Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

mikeyt

If Kane stays and joins us on a free next summer it will be the biggest feck you to Levy. make it happen Harry lad!

crossy1686

career ending
Is there any link (i will accept even tier Z) that we are still interested?
No, because Tottenham will not sell to a direct rival under any circumstance.

Are you lot having a hard time comprehending that or is it just that there’s something amazing up for grabs and you can’t stand being excluded from the auction?

croadyman

Hopefully he tells Levy that he only wants United and if he’s not going to get it, he’ll come to us for free next summer :drool:
Presume you mean tells Levy he only wants Utd this summer,if he doesn't grant him move he will join us for free in 2024

croadyman

Are you lot having a hard time comprehending that or is it just that there’s something amazing up for grabs and you can’t stand being excluded from the auction?
You damn right I can't stand being excluded

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Out of interest United fans:

a. Buy Kane this window?
b. Get him for “free” next summer?
Next season for free definitely. It's not as if we have a very old squad that needs to win now, we can definitely have one season to continued development with the squad and then make a push next season.

That being said, a big risk is if we don't get top 4. That might dissuade Kane from joining.

rajds89

We aren’t a direct rival though and if Levy and Tottenham fans honestly think they we are then they are kidding themselves.

OverratedOpinion

We aren’t a direct rival though and if Levy and Tottenham fans honestly think they we are then they are kidding themselves.
Their number 1 ambition next season would be to obtain Champions League football. As much as we can sneer about it, that is their ambition.

We are one of the teams who will more than likely take up one of those spots.

To them it's perfectly logical to see us as rivals.

RedorDead21

Next season for free definitely. It's not as if we have a very old squad that needs to win now, we can definitely have one season to continued development with the squad and then make a push next season.

That being said, a big risk is if we don't get top 4. That might dissuade Kane from joining.
We have the worlds best DM who isn’t getting any younger and either is Varane. I see both sides of the argument

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Elanga - £15m
Fred - £10m
Kovar - £9m
Maguire - £30m
Telles - £4m

£78m so far.

Add in

McTominay - £35m

And we can buy Kane.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
My math may be off but shouldn't the income we're set to gain from offloading the likes of fred, Harry, Scott, donny and Bailey be more than enough to both cover the transfer cost and his purported 500k a week demands? After we're going to free up a ton of our wage bill all things said and done.

That's off course assuming we're capable of spending that money and it's not going to the way of our previous expenditures.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

My math may be off but shouldn't the income we're set to gain from offloading the likes of fred, Harry, Scott, donny and Bailey be more than enough to both cover the transfer cost and his purported 500k a week demands? After we're going to free up a ton of our wage bill all things said and done.

That's off course assuming we're capable of spending that money and it's not going to the way of our previous expenditures.
Easily. It's the unbalanced nature of it. One player shouldn't earn that much more than others. I also think the 500k pw is bull

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Jonny Evans.
Right but we are 100% going for another CB in Tobido/Pavard it seems. So if we assume that scenario + the fact that VDB+Fred fund Amrabat, we don't have enough.

Unless (and this is what I believe) we have leaked a more conservative restraint to the journalists, and our true FFP flex is a bit better than what we led on. Especially after offloading DDG wages and Ronaldo last season.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
If the Declan Rice saga taught me anything, it’s that clubs - and even their fanbase - can become convinced that their your rivals all on their own.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Levy views United as a rival.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Right but we are 100% going for another CB in Tobido/Pavard it seems. So if we assume that scenario + the fact that VDB+Fred fund Amrabat, we don't have enough.

Unless (and this is what I believe) we have leaked a more conservative restraint to the journalists, and our true FFP flex is a bit better than what we led on. Especially after offloading DDG wages and Ronaldo last season.
That's like 750k pw

Plus this year's outgoings, I'd say another £600k. £1.3m pw

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Nobody can convince me ETH wanted Harry Kane - the club said no we won’t even try but here’s Hojlund instead and you’re keeping injured Martial - and he just accepted that. Everything we know about the man and how demanding he is suggests that is an impossibility to me.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Also to those saying that we'd be better off sitting on the money and either hope he comes to us on a free or put it to a diffrent use in the future consider that our squad isn't getting any younger and as of now several of our key players namely varane, casemiro and bruno are on the wrong side of their peak , this team must challenge now or we'd be facing the very present prospect of replacing several of our core player in three years time for several times the money we could have gotten kane for without actually having challenged and I rather not waste the peak of the of one the best defensive mids around or a center back with an unrivaled trophy cabinet.

Kane obviously wouldn't guarantee us a title run or not even the runners up but between all the players out there that are available he serves the best chance of giving us a fighting chance at the former side i think we should take that chance.
Easily. It's the unbalanced nature of it. One player shouldn't earn that much more than others. I also think the 500k pw is bull
Yeah I doubt it's veracity as well it should be nowhere that high.

Plus to those that say we should wait a year wouldn't he demand an even more ridiculous wage and signing bonus if he were to come to us on a free?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's like 750k pw

Plus this year's outgoings, I'd say another £600k. £1.3m pw
Yep.
Also there was a £100-150m net spend limitation I think(?)

So if Mount (£60m), Onana (£48m) and Hojlund (£72m) take our current spending to is £180m. Kane would take it to £280m total. And Amrabat + Tobido is roughly £60m (if we assume £30m each).

That's a total spend in a best case bumper window scenario of £340m!

We'd need to sell at least £190m worth of talent in order to get all of the above players.

Elanga - £15m
Telles - £4m
Fred - £8.5m
Maguire - £30m
McT - £35m (?)
Henderson(?) - loan
VDB - loan

That takes it to touching distance of £100m, but I don't see where we get a further £90m from.

Again I've been very conservative and crude, and I'm assuming United's FFP situation is exactly as leaked. I have a sneaky feeling it might be better than that, or perhaps with takeover talks there is some negotiation on how to push forward some spending if they are advanced enough with the new owners.

Woodzy

Think we might find something down the back of the sofa is he’s still ‘on the market’ come the end of the window.

ErikElevenHag

That would be interesting.

For us, i dont think 100mil makes sense for him. I personally dont think adding Kane makes us into serious title chalangers automatically. But if we are in with a sniff in Jan, then it would be worth going in for him.

But then, how crazy is paying 30-40 mil to get a player 5 months early.
It'd be worth 50 million if we were in the title race. Imagine the lift signing Harry Kane would be for a title run in.

FujiVice

He fits this team more than any of our teams in the last decade. That type of goalscorer and linkup man in a team with the players we have would give us a legitimate chance of winning the league.

Reckon we'd have went in for him if we had been bought out. Hopefully next year.

Plastic Evra

If United had all that silly money laying somewhere end of August, I'd rather chance Mbappé to be honest. Not as safe as Harry Bland, obviously.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Think we might find something down the back of the sofa is he’s still ‘on the market’ come the end of the window.
It isn’t even that much to find by my maths. It’s an extra 50m which would still give a lower net spend than last summer assuming we can sell Mctominay and Henderson for 50m and get rid of Martial’s wages on a free. We’d still have reduced our wage bill too considering this time last year De Gea and Ronaldo were taking up 750k a week. Everything we’ve done this summer has been very calculated - I just don’t see how we haven’t factored sticking a bid in for him towards the end of the window when we’ve sold who we want to sell and Levy is out of other selling options. There is no way the plan for the end of this window is Martial being a key squad player - it doesn’t fit with how demanding and ruthless ETH is.