out and fleeced for another striker on deadline day.

So they dropped the idea of Kane early on and went to EtH's second choice.

Dorris

I’m still utterly bewildered by this. The Bundesliga is essentially Ligue 1 at this point so he’s relying on the Champions League to go well every year for them to have a good season. If he waited a year he’d have free choice over the English clubs (apart from City) or better yet Real Madrid, which would give him an even better crack at the CL every year and the best domestic rivalry on the continent.

The PL record would be better than winning a 12th consecutive Bundesliga with Bayern.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think people are overthinking this. He is 30 and wants guaranteed trophies before he retires. There is no other team in the top 5 leagues of Europe that will guarantee you that more than Bayern.

There is no pressure and free trophies. They tried to give it away last season and still won it.

This is the best transfer for someone who wants absolutely no risk. If he stays for two years, absolute worst case scenario is 2 Bundesligas and a Pokal.

Judas

Open to offers
I think people are overthinking this. He is 30 and wants guaranteed trophies before he retires. There is no other team in the top 5 leagues of Europe that will guarantee you that more than Bayern.

There is no pressure and free trophies. They tried to give it away last season and still won it.

This is the best transfer for someone who wants absolutely no risk. If he stays for two years, absolute worst case scenario is 2 Bundesligas and a Pokal.
Part of me still thinks he’d rather have the PL record over trophies in Germany, based on nothing but my own feeling.

Maluco

Part of me still thinks he’d rather have the PL record over trophies in Germany, based on nothing but my own feeling.
He can definitely do both though, can’t he? There would be no shortage of PL teams prepared to play a 33/34/35 year old Kane when you see what some teams start with.

If he is viewing it as a 2 year thing, Bayern makes even more sense because he needs to be sure. There are no guarantees over such a short period anywhere else.

lex talionis

But would it really be an “accomplishment”for Kane if Bayern lifted their 12th (?) straight Bundesliga trophy?

Maluco

But would it really be an “accomplishment”for Kane if Bayern lifted their 12th (?) straight Bundesliga trophy?
If it’s between that, the chance of getting booed and losing to Barcelona at Real or leaving for another Prem side and winning nothing anyway, it’s the path of least resistance.

No one will be able to say he hasn’t won the league, because he will have done.

mu4c_20le

If it’s between that, the chance of getting booed and losing to Barcelona at Real or leaving for another Prem side and winning nothing anyway, it’s the path of least resistance.

He holds all the cards. Least resistance is either signing a new bumper contract with release clause or wind it down till next season and see which PL big dog comes for him.

lex talionis

Agreed, but “the league” he’d be playing in is not the Premier League. I actually like to watch Bundesliga matches, but it’s just not the PL.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sell Fred, Maguire, Mctominay, VDB and use that money for Kane.

Try build the money before we spend it because it then matches with wages output possibly.

The only reason Ten Hag wouldn’t rate Kane is depending on how important pressing is for him.
We're struggling to get a big above 6m for Fred, 20m for Maguire, and no-one is going for VDB.

So unless you think we're getting 75m for McTom we're going to struggle.

Maluco

He holds all the cards. Least resistance is either signing a new bumper contract with release clause or wind it down till next season and see which PL big dog comes for him.
I don’t even mean with Levy, I mean as a professional wanting to win something. It’s the easiest option and the one with the least pressure. That can be attractive to some personality types and I think Kane has proven that he lacks ambition by staying at Spurs so long. He just wants a trophy and this is easily the best option to do that.

Agreed, but “the league” he’d be playing in is not the Premier League. I actually like to watch Bundesliga matches, but it’s just not the PL.
Winning the PL isn’t open to him anymore. We are United supporters so we like to think otherwise, but it’s unlikely anywhere else but at City. He isn’t choosing the Bundesliga over the PL, he is choosing the guaranteed option.