Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Highfather_24

The difference between both fees excluding bonuses is £24m.
Without adds, Hojlund's fee is 22M less than Kane's(86-64).

So yes, Kane cost around 20M more than Hojlund. Not counting wages, because I dont think United would have any problems giving a big final contract to a world class player(Casemiro, Varane).

Kane is a proven 25-30 goals a season player. We dont know if Hojlund will ever be that, but what I like about him is his fits Ten Hag's profile better(great at pressing), and I'm sick of us buying older players while other clubs sort out their future. I'm just not sure if we are picking the right players.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Rumours saying he wants to play in the German Supercup (community shield) tomorrow night, pretty mad. I can't see this being a good idea, but on the other hand if it should work well, it would be a brilliant player reveal :lol:

Leg-End

Knowing Kane’s luck this will be the one season Bayern end up losing out on the title.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Rumours saying he wants to play in the German Supercup (community shield) tomorrow night, pretty mad. I can't see this being a good idea, but on the other hand if it should work well, it would be a brilliant player reveal :lol:
He's been fit and scoring in the preseason for Spurs. At worst, you bring him on with 30 minutes to go and watch him get one.

Pronewbie

Peep

Telsim

Hojlands fee including all bonuses is £14m less than Kane's fee excluding bonuses, you mean. The difference between both fees including bonuses is £32m, excluding bonuses is £24m.
We were never getting Kane for the same fee as Bayern. Ever. And there's also the astronomical difference in wages.

My point is, let's not fall into the trap of comparing Hojlund's money to Kane's. They are not at all comparable, and we were not getting Kane for "just a little bit extra". And we could also shift Hojlund down the line to recoup some of the money.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Imagine if he ends up like Mane.

I doubt it though, incredible deal for all parties except Spurs.
The risk is always there if you’re buying players from some farmers league who aren’t proven in the Bundesliga. But I’m hoping for the best.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
So bayern pays a €240m package in total for Kane (120m + 30m/y)? He better delivers and not follow in Coutinho's, Hazard's and Mane's footsteps.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
So bayern pays a €240m package in total for Kane (120m + 30m/y)? He better delivers and not follow in Coutinho's, Hazard's and Mane's footsteps.
Well, Coutinho turned out quite well for us. So I’m optimistic. :angel:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
100+ million for a player with 1 year of contract left. Bayern joins the list of clubs contributing to inflated values of players eh?
I think we already joined the club when we bought an injured Hernandez for 80 million.

Tarrou

is this a done dealio then?

honestly wouldn't be surprised if he rejects Bayern and leaves on a free next year instead

KeanoMagicHat

These records literally do not get broken all the time though
The PL goal record is a contrived one, there’s no ‘Bundesliga goals since 1993’ record - Lewandowski had to beat Gerd Muller. Messi and Ronaldo had to beat Telmo Zarra etc. He’s never catching Jimmy Greaves.

Also Haaland is arguably one of the first all-time great strikers arriving early in his career in the PL and unlikely to leave in a rush. Haaland could beat whatever Shearer or Kane have put up within 6 or 7 years.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Can we throw in some tax-free alcohol from the airport into the deal so he can get on the plane?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Some disrespect for Bayern here from Owen. They have a good chance as any of winning the UCL.

And Owen the player would have left Spurs a long time ago.

I understand how the media try to make something out of this record, but I think it’s losing its relevance these days. This generation’s top strikers are scoring at rates that compare with anyone from history. There’s no need for a post-92 qualifier any more, as much as Sky try to push it. Statistically it’s a messy cut-off as, for example, Shearer’s first few seasons of top-flight football don’t count. Meanwhile, the waters are muddied as Kane’s club achievements are rightly compared with Greaves, yet he’s airbrushed out of the comparison for the league record. It’s got too many caveats to be meaningful for me.