Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Loon

:lol:
Levy is one of the majority owners of the club. The biggest majority owner (Joe Lewis) has always allowed Levy to do what he wants as he doesn't care at all about the club itself so long as Levy increases the value (which he has done so tremendously). Not only that but Joe Lewis is currently underneath a giant charge and Tottenham have essentially removed him from everything.

The club is run by Levy - Levy answers to Levy.
Does the club have shareholders?

Ole'sattheWheel

Bayern we’re probably paying 5D chess waiting for us to buy Højlund before they made a “final offer” so we can’t match them and nick him

LordSpud

What I will say about City is that maybe they know Haaland is off again next summer? We knows it's normally 3 years and gone but if he's just gonna score another 40 goals a season next year and win another treble he might decide to jack the Prem in after 2. In which case City might fancy a bit of Kane next summer

Levi1

Anyone have a YouTube link with highlights on this "Harry Kane" character. Sounds like a joke name

Loon

:lol:
Basically Lewis and Levy via the trust owning 86% of Spurs.
So, if Levy is indeed unchecked, he has to reverse his decision and refuse the same fee from another PL club justified in the belief he has denied a direct rival for one season (and this could be any PL bidder, not us specifically)

Unless he manages to get Kane to sign another contract, of course?

Interesting times….

Bwuk

I remain convinced we will bid.

Kane would have either rejected Bayerns offer or said he’s staying by now. His agent would have been informed of the sort of wages Bayern were offering before the bid for accepted.

Eddy_JukeZ

I remain convinced we will bid.

Kane would have either rejected Bayerns offer or said he’s staying by now. His agent would have been informed of the sort of wages Bayern were offering before the bid for accepted.
Why? There's been nothing to suggest we're even interested anymore.

lsd

The Oracle
Apparently the hold up is agent fees and his agent is his brother.

JagUTD

I doubt Kane wants Bayern more Levy is leaving him little choice and he has to Kuch respect for Spurs as a club to walk for free.

Take away the PL clubs, United, Chelsea or at a stretch Liverpool who might be interested but Levy wouldn't accept and you are basically left with Bayern. Madrid have their eyes on someone else, Barcelona are a mess and the Italian clubs don't have this sort of money. PSG are a possibility but even worse from a challenge POV than Bayern.

So it's more about a lack of choice than wanting the move.

Still doubt United and others haven't been in discussions behind the scenes trying to break Levys resolve.

No disrespect to Bayern either as would be a great coup for them but in some ways they are being used in all of this. Not that you would complain about being used and ending up with Kane :lol:

Teja

Somewhat happy that Bayern become stronger. Will give City a tougher time in the CL. I wouldn't be able to take it if City did a treble again next season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I personally think Ten Hag always had Kane in his sights as the experienced striker and had the financials to do it, but not at the “United Tax” price. Bayern coming in and finding a price Spurs (and their owner) would accept is either blind luck or a masterstroke.

I think United will match the Bayern offer.

Kane’s agent is probably the prime mover behind this.

I am also probably talking bollocks, but it is harmless bollocks and Netflix-entertaining level bollocks…
Charlie kane pulled a Kaiser soze.

Who would have guessed !

VivaRonaldo85

If we can get in £100+ million from Maguire, Fred, McTominay & Henderson, it’s a no brainer to test Levy’s bottle and put in a £100 million bid for Kane. It puts us from another top 4 and trophy season to genuine league contenders, it’s as simple as that. Plus it allows Hojilund to learn from a world class striker under a world class coach and develop into the next Kane hopefully.

I just cannot see him going to Bayern.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
What I will say about City is that maybe they know Haaland is off again next summer? We knows it's normally 3 years and gone but if he's just gonna score another 40 goals a season next year and win another treble he might decide to jack the Prem in after 2. In which case City might fancy a bit of Kane next summer
Where can Haaland go? Real Madrid? Can he play with Mbappe?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I really think they’re more to this than the media are reporting. Assuming Bayern were and are prepared to make him their highest paid player you have to assume they’ve offered €20m per season for 5 years so a €200m investment into a world recognised top 3 CFW.

Harry and his family reservation;

1. He’s a family man and might not want that level of upheaval where their children will be going to school in Germany and his wife expecting another on the way very soon.

2. His family might just not want to move right now and his brother who is his agent might be thinking Harry been underpaid hugely based on his goal and assist stats in the Prem league by spurs, possibly underpaid by 200k per week for at least 8 years and now they want a huge contract and by huge I mean £500k plus per week

3. He could join Chelsea in the summer and have no upheaval whatsoever and work with a coach that he loves.

4. He could join United in a last ditch transfer this summer or a winter transfer for say £50-55m and still be offered huge wages from both teams far in excess to what spurs, Arsenal or Bayern will offer.

Just a precursor for people who think United can’t afford him, consider the wage bill being reduced this season by the following ; Ronaldo(550k), D De Gea(375k), Jones (90k),, A Tuanzebe (50k), Sabitzer (90k)Weghorst(75k), Fred (90k), E Bailey (90k), Maguire (200k), DVB(120k), the Club could make a saving of £1.7/1.8m per week in wages paid.

We’ve bought Onana(150k), Mount(200k) and Hojlund(80k), increased Rashford wage by £100k per week and increased Dalot by £50k, plus increased Martinez wage by £50k, Garnaucho by £50k

We might need to sign Amrabat and a CB, so allocate another £270k per week that’s a total of £950k per week, leaving £750k per week free to sign a Marquee player.

United could easily offer Kane £500-600k per week, we’ve paid Alexis Sanchez similar for a complete shite show of a player.
Don't think Chelsea is an option considering that they are (fan) rival clubs. Spurs fans hate Chelsea and arsenal

Unam333

If we can get in £100+ million from Maguire, Fred, McTominay & Henderson, it’s a no brainer to test Levy’s bottle and put in a £100 million bid for Kane. It puts us from another top 4 and trophy season to genuine league contenders, it’s as simple as that. Plus it allows Hojilund to learn from a world class striker under a world class coach and develop into the next Kane hopefully.

I just cannot see him going to Bayern.
There's no time left. We still haven't sold McTominay, Henderson and Maguire.

This Bayern deal is done.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Damn he is actually moving to Bayern. Hopefully things go south like Sadio Mane and he returns to PL next year.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Needs to make a decision so I can finalise my FPL week 1. He's currently in my team but not sure what to do with him.
Definitely sell him. Like, it's not even a decision at this point.