Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
The same guy who's one of the dirtiest strikers in modern football whose antics might seriously injure someone one day and swore on his own daughter's life over something completely meaningless?

That gormless mouth breather is a model professional?
He's clean cut and interviews well. He doesn't do any dances, or dye his hair or wear colored boots or whatever it is that gets the boomers all wound up, so he must be a model pro.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Why are people talking like he isn’t going to City? They were never selling before they play each other next week. Him coming back late also conveniently rules him out of that game. Almost like the whole thing has been planned.
Interesting to see how he gets Levy to sell..? If he's got something it'll be transfer on.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's clean cut and interviews well. He doesn't do any dances, or dye his hair or wear colored boots or whatever it is that gets the boomers all wound up, so he must be a model pro.
Interviews well?! Yeah OK sure...

Hulksmash

Martinez To spurs confirmed by the times.

Kane > City in the next coming days

Varun

Staff
They spent over 100million last summer to be fair. I'd actually have expected them to spend more if Kane was leaving in all honesty.
Yeah, that's fair as well but Lautaro in particular seems weird if they aren't selling Kane. Would be quite a Frontline though

izec

Yeah, that's fair as well but Lautaro in particular seems weird if they aren't selling Kane. Would be quite a Frontline though
Werent they planning for 2 strikers? I think they wanted someone next to Kane in the starting lineup

Semir_Tuce777

Supports
Velež Mostar
Is it possible to sell few players and try to get him? Man, what a team we could have.

Walters_19_MuFc

With Spurs tableling a bid for Martinez, you can only imagine they are getting ready for life without Kane.

That being said, where does that put Inter, with the potential of losing both of their strikers?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Spus vs City next weekend.

Ideal game for Kane. He can refuse to play a half for each team

dinostar77

BBC report Spurs trying to secure Martinez from inter for £60mil. Kane is DEFINITELY off to city if that happens.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
BBC report Spurs trying to secure Martinez from inter for £60mil. Kane is DEFINITELY off to city if that happens.
Yep. Levy is fooling no-one that this deal isn't happening.
Weren't they also trying to bang 60m on a defender too?

If he thinks he can keep i quiet until they get these deals done he must be seriously dense.

dinostar77

Yep. Levy is fooling no-one that this deal isn't happening.
Weren't they also trying to bang 60m on a defender too?

If he thinks he can keep i quiet until they get these deals done he must be seriously dense.
The defender Romero has joined already. If Martinez deal happens that takes spurs spending to £120mil. Not a coincidence....

Acole9

Outstanding
Having a speech impediment doesn't make you any less likely to do interviews well. Unless you think being unable to pronounce certain sounds should be looked down upon?
I didn't mention a speech impediment did I?

Acole9

Outstanding
Apologies for reading you post as that, may I ask what you were referring to by not interviewing well as my initial reaction is something very close to home.
I just don't think he comes across particularly well, like a lot of footballers really. Nothing to do with speech impediment. I wouldn't be so harsh to mock someone for that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I just don't think he comes across particularly well, like a lot of footballers really. Nothing to do with speech impediment. I wouldn't be so harsh to mock someone for that.
He doesn't come across as the smartest cookie around. That's nothing to do with any minor speech issue.

There's that famous clip of him "Motivating" his team at half time, that basically involves a bunch of swears and classic pointless cliches.

Although in fairness that is probably a lot of footballing spiel!

TrustInOle

Fair enough, my youngest son suffers the same and I tend to use Kane as an example of not allowing your condition to overcome you as my youngest is very withdrawn when around non family or even at school regarding his speech. Seeing the implications some have to go through I have huge respect for Kane and the amount of time he spend Infront of the camera confidently. Again, apologies for jumping on your post.

Acole9

Outstanding
Fair enough, my youngest son suffers the same and I tend to use Kane as an example of not allowing your condition to overcome you as my youngest is very withdrawn when around non family or even at school regarding his speech. Seeing the implications some have to go through I have huge respect for Kane and the amount of time he spend Infront of the camera confidently. Again, apologies for jumping on your post.
No need to apologise, I should've been a bit clearer from the start.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s because he’s got about as much personality as a plain ham sandwich.

littleman

He doesn't come across as the smartest cookie around. That's nothing to do with any minor speech issue.

There's that famous clip of him "Motivating" his team at half time, that basically involves a bunch of swears and classic pointless cliches.

Although in fairness that is probably a lot of footballing spiel!
Sounds like Pogba and his so-called dressing room speech leadership at the WC?

Ladron de redcafe

Sounds like Pogba and his so-called dressing room speech leadership at the WC?
Night and day. Pogba seemed inspirational enough to get his teammates playing at a top level and eventually catalyzed the world cup win.

Harry Kane is there making eyes roll as he struggles to put together a coherent sentence to amp up his teammates.

Oh no mate, I didn't mean to say that you were saying that. I'm just questioning how can he be perceived as such given his behaviour. But being captain of the national team does wonders for your reputation.
Repeat a lie enough times and around 80% of people will believe it to be true, even after they are shown facts to show something is a lie.

The same applies to general statements eg for several years we’ve, on a weekly basis, heard commentators, pundits and journalist praise Kane not just as a footballer but also his character and personality etc even thou they never really substantiate the latter with evidence. The same applied funnily enough to Rooney, and he had even more things to contradict the “good man, highly professional” image that pundits etc feel they must build up with some players.

So when people see things that contradict the stuff that they are led to believe about Kane it just doesn’t register or they search for explanations that support their existing beliefs.

Eg backing into players becomes clever, whereas if it was a player like prime Roy Keane it be called dangerous and criminal.

Trying to nick a goal off of a teammate becomes = highly motivated and driven, but if it was Ronaldo (during his time at Utd) it be selfish and arrogant, complaining about a joke made by the FA about it become he’s sensitive and shouldn’t be made fun of… but for others “they are multi millionaires they need to be down to earth and know how to take a joke”

littleman

Night and day. Pogba seemed inspirational enough to get his teammates playing at a top level and eventually catalyzed the world cup win.

Harry Kane is there making eyes roll as he struggles to put together a coherent sentence to amp up his teammates.
So Pogba won the French WC with the speech? That's what you're saying?

Sit down cringe boy

dinostar77

Romero cost us nothing to date. It's a loan with option to buy.
BBC and Sky both said Spurs bought him for £47mil. Though Atalanta day its a loan with option to buy which. So who know. Regardless Kane is off if Martinez or another top striker comes in.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
BBC and Sky both said Spurs bought him for £47mil. Though Atalanta day its a loan with option to buy which. So who know. Regardless Kane is off if Martinez or another top striker comes in.
Who would know better? Atalanta or a BBC or sky journalist?