Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

He has only like 3/4 good years left he shouldn't waste another year at Spurs. United should really go for him, something like 60/70 million would be fair for a striker of that level and age.
We aren’t getting him for that

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
There's something called age. No player in their 30s is worth 100m let alone 150m. Kane will be 30 years in a month and will have very little resale value, if anything. There may be non footballing reasons for such crazy valuations - brand, oil, new owners etc, but to ask 150m for a 30-year-old Kane is outright ridiculous. If he weren't English, he would've probably been valued at 80m.
What does resale value even mean? If Harry scores 25-30 goals over the next 3-4 seasons why is resale value an issue? His price is a guarantee of what he can do. For example players like Martial, Sancho, Maguire etc we’re all high ticket purchases who have so far failed to live up to that and if you were to sell you would be making a loss.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
What does resale value even mean? If Harry scores 25-30 goals over the next 3-4 seasons why is resale value an issue? His price is a guarantee of what he can do. For example players like Martial, Sancho, Maguire etc we’re all high ticket purchases who have so far failed to live up to that and if you were to sell you would be making a loss.
In the next 4 seasons ? He will be done in two years tops.

mctrials23

Kane will play at the top level for another 34 or so years I reckon. Never been a pace merchant and his passing and vision is top tier.

Varun

Staff
Kane will play at the top level for another 34 or so years I reckon. Never been a pace merchant and his passing and vision is top tier.
His actual vision, let alone ability to spot a pass will be fecked by 64

Tarrou

Surely the most obvious scenario is him staying this season and signing a pre-contract with Bayern in January? Can't see any other outcome to be honest.
my view is the most obvious outcome is he leaves because Levy isn’t passing up 80m for a player for one season with no interest in renewing

Pickle85

Well things go downhill pretty quickly for top level athletes in their 30s, no? There are exceptions but this is usually the case.
This seems like an often repeated caf myth to me. 30 isn't a magic number where players' bodies start breaking down and given the ever-quickening advanced in sports science, athletes that live right tend to be able to keep themselves running for longer. Kane never relied on pace and his injury record isn't bad, so I'd be amazed if he was done in two years.

ForeverRed1

The simple fact is he can walk out for 0 in less than a years time. If he wants to leave and doesn’t want to sign a new contract then you have a decision to make.. but keeping him for another year against his will and then losing him for nothing, when you could have 100million go towards your squad is madness. For me I would pay that for him even if he comes to us next season for nothing because he is worth that. He would elevate us. If I was levy I’d be focusing on life after Harry and 100million would help that process. He’s just delaying the inevitable at this point for the point of his pride/ego. As good as he is you haven’t won feck all with him in the squad and you won’t because there is so many glaring issues in that team. You can’t just have Harry and expect that to be enough. It isn’t. We’re at a point where we have a pretty solid team but can’t score for shit, which is why Harry is so needed. You need a complete rebuild and we need a top striker. You get a lot of money towards that and we get a player we need. It’s win win.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The simple fact is he can walk out for 0 in less than a years time. If he wants to leave and doesn’t want to sign a new contract then you have a decision to make.. but keeping him for another year against his will and then losing him for nothing, when you could have 100million go towards your squad is madness. For me I would pay that for him even if he comes to us next season for nothing because he is worth that. He would elevate us. If I was levy I’d be focusing on life after Harry and 100million would help that process. He’s just delaying the inevitable at this point for the point of his pride/ego. As good as he is you haven’t won feck all with him in the squad and you won’t because there is so many glaring issues in that team. You can’t just have Harry and expect that to be enough. It isn’t. We’re at a point where we have a pretty solid team but can’t score for shit, which is why Harry is so needed. You need a complete rebuild and we need a top striker. You get a lot of money towards that and we get a player we need. It’s win win.
It’s not in my hands and I’m not privy to how Harry feels or what’s been said sadly.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I do think Kane would prefer to stay in the PL as well, but I don't think the way you suggest is how Utd should go about things at the moment.

As has been mentioned before, Bayern moving for him now could actually play in to Utd's hands - I think perhaps the best chance Utd have of getting him will be if Bayern manage to agree a fee with Spurs; this could allow Utd to then come in with a similar offer and Kane to announce he only wants to go to Utd, not Bayern.
I'm happy or it to work that way. But it won't because we have clowns in charge

spiriticon

He is certainly not held prisoner because he keeps signing contract extensions of his own will.

Either he has absolutely no wish to move from Spurs or he's a bit thick.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I think it's obvious what is happening

They're winding up Spurs so much that selling to United (who'll act like perfect gentlemen) won't look like such a bad club to sell Kane to after all

And as a thank you, we will let Bayern Munich sign Martial for the bargain price of £50m plus bonuses
I do hope you are feeding your unicorn lots of lovely fresh hay :lol::lol:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Mount and Onana together was £100m, we've £70m left from the supposed transfer fund the Glazers have pulled out of their arses. So if we can sell McTominay, Fred, Maguire, and a few others we should be able to scrape a chunk for both Kane and Amrabat
I'd love this to be true - it would actually make this one of the best transfer windows in decades. However, Laurel and Hardy are sitting in the United board room, so...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If we can afford 60 mil for Hojlund, we can certainly find 30 mil more through sales and buy Kane. Not saying that 30-40 mil is nothing but club with our revenue can take that hit.

However, i do believe that it is club's and Erik's decision to rather go for Hojlund than for Kane.

croadyman

If we can afford 60 mil for Hojlund, we can certainly find 30 mil more through sales and buy Kane. Not saying that 30-40 mil is nothing but club with our revenue can take that hit.

However, i do believe that it is club's and Erik's decision to rather go for Hojlund than for Kane.
You are actually joking surely,Kane is clearly Erik's top target but it's off the table this summer even with money from sales

vodrake

There is absoultely zero chance that Levy would sell Kane to us for 90 mil

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You are actually joking surely,Kane is clearly Erik's top target but it's off the table this summer even with money from sales
There is absoultely zero chance that Levy would sell Kane to us for 90 mil
Bayern started with 80 mil €. Clubs don't just make up initial offers out of nothing.

Problem is in Kane, not just Levy. Kane didn't ask for transfer and didn't even say no about posibility of signing new contract. So Levy refuses offers in hope that Kane will sign new contract.
If/when Kane stops being a good guy and asks for transfer or go on strike, he will be available for 90 mil euros max.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Bayern started with 80 mil €. Clubs don't just make up initial offers out of nothing.

Problem is in Kane, not just Levy. Kane didn't ask for transfer and didn't even say no about posibility of signing new contract. So Levy refuses offers in hope that Kane will sign new contract.
If/when Kane stops being a good guy and asks for transfer or go on strike, he will be available for 90 mil euros max.
You make it out loke Levy hasnt talk s to Kane?

Suedesi

Sorry for my belatedness, with the 5 post cap you sometimes just forget the forum for a few days.

Sommer/Neuer, though we seem to be losing Sommer, and you no longer have de gea, so this one is no longer fair with Neuer, or maybe Nübel (if we even get to keep him) vs Henderson.

Upamecano was perhaps our best defender for a good part of the season, and especially over the two games vs PSG in the CL. De light needs no introduction and was a lot more consistent. I see an intensity in martinez that I like, and I see an injury record from varane which I don't like. Would still have those two, and now with Kim in the mix I'm even more sure about keeping the defense. But people tend to remember upa for his feck-ups, which is somewhat understandable when its at the biggest stage.

I can see Casemiro over Goretzka, but we didn't always play with them as a duo in midfield as Goretzka was injured a bit and never really recovered. Kimmich can play anywhere, and I really would not mind him playing as a CDM, which he did at times to allow goretzka to be more offensive, or even musiala in a few games where him and müller had more of a free role with kimmich as sole holder. Thats what I liked about nagelsmann at times, it was risky but a lot of fun to watch the interchanging of positions in midfield.

Raumdeuter Müller is never past it, as shown whenever a new coach comes in and tries to take him out of the team. Kovac learned that the hard way.

Both injury prone, but I would never take Shaw over Davies. Just look at the infamous 8-2 win over barcelona what he can do offensively, and recoveries defensively (watch the entire game if you can, not just highlights, to see the defensive recoveries).

Wings I would rather have Sané and Gnabry, though rashford is very good and is probably the closest one and plays a CF way better than gnabry does when he was forced into that position.

And of course up top I would rather have Choupo-GOATing rather than Wout. Though we both are in dire need of a real striker.

Hope any of this makes sense, am fecking tired after a 12 hour shift.
Hey, I follow Bayern as one of my closest friends is a rabid Bayern fan, and I watch them frequently as well as like the way they're run commercially and on a football level. Tradition, mentality, attractive style, treating the fans well - there's plenty to admire - aside from Uli Hoeness' arrogance.

However, currently they're not vintage. Case in point, Bayern barely won the league (more like BVB squandered it), got bounced from the cup and the CL early. The coach got fired mid-season and then the sporting director (Hasan) and the CEO (Kahn) at the end of the season. You know all this. Whether it was the fault of the coach, or the club, or the players, or a combination.... it doesn't matter, but this is not vintage Bayern.

Over to player analysis- Neuer is the GOAT, but let's see at what level he comes back after a lengthy injury. The Swiss chap is too short. Neubel is average. We got rid of De Gea and have Onanna now. Current Neuer vs Onana is an interesting debate that could go either way. Let's see how they both fit in.

Upamecano and De Ligt are decent. I've followed De Ligt in Serie A, he didn't quite set the world on fire. Upamecano is error prone. That's why Bayern spent 50m to bring Kim from Napoli - who is the real deal. Upamecano + DeLigt vs Martinez and Varane -> I'd take our boys any day. With Kim, I don't know how Tuchel intends to play, and it's certainly interesting.

Shaw vs Davies - > I'd take Shaw, and I suppose Cancelo is better than Dalot / AWB.

Casemiro vs Goretzka is not even a debate for me. Tuchel wants to sell him (possibly West Ham), though Leon has said he will stay. On the other hand, Kimmich is a shoe-in. Interesting to see how Laimer fits in.

On the wings, Coman is world class. Don't care for Sane or Gnabry. Mueller is a legendary player, but his legs are gone. Bruno gets in for me. And Musiala is a talent so he should play. As will Rashford.

Both teams badly need a striker -> hence the Harry Kane thread we're on. If he goes to Bayern, he will make them CL contenders right away. If he comes to us, then we will become PL contenders. Though I suspect Levy will play spoiler and keep him this season.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Is it really that mad? 5+ years ago then sure 100 mil can do some things but now that gets you what? Kai Havertz and a packet of crisps. I’d rather just keep him and see him walk into the sunset in all honesty.

croadyman

Kane will never have the courage required to make that heel turn (excuse the wrestling parlance) and stand up to his boss to join the dark side

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Surely Harry Kane would be our perfect striker right now.. An immediate force who will make us challenge for the title and would massively improve our security for a top 4 spot... With all that CL money coming in somewhere next season or the one after we can sign a younger striker to grow behind him, like Hojlund..

Hojlund might be one of the best young available strikers around and therefore be a good buy/investment, but surely Harry Kane is what we would need most right now..

Casemiro Bruno Mount
Antony Kane Rashford

With Garnacho, Martial, Diallo, Sancho, Eriksen, Fred, Mainoo (and preferably a young CDM behind Casemiro).. Would be awesome..

Laurencio

Maybe that is what's happened, and he joins next year for free.
If that was the case, surely he would just tell Spurs that and Levy would enter negotiations with us to secure 70-100M pounds for him? We would pay that to get him this season, I'm pretty sure.

croadyman

If that was the case, surely he would just tell Spurs that and Levy would enter negotiations with us to secure 70-100M pounds for him? We would pay that to get him this season, I'm pretty sure.
Yeah my thoughts too

croadyman

Surely Harry Kane would be our perfect striker right now.. An immediate force who will make us challenge for the title and would massively improve our security for a top 4 spot... With all that CL money coming in somewhere next season or the one after we can sign a younger striker to grow behind him, like Hojlund..

Hojlund might be one of the best young available strikers around and therefore be a good buy/investment, but surely Harry Kane is what we would need most right now..

Casemiro Bruno Mount
Antony Kane Rashford

With Garnacho, Martial, Diallo, Sancho, Eriksen, Fred, Mainoo (and preferably a young CDM behind Casemiro).. Would be awesome..
Shame those leeches who are clearly staying now won't give him the club's money to fund it

Lee565

He has only like 3/4 good years left he shouldn't waste another year at Spurs. United should really go for him, something like 60/70 million would be fair for a striker of that level and age.
I think he could last longer than that, he doesn't rely in pace and strikes me as a real pro that looks after his physical fitness and will carry on like Ibrahimovic and Lewandowski, plus I can see can dropping deeper and playing as a 10 or even a midfielder in his mid to late 30's