Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Hoof the ball

Also Lewandowski's record is 16 in 11, so it's another one up but only just.
Although, I don't think it's fair to omit Kane's creative influence as it doesn't paint the entire picture. Just in league performances :-

Lewandowski had 16 goals in 11 games, with 0 assists for 16 direct goal contributions.
Kane has 17 goals in 11 games, with 5 assists for 22 direct goal contributions.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Although, I don't think it's fair to omit Kane's creative influence as it doesn't paint the entire picture. Just in league performances :-

Lewandowski had 16 goals in 11 games, with 0 assists for 16 direct goal contributions.
Fair point. Kane is currently doing everything Lewy did, and then adds a whole bunch the latter didn't. If he can keep it up he will outshine Lewandowski's legacy quickly.

Red Rash

I predicted at the start of the season, injuries permitting, that he would get 40 goals in all competitions this season. I think I may have been too conservative.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I predicted at the start of the season, injuries permitting, that he would get 40 goals in all competitions this season. I think I may have been too conservative.
40 in the league seem conservative by now :lol:

GameOn

We know how good he is, we've seen him for England for years. He regularly scores hat-tricks against the likes of Costa Rica.
I think we should really stop using the "he doesn't score consistently against elite teams" narrative.

The same is true for basically every elite goalscorer.

Even CR7 was known for boosting his stats against lesser opponents, while many of the critical goals in the big games were scored by the supporting cast (Ramos, Bale, Benzema).

Same for Lewandowski.

Elite teams take away the superstar upfront and dare the other players to beat them.

The only outlier was prime Messi because he was just otherworldly and too good to be controlled.

crossy1686

career ending
I think we should really stop using the "he doesn't score consistently against elite teams" narrative.

The same is true for basically every elite goalscorer.

Even CR7 was known for boosting his stats against lesser opponents, while many of the critical goals in the big games were scored by the supporting cast (Ramos, Bale, Benzema).

Same for Lewandowski.

Elite teams take away the superstar upfront and dare the other players to beat them.

The only outlier was prime Messi because he was just otherworldly and too good to be controlled.
No one said that, I said playing against teams that are clearly a much lower level is always going to mean he scores a bagful of goals because he's a very good forward.

Winrar

Kane was the missing piece last season for Bayern and then some. He’s done better than I’d have imagine him to.

Matter of time before he wins a trophy there.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
He could potentially win the Ballon D'Or. For me he is currently the best striker in the world. If Bayern win the Cl, England win the Euros and Harry Kane plays a big part in both, he will win it.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Sadly they have now played most of the dross teams at home so his stat padding ways will become a problem.

I have never seen a Bayern player so determined to score against dross such as Darmstadt and Heidenheim.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
21 goals already. I wonder where we’d be if he came here instead. Would we be faring much better, or would we be struggling to give him service?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Sadly they have now played most of the dross teams at home so his stat padding ways will become a problem.

I have never seen a Bayern player so determined to score against dross such as Darmstadt and Heidenheim.
Determined? In all the Bayern games I've watched he barely looks like he's breaking a sweat. The league looks terribly easy for him.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München

And Dortmund but nevermind them.

I like this forum for the general football conversation, but even more when people get salty that we got Kane.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

I like this forum for the general football conversation, but even more when people get salty that we got Kane.
The real trophy was the Harry Kane we got along the way

GazTheLegend

I'm sure a lot of people are just enjoying seeing possibly the greatest English number 9 of all time finally go on to prove how good he really is for a top club in a good league.

el3mel

21 goals already. I wonder where we’d be if he came here instead. Would we be faring much better, or would we be struggling to give him service?
I will save you the effort of thinking. He would have turned into Alexis Sanchez MkII here.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Not sure why anyone would be salty.

Could turn out to be our best transfer of the window if Bayern get to a position to deny City a 2nd consecutive CL title.

We were never winning anything big with or without Kane.

tomaldinho1

Yeah the amazing thing when you look at it is Lewa in his best scoring season got 7 assists, Kane will likely beat that comfortably before Christmas (probably even with a couple of games). He’s on track for other wordly numbers.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Bayerns goal difference after 11 games is 33.
Incredible…….
They had a couple of freak results, though. Bochum and Darmstadt completely imploded against them and those two games alonse contributed +15 goal difference. Bayern can bulldoze teams when they get into their flow but sometimes their reputation precedes them and opponents just shit their pants.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He's doing really well but the standard in the german league is shocking. I saw Kane's goals yesterday, keeper should've easily saved the header

ArmaDino

We would definitely been better as a team. He isn't just a pure goalscorer as Haaland, but he could have also taken some of the creative burden off Bruno.

If he came here I think we would have had an extra 4-6 points in the league and people would actually be looking at a title challenge.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Always think goals in Germany count for half
... So he's on like 11 goals.

Which is still really impressive.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
What a player. I do love the look of Højlund but Kane would have been an absolute delight to have seen in a United shirt.

Marcelinho87

He'd spend the majority of games dropping deep trying to get a hold of the ball due to lack of service - something which Bayern have seemingly cut from his game and told him to remain the focal point.

Bestietom

Absolutely brilliant. He deserves all he gets as he works his socks off every game he plays. Wish he had come to Man. Utd.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
He'd spend the majority of games dropping deep trying to get a hold of the ball due to lack of service - something which Bayern have seemingly cut from his game and told him to remain the focal point.
Not at all, he's still doing it. Just better.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not at all, he's still doing it. Just better.
He did it a lot when he arrived, much less after the first matches and now again a bit more - looks like they are still trying to get the right balance in that regard.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Think he is as good as peak Lewandowski. He is going to win Ballon D'or if Bayern win CL.

Valencia Shin Crosses

We'd be struggling and playing mostly crap football still. I mean Hojlund (barring yesterday) has basically had 0 service in the league and the stats back it up. Kane would help more creatively since he could drop deeper I guess but our issues lie in that the wingers and midfield have been mostly atrocious and we've had a million injuries at the back.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Think he is as good as peak Lewandowski. He is going to win Ballon D'or if Bayern win CL.
Bayern won't win the CL. And the Ballon D'Or will take into account the Euros, which Kane will probably fail in again, when it counts.

Son

Bayerns goal difference after 11 games is 33.
Incredible…….
It says more about their league than them as a team. Bayern are world class but the level of top sides apart from City isn’t exactly high right now.

Kane is doing great but we are in a bit of a lull for quality teams if you ask me. Part of the reason is giants like Juventus, Barcelona and us been rubbish. Liverpool also have slowed down.

Any of those sides back in the day would have given Bayern an equal match.

It hurts the sport badly seeing United and Barcelona for example not really doing that well in Europe especially because of ownership problems.

Barcelona and United are arguably being more glamour than Bayern do but it’s all self inflicted sadly.