Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

phelans shorts

If it was a choice between Kane and a 21 year old Kane I'll choose the 21 year old Kane but it's not. Sesko and Osimhen might never be world class.
United biggest priority should be winning, it's good to develop young players but not at the expense of winning. I don't think our club can have too many youngster at the same time playing regularly, its always going to be a mix. Our attack is quite young. I doubt we'll need a winger in a while so we can afford Kane and his replacement in a few years time.
Given tonight’s announcement a move for Dusan Vlahovic should be a given.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
No that I disagree but that's not my point. If you have only 100m , you don't spend everything on 29 year old with one remaining year. That's bad business.
It's even worse business if we don't win the PL next year and who knows how much we will have to spend, we'll be selling one or two as well that will generate some money

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
There’ll be a lot of posturing from both sides and Levy will reluctantly sell for around 60m if I had to guess. He’s not an idiot.

Hulme91

He'd shut a few up on here very quickly and for that reason alone he'd be worth it

It's inevitable anyway, he's clearly the best option out there and would (ironically) probably be the cheapest as well

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Watch Spurs refuse to sell him to a Premier League side. Get him for free the following year.
I don't see the issue from a Spurs side doing that though. Why strengthen a rival for a knockdown price and lose your best player?

You're better off letting him leave on a free, get one last season out of him and try and replace him after. The fees sides will be willing to pay just won't do them any good.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I don't see the issue from a Spurs side doing that though. Why strengthen a rival for a knockdown price and lose your best player?

You're better off letting him leave on a free, get one last season out of him and try and replace him after. The fees sides will be willing to pay just won't do them any good.
Absolutely. Spurs will not sell him unless it is a ridiculous price or Kane hands in a transfer request.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely. Spurs will not sell him unless it is a ridiculous price or Kane hands in a transfer request.
Not even a ridiculous price to be honest, when you think of the player he is and his record, a fair value for him is about £80-90m.

I don't find Spurs' position unreasonable, we've got to decide if we think that is good value - I'd argue not, but I'll leave that for Ten Hag and Murtogh to decide.

neilv93

Given tonight’s announcement a move for Dusan Vlahovic should be a given.
Can't argue with that. Feel like Chelsea will be all over that in the summer though. They need a striker like us (Nkunku is not a striker) but no way Kane goes there.

Swedish_Plumber

There aren’t many sure thing top class strikers out there. No guarantee that Osimhen or Ramos perform in the PL.

Kane will be 80-100+ mil to us though, even if he’s not got long left on his contract. So we best have the money come summer.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
I can’t see why any Utd fan wouldn’t want this. He is clearly the best available option and would be joining a better team that would create more for him. Even if he’s only still on it for a few years the guy is a goal scoring machine. I never thought Shearers record would be broken but he will go past it by some distance if he joins Utd.

neilv93

For what it's worth, because soooooo many people keep missing this part, is that we could still sign Sesko this summer despite him joining Leipzig. They COULD sell him to us immediately for a profit.

Not saying it'll happen but it's happened before.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
For what it's worth, because soooooo many people keep missing this part, is that we could still sign Sesko this summer despite him joining Leipzig. They COULD sell him to us immediately for a profit.

Not saying it'll happen but it's happened before.
Would you take both? Sesko obviously a long term option learning his trade from Kane for a couple years.

neilv93

Would you take both? Sesko obviously a long term option learning his trade from Kane for a couple years.
Of course (as a local Gashead, this is a rare opportunity to agree with a Sheeeeed ;) ) but realistically we don't have the money right now. Obviously we're hoping for and expecting a sale and with that might come the coffers to go big but I think our summer deals, right now, look like a top number 9 and maybe 1-2 good squad players to supplement.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
Of course (as a local Gashead, this is a rare opportunity to agree with a Sheeeeed ;) ) but realistically we don't have the money right now. Obviously we're hoping for and expecting a sale and with that might come the coffers to go big but I think our summer deals, right now, look like a top number 9 and maybe 1-2 good squad players to supplement.
I’ve never met such a sensible Gashead! In all seriousness though I think you are right. Unless the takeover happens quickly and a big cash injection happens. I want you lot up in the championship next year. It’s only good for Bristol to have the derby back on.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think he comes as an additional striker. I wouldn’t be happy with him coming in alone. Nobody can even tell us if he’s having a good season at Salzburg.
:lol:. Exactly. The stats are underwhelming but if he's still being linked with us wide big names like Kane then maybe there's a great player in him

neilv93

I’ve never met such a sensible Gashead! In all seriousness though I think you are right. Unless the takeover happens quickly and a big cash injection happens. I want you lot up in the championship next year. It’s only good for Bristol to have the derby back on.
A city our size should have much better football clubs. If Utd are after a striker, Aaron Collins would fit right in...

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
A city our size should have much better football clubs. If Utd are after a striker, Aaron Collins would fit right in...
It’s embarrassing that the seventh biggest city in the UK has never had a club in the premier league to be honest. Even Yeovil were in the championship a few years ago! If you lot pack it in maybe we could all get behind one club!

neilv93

It’s embarrassing that the seventh biggest city in the UK has never had a club in the premier league to be honest. Even Yeovil were in the championship a few years ago! If you lot pack it in maybe we could all get behind one club!
At least we can both agree on Manchester United haha

Bwuk

I think it’ll be Kane, assuming we get CL and Spurs don’t.

Rolaholic

I think he comes as an additional striker. I wouldn’t be happy with him coming in alone. Nobody can even tell us if he’s having a good season at Salzburg.
People likened him to Haaland but the latter was absolutely tearing up the Austrian league in the 1 year and a half he spent there at a younger age.

His attributes are attractive but he hasn't necessarily set that level alight yet so I think he'd be better served developing further and proving himself in Germany for a bit before really looking at him to take a step up in the Premier League.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
At least we can both agree on Manchester United haha
True. My best mate is a gashead so I know you aren’t all bad. Just something about north Bristol! Haha. Back on the subject though I would love to see Kane at Utd. Fergie would have been all over him.

Pat Evra

Bring him in! Let's make this reunion for him and Eriksen.

Seriously, I really hope we can get him this time. Explaining why is just pointless, I would say. It's Harry fu*king Kane.

And no, it's not too late.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Ugh, not this shit again. Need new owners to sack Murtough and clowns Inc. before they can do any more damage

edcunited1878

Anything over 45M on the last year of his contract is way too much for as great a player as Kane. He's the final piece of the puzzle at this stage of his career. He has to walk straight into a team and expect to win.

City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool all have expensive and younger center forwards. United, Tottenham, Chelsea have to figure their situation out (including Kane/Spurs).

His options are very limited, especially if he really wants to win something of note in England. And Levy will price him out again. I hope for United's sake they pass on him if it's anything north of 45M.