g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It seems Harry has found his tongue and decided to turn up to training tomorrow :lol: :lol:

Messi definitely didn't have anything to do with it though...
Literally :lol: whoops it turns out I wasn’t due back, I swear.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Took him long enough to come out with the statement. People have been talking about him since Monday and he just had the balls to come out and say something? Or did he realize City just signed Jack and he ain’t getting his transfer?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

I would never, and I have never, refused to train?

I guess he was there, training with the team, all that time. Journalists blew everything out of proportion as usual...

Although Spurs fans seem to have this reaction genuinely:

BootsyCollins

I am guessing(as we all are) that someone has told him that if he want to have even a slim chance of leaving he needs to come back to training.

If Kane statement is true, it was stupid beyond belife that Nuno did not just say that in his presser.

Infra-red

Guardiola didn't sound too confident of getting the deal over the line this afternoon, so Harry is mending some bridges before the inevitable "I'm staying, I never wanted to leave anyway, COYS!" tweet in late August.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Not being funny but if it was all over the news that I had refused to train from Monday, it wouldn’t take me until Friday to clarify I had not refused.

Deery

Dreary
I would think more of him if he said nothing and just turned up instead of that tripe he put out..

mav_9me

I would think more of him if he said nothing and just turned up instead of that tripe he put out..
I guess they say that nonsense cuz at least some Spurs fans will lap it up. But to the majority it looks like nonsense.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Not being funny but if it was all over the news that I had refused to train from Monday, it wouldn’t take me until Friday to clarify I had not refused.
Might have been a good idea to contact your club as well, given that they were reportedly very angry that you didn't show up and were now considering fining you.

Jericholyte2

Why such a processed post from Kane’s team? That’s clearly been worked on, assessed, put to a graphic and then posted. I’d see this as a ‘plastic’ post. Just tweet the text and at least make it look like it’s you who’s posted it.

Deery

Dreary
I guess they say that nonsense cuz at least some Spurs fans will lap it up. But to the majority it looks like nonsense.
What happens now if he goes to City next season the real die hards will be reflecting back on this and calling him out.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Why such a processed post from Kane’s team? That’s clearly been worked on, assessed, put to a graphic and then posted. I’d see this as a ‘plastic’ post. Just tweet the text and at least make it look like it’s you who’s posted it.
You won't fit all of this text into one tweet — and he clearly wanted it all to read as one message.

Matthew84!

It was reported Kane was gonna be late back as someone else mentioned, I think sky sports as usual made gossip up from the fact Kane wasn't there and ran with it, like they always do.
I think if its true Kane should lambast sky sports for reporting lies.
If he's been told he isn't moving and saving face, well spurs get to keep their 30 goal a season hero.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
No one can possibly believe this.

Literally all it would take was someone/anyone from Spurs to give a brief statement after days of speculation, that he wasn’t supposed to be back yet.

No one, not his chairman, not his manager, not a PR rep, no one, gave even a sentence to dispel the rumor and conjecture.

All this does is make him look like a liar.

Dominos

It was reported Kane was gonna be late back as someone else mentioned, I think sky sports as usual made gossip up from the fact Kane wasn't there and ran with it, like they always do.
I think if its true Kane should lambast sky sports for reporting lies.
If he's been told he isn't moving and saving face, well spurs get to keep their 30 goal a season hero.
Every journo from every publication was running the story that he didn't show up when he should have, realistically if he was never due until tomorrow anyway then that would have been made clear by Spurs camp or Kane's camp way earlier. They wouldn't let the whole world believe he'd refused to train and then wait nearly a full week before offering clarification.

Dominos

No one can possibly believe this.

Literally all it would take was someone/anyone from Spurs to give a brief statement after days of speculation, that he wasn’t supposed to be back yet.

No one, not his chairman, not his manager, not a PR rep, no one, gave even a sentence to dispel the rumor and conjecture.

All this does is make him look like a liar.
Correct.

Nuno even dodged any Kane questions in his presser. If he was never due back then they wouldn't have allowed this media circus.

Shark

@NotShark
His Twitter statement comes across as very self entitled. Just doesn’t read well at all.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
I'd still believe him over Sky Sports though. They "understand" that he'll be heavily fined too apparently.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'd still believe him over Sky Sports though. They "understand" that he'll be heavily fined too apparently.
Yeah but come on, if it was all kicking off that badly in the UK, I'm sure his oppos would have had a word in his ear straight away and that statement would/should have landed the next day. Spurs themselves did not squash it either.

It's just a serious case of backtracking now that it's clear it's not going to be as straightforward as he probably thought.

Teja

I wonder if City are saying feck Kane, lets go get Messi :lol:

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
Why did Spurs refuse to comment when asked where he was?
Who knows really, there could have been a host of reasons why he wasn't at training. I guess the truth will come out in time, but I definitely won't take Sky's word for what happened.