Harry Kane MBE | Performances

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
A strikers main job is to score goals and Kane does it better than most. After he scored loads in his first break through season people said he has to do it in the next season to prove he is the real deal.

He then scored a bucket load that season, and people still said he needs to do this consistently to be regarded as a great player. He keeps delivering the goals, what more do people want from him? World Class in my eyes. Name 5 strikers barring Messi and Ronaldo who have scored more league goals than him since his break through season.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If Harry Kane isn't world class then neither is Suarez or Lewandowski as he's in that bracket of player now.

The guy is top class.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Would love him in a City shirt to be honest. The amount of chances we create I think he'd be as prolific as Aguero if not more so. Which is some praise given Aguero averages a goal every 105 mins in his PL career.

Mike09

Personally for me world class players should be able to grab the scruff of the game by the neck and make goals out of nothing. Far too often i've seen if Tottenham play well he plays well, when they dont he rarely gets in games. Its one of my main complaints with Lukaku when we signed him. If Kane (and Lukaku) can start making things out of nothing i'd change my tune.

But as it stands players like Suarez, Lewandowski and Aguero are on another level.
+ 1 too

Spurs being poor previous seasons in CL wasn't Kane fault alone but if he's a world class he should be able to grab the scruff of the game. But I have no doubt it will just be matter of time.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Would break the bank for him. Even though we can improve in other areas, I think his output would be something else. We should test spurs.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Kane could win the golden boot 5 seasons running, score more goals over that period than any other player in the world ... and there'd still be some posters denying that he's world class.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Would break the bank for him. Even though we can improve in other areas, I think his output would be something else. We should test spurs.
We have Lukaku, and if we signed Kane as well then it would probably jeopardise Rashfords progress. Rashford has the ability to be as good as if not better than Kane. Kane was on loan in the Championship at Rashfords age.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Kane could win the golden boot 5 seasons running, score more goals over that period than any other player in the world ... and there'd still be some posters denying that he's world class.
He is a phenomenal striker. To put up the numbers he has been doing for so long there really can't be any excuse about his class.

Mike09

If Harry Kane isn't world class then neither is Suarez or Lewandowski as he's in that bracket of player now.

The guy is top class.
Top & world are different. The difference you can see from Suarez is a winner and even when his team played poor or he played poor he still capable to win you a match. Kane? In the past two seasons I didn't see the same enough from him. Spurs imo had the best XI in these past two seasons and they still couldn't win the league even after sacrificed the European comp.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

The guy is top class.
Kane needs to use this CL campaign to make a bigger name for himself but all he's done is in the PL. He also needs to shine better for England in order to be in the same bracket of the 2 you mentioned.

Red Stone

He does that thing where he looks average at everything, yet still guarantees 20+ league goals a season. Even when he twats it in from impossible angles it just seems like a fluke because there's just no way that a guy named Harry Kane who looks so awkward and ungainly could possibly be good at football, let alone one of the best strikers in the world.

I think that's why people don't think he's world class as well. He'll never quite shake that label of being a shit player on the most unbelievable hot streak ever.

Mike09

Why do they need to prove anything? They've been domestic monsters for about 2-3 seasons now. And what is 'proving themselves', anyway? For comparisons sake, would you consider Higuain (68 CL games, 18 goals); Aubameyang (27 games, 11 goals) world class? The term is so arbitrary, and at times whiffs of continental snobbery.
Last season I thought the same thing. You don't need to prove.

But now it makes me think that world class isn't just a name that you can give to anyone. Players might have world class technical attributes but if the mentality isn't world class then it's all for nothing. Look if Kane can perform like today in almost all spurs game today, no doubt spurs will break that Wembley curse and they will do better in CL as well. That will show that he's a winner means world class.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
He does that thing where he looks average at everything, yet still guarantees 20+ league goals a season. Even when he twats it in from impossible angles it just seems like a fluke because there's just no way that a guy named Harry Kane who looks so awkward and ungainly could possibly be good at football, let alone one of the best strikers in the world.

I think that's why people don't think he's world class as well. He'll never quite shake that label of being a shit player on the most unbelievable hot streak ever.
But he doesn't "look average at everything". There are several areas of his game that look (and are) outstanding, so IMO it's more that because he's English - and doesn't play for RM, Barca or Bayern Munich - he can't (according to some) be all that good.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Time flies. The hattrick he scored against Chelsea in the 5-3 win is now 2,5 years ago. :wenger:

yfoFC

Mahn, another 20+ premier league goals guaranteed and the only question now is if he'll break the 30 goal mark this season

Last edited:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11050346/kane-deserves-to-be-a-top-earner

He's pure class and could be the face of English football if you was at a club with profile of United.

Either way, he definitely should be making as much money as anyone else in the league. He is a £300k a week player on something like £80k. That simply won't fly in the medium term.
Kane is already pretty much the face of English football now that Rooney's gone ... which English player has a higher profile?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11050346/kane-deserves-to-be-a-top-earner

He's pure class and could be the face of English football if you was at a club with profile of United.

Either way, he definitely should be making as much money as anyone else in the league. He is a £300k a week player on something like £80k. That simply won't fly in the medium term.
Surely that's up to the adult himself not you or me or anyone else? He is a big boy, surely loyalty over money should be applauded not scorned? He's on £100kodd by the way. I hate these posts it's just opinion.

Sylar

If he stays in the league, I can see him getting close to Shearer (if not beating him).

Home&Away

What I like about Kane is he is one of the very few modern day players that would have been used as target men back in the day but has the technical ability to be more genuinely involved in deeper areas of the pitch - something that makes him more adaptable to the players around him.

Genuinely jealous of spurs for having such a striker.

RedFish

Às good a goal scorer there is. Suarez has much more to his game, so does a player like Morata. Depends on the style of the team, but as a pure no. 9 there are few better.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
A strikers main job is to score goals and Kane does it better than most. After he scored loads in his first break through season people said he has to do it in the next season to prove he is the real deal.
He is the real deal.
Anybody who says otherwise probably doesn't know much about football.

Ashley R1+O

He is an outstanding footballer, if England could come up with another player like Eriksen to play in behind with some other players then they could really excel at the world cup.

Varun

Staff

He's not on 80k. Read somewhere that's its around 150k including the bonuses which he pretty much always hits.

Needham

He's not world class. Just because you do it in the English top tier doesn't make you that. He'll have to do it in the CL, for England, and first off win something for Spurs. Then he'll be acknowledged internationally, which is surely the defining aspect of being considered "world' class.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That second goal was a thing of beauty. Anyone else and they'd have tumbled to the ground.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
World class arguments are tedious because no one has a set definition of world class.

For some it means you have to be a shoe in for a World XI which Kane is not. For others it's merely being a top level player, which of course he is.

Anytime someone says the words World Class, they should be made to explain what their definition of World Class is.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

The guy is top class.
Wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Lewa just yet, the guy is phenomenal and that includes in the Champions League. Suarez has been suffering recently, or so I've heard, so that's less controversial, but peak Suarez was still in a different bracket. I'd still say Kane is a world class striker though, he's such an accurate striker of the ball with both feet, and more than handy in his build-up play too. It shall be interesting to see how long he stays at Spurs for.