Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

mu4c_20le

If Kane turns down Bayern it would be one of the greatest football betrayals of all time. It certainly feels like they have some sort of verbal agreement from some tapping up a few months ago.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Whilst I am knocking the Bundesliga, and I'll agree PSG is a worse option for him, that is not my point.

It is that Kane is virtually the last player I would have said would be up for this given what he is on the cusp of achieving in the Premiership, and the fact he has all the power here, it's been said already that him leaving for free isn't a real option.
This is something that bizarrely never gets mentioned.

People constantly parrot, ‘Levy holds all the cards’ - he doesn’t.

If Kane wants to stay in the PL, which he should (unless Real come in for him), the only thing Levy can do is cut his nose to spite his face - which will then equal Kane leaving for free to literally any PL team he chooses next season, and let’s not forget that Kane is an Arsenal fan…

If Kane wants Utd, which I believe he does, it really should happen THIS window. It’s all set up.

Levy will get a great price and prevent him for going for free, very possibly to a London rival.

I’m astounded more people don’t pick up pick up on this.

Levy doesn’t hold the power - Kane does!

DSG

i'm living in denial land, but every damn time we went forward against RM I was thinking "Kane scores there", "Kane gets a chance there" :(

I can see why he was ETH's primary choice, but I hope Hojlund can show more than what we already have.
Careful. There are pro Hojlund muppets you might insult.

Cantonagotmehere

I'm sure it's a fools errand dealing with Levy and Spurs, but I'd use all of our budget on Kane at this point. Maybe it's not enough. We can't catch City but can compete for everything else if things fall our way.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Has this been posted? You are telling me that there is still hope? :wenger:

Loon

:lol:
I laughed (and got a warning for it) at the prospect of Casemiro joint us, but this one I feel we have more chance of seeing the club sold before seeing Kane in that rotten new United shirt…

croadyman

I kinda don't care anymore if we have to tap into next year's budget to get Harry. We ve been toothless up front for far too long for a club of this stature and though I applaud chasing someone like Hojlund as well, we need some guaranteed impact right away.
Totally agree but sadly doesn't look like that will be an option anyway. Barring something miraculous I can't see him not joining Bayern this summer unfortunately

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The only thing we could cling is the prospect of him really fancy fancying shearer attainable record because otherwise the odds are stacked against us.

I wouldn't dare to suggest adding him would make us city's rivals as the gap has been so massive in these past years but if there's any single player who's going to demonstratebly improve our offense it's him.

DSG

Bayern have been a godsend to Tottenham because it means they aren't forced to sell him to a club that they don't want to, they'll have no issues selling to Bayern for less money if it means not selling to a rival for more money
I get it. I guess they style themselves as a rival to us, but when you last won a trophy in 2008 —the League Cup — and haven’t won the league in 62 years, are we really a rival?

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Feels like I'm at a 99% certainty Kane ends up at Bayern by the end of the transfer window and more than likely it's before then.

I said before that it really just requires Bayern stepping up and paying the money and if recent rumours are to be believed that's what it sounds like they're prepared to do.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The Kane to Utd transfer has gone almost exactly like the Glazers sale process…

It makes sense for everyone concerned, it was all there to happen, it was the most natural, easy move but instead the exact opposite happens.

croadyman

The Kane to Utd transfer has gone almost exactly like the Glazers sale process…

It makes sense for everyone concerned, it was all there to happen, it was the most natural, easy move but instead the exact opposite happens.
Yeah Bayern will finally get the breakthrough with Levy today unfortunately,have been dreading this happening but nothing more we can do

Tarrou

Isn't that saying we could have afforded him in theory if we hadn't opted for other moves?
I'm sure we could

but we can't depend on Levy selling at a reasonable price so it makes no sense to focus on him

we're playing it cool, basically

i think it's the right approach

croadyman

I'm sure we could

but we can't depend on Levy selling at a reasonable price so it makes no sense to focus on him

we're playing it cool, basically

i think it's the right approach
Are we playing it too cool though considering how much Bayern are rolling out the red carpet for him

Tarrou

Are we playing it too cool though considering how much Bayern are rolling out the red carpet for him
Personally I don't think it's possible for us to sign him this early in the window for anything approaching reasonable. If we went in for him now I could see Levy demanding close to £150 million.

We just don't have much chance unless we massively overpay, which we obviously can't afford. The only slim chance we have involves waiting until late in the window with Spurs then facing the prospect of losing him for nowt. I'm not getting my hopes up and I reckon he'll go to Bayern.

croadyman

Personally I don't think it's possible for us to sign him this early in the window for anything approaching reasonable. If we went in for him now I could see Levy demanding close to £150 million.

We just don't have much chance unless we massively overpay, which we obviously can't afford. The only slim chance we have involves waiting until late in the window with Spurs then facing the prospect of losing him for nowt. I'm not getting my hopes up and I reckon he'll go to Bayern.
Yeah I have already accepted that,think it would be a bit less than the £150m City asking price but still around the £120m mark. Much as they want big money I'm still gutted we never tested the resolve with an offer and now he's off to Germany.

Last edited:

Mercurial

This is something that bizarrely never gets mentioned.

People constantly parrot, ‘Levy holds all the cards’ - he doesn’t.

If Kane wants to stay in the PL, which he should (unless Real come in for him), the only thing Levy can do is cut his nose to spite his face - which will then equal Kane leaving for free to literally any PL team he chooses next season, and let’s not forget that Kane is an Arsenal fan…

If Kane wants Utd, which I believe he does, it really should happen THIS window. It’s all set up.

Levy will get a great price and prevent him for going for free, very possibly to a London rival.

I’m astounded more people don’t pick up pick up on this.

Levy doesn’t hold the power - Kane does!
His agent brother and him come across as softies with 0 dark arts. Also we are not Tottenham rivals as many outlets say. Maybe top 6 rivals in this sad age but no direct rivals?
I'm sure Tottenham will accept a juicy fee vs no fee if options abroad are cut off. Agent Bro and Kane need to take a stance, if already not done so and step it up (won't happen publicly given their record). Kane and his going/staying is frustrating. He wants to go but also won't push for it properly and clearly. His domestic goal chase makes this transfer somewhat more likely seen as not many EPL teams can afford at the moment.

bringbackbebe

Think it was pretty clear that Spurs won't sell Kane to an premier league club targeting top 4 & risk improving that club at the expense of their own top 4. Why do people still have hopes of us signing him?

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Whilst I am knocking the Bundesliga, and I'll agree PSG is a worse option for him, that is not my point.

It is that Kane is virtually the last player I would have said would be up for this given what he is on the cusp of achieving in the Premiership, and the fact he has all the power here, it's been said already that him leaving for free isn't a real option.
being all time scorer is nice but will be superseeded at one point, titles remain and afaik he hasn't won any yet?!

i never imagined i would see Schweinsteiger ever leave Bayern, or T.Müller, or G.Müller, for that matter :D Shit happens...

Doracle

Think it was pretty clear that Spurs won't sell Kane to an premier league club targeting top 4 & risk improving that club at the expense of their own top 4. Why do people still have hopes of us signing him?
All that means nothing though if he refused to move outside England. Spurs would then have had no choice but to sell to us or lose him for free next year. We had a very real shot at signing him this summer on this basis.

What’s made most of us lose hope is that it seems Kane is prepared to play ball with Spurs and move abroad this summer, rather than kick up a fuss to get a move to United or sit tight and leave on a free. Very frustrating as my suspicion is that we probably haven’t been persuasive enough and/or haven’t even reached out to his team to try and get him onside.

RuudTom83

The media have been desperate to make a United/Kane saga all summer...but there is nothing to write about.

Pack your bags and move to Bayern Harry.

Red Royal

If Kane were to leave for BM this window would Spurs need to replace him (I think so with only Son and Richarlison up top - or am I missing some one).
Just hope Levy doesn't try to screw our Rasmus negotiations with a big offer.

Tarrou

Nothing is clear. We really have no idea what is going to happen, as per usual.

But it depends on Kane saying United or nothing, which is probably unlikely. If that happens, it isn't clear that Levy will turn down ~80m rather than lose him for free.

The truth is, Spurs have next to no chance of getting top 4 without Kane. Even with him, chances are grim. I doubt that's much of a factor. They need to rebuild and 80 million quid would come in quite handy.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Why would he go to Bayern though. To win trophies? he has been content with not winning anything so why would Bundesliga title tempt him? so to me he's either stays in PL (either with spurs or another club) or he goes to Real Madrid.
Claudio Pizaro won bundesliga and nobody remembers him because he won bundesliga.

Siorac

Why would he go to Bayern though. To win trophies? he has been content with not winning anything so why would Bundesliga title tempt him? so to me he's either stays in PL (either with spurs or another club) or he goes to Real Madrid.
For a 30-year-old striker who's never won anything, Bayern is clearly an excellent move:

- Certainty of trophies. You can make digs about their value but Kane has literally won nothing in his career.
- Guaranteed Champions League football every season. No club outside City can offer that in the Premier League, and City don't want him now. They're also more likely to win the thing than any English club bar City.
- Less physically demanding league. It's only 34 games, and half of those are a stroll in the park for Bayern anyway. Only one domestic cup, too. Best way to extend his career.

If he's not dead set on staying in England then Bayern are a great move for him.

Tarrou

Claudio Pizaro won bundesliga and nobody remembers him because he won bundesliga.
I remember him! But only because he was class on champ manager, in fairness

theklr

Isn't that saying we could have afforded him in theory if we hadn't opted for other moves?
I think we coulda afforded him anyway, we have a pretty good credit line available.

Its more for FFP purposes that we need to sell to get the wages of these players off the books, so we could sell them relativly cheap to be sure they'll leave.

Devilyouknow

Imagine Kane turning down Bayern later in the window and United swooping in with a lower offer that Spurs have to accept rather than losing him for nothing next year :drool:

scottser

because their dodgy owner has instructed levy to sell kane if he won't sign a new contract.
i genuinely thought kane would finish out his contract and leave on a free next season but spurs obviously need to maximise his value now. if we raise a few quid from outgoing sales we should definitely put in an offer, if even just to to stir the pot a little. though it wouldn't suprise me if psg threw in for him also, given their mbappe debacle. it would be bizarre if bayern got kane without any competition from another club.

gajender

Actual article mentions we have enough funds right now for new forward not named Kane and are confident of few sales which would raise enough funds allowing us to bring in Kane if we want to but have decided not get Embroiled with Levy despite reports of Kane bring made available if he refuses to sign new contract .

So funds aren't the issue it's Our reluctance to engage with Levy in another protracted transfer saga .

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Has this been posted? You are telling me that there is still hope? :wenger:

So Hojlund now and then through sales Kane? Or only Kane after sales? So we should quit signing Hojlund and wait on Kane? Isn't Ducker too good journo to write this shit?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So Hojlund now and then through sales Kane? Or only Kane after sales? So we should quit signing Hojlund and wait on Kane? Isn't Ducker too good journo to write this shit?
I don't know why you are so confused.
Hojlund now, we monitor Kane from afar. If he's still available and if we have sold some players by then, we would consider a move.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't know why you are so confused.
Hojlund now, we monitor Kane from afar. If he's still available and if we have sold some players by then, we would consider a move.
No way that we can afford that. Not just because of FFP. Glazers would never sanction 200 mil in one window for two strikers.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No way that we can afford that. Not just because of FFP. Glazers would never sanction 200 mil in one window for two strikers.
They would if one is funded by sales and happens to be a generational striker capable of adding huge value to the club.

Also if kane is still available toward the end of the window, I'm sure wel make a move. We have enough in sales by then.