Harry Kane MBE | Performances

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I've already mentioned Scholes if you read back and how highly I rated him, yet he never gets mentioned when talking about the golden generation. We're agreeing to a point you're just missing what I'm trying to get across.
The fact he doesn't is everything that is wrong with English football.

Jeffthered

This guy is playing outstanding football. You wouldn't even consider playing a front-two with him. I really respect his journey, he was not fancied early in his career, he didn't complain, worked his socks off, and look at the result. Perfect for the Premier league, he knows his game (limitations..) very well. Not blessed with neither pace, nor trickery, but superb at what he is good at. Top, top, player right now. Playing world class football, as good as any other Number 9 on the planet right now..

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
This guy is playing outstanding football. You wouldn't even consider playing a front-two with him. I really respect his journey, he was not fancied early in his career, he didn't complain, worked his socks off, and look at the result. Perfect for the Premier league, he knows his game (limitations..) very well. Not blessed with neither pace, nor trickery, but superb at what he is good at. Top, top, player right now. Playing world class football, as good as any other Number 9 on the planet right now..
Also should be slap on the face for people who keep on writing off 19-20 year old players just because they are not Messi or Ronaldo.

fellaini's barber

I usually put down English players as I feel even the moderately decent ones get hyped up to stupid levels. Haven't really fallen for any English player hype since Rooney. But after watching this guy for 3 seasons now I can say he's world class and will make it at any big club. Amazing goalscorer, great football brain, great attitude too. Might not have the flair of Ronaldo or Aguero but is efficient as feck. I've always had a soft spot for players who shoot from anywhere and boy does this guy shoot, from ridiculous angles and mostly on target as well. Deadly in and out the box. Don't get people putting him down here, what more should he do

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
World class. I actually want to see Spurs go far in the competition, mainly to see him do it against the bigger sides. I also don't hate Tottenham as much as the rest of you lot seem to.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Dayum, an English striker scores an hattrick against the European giants Apoel and everyone goes nuts in the country. That's what's wrong with English football.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He's very clinical. What do Real fans prefer, entertainment or just outright clinical goals? He'll never be a Ronaldo (Portuguese or Brazillian version) type flair player which Real usually prefer but I agree with one of the posts above in comparing him to Raul and Morinetes.
He's nowhere near the technical abilities of Raul or Morientes. He's a clever striker in the same molds as Huntelaar, with a little less finesse.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Dayum, an English striker scores an hattrick against the European giants Apoel and everyone goes nuts in the country. That's what's wrong with English football.
Oh come on, it's clear he's a World Class striker. Yes, English players are over rated almost from the outset. But there's no way in hell a non-WC forward scores the amount of goals he has over the last 3 seasons. He has scored more goals than Ronaldo in 2017, albeit there are circumstances that can be considered such as age, level of opposition etc. but Kane is up there among the best forwards on the planet.

If he played for United, we'd probably be pushing his name forward for the fecking Balon d'or.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
True. Now people are comparing Kane with a Champions League all time great like Raul. A play who has regularly scored goals at the highest level in CL. Let's see Kane scoring in the latter stages in CL and then we can compare. At the moment, in Europe, he is a level below Morientes and two below Raul Gonzales in terms of both level of play and accomplishments.

Kane and Lukaku are proven EPL top strikers that are yet to prove their value in Europe by way of top performances in CL. And by top performances, I don't mean groups. Luiz Adriano from Shakhtar scored 5 goals vs BATE in a single game in CL groups. Just saying.

cyberman

Read on f365 that he has more hatricks in 2017 than Messi / Ronaldo and Lewa combined.
He really is having a ridiculous year

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
To be fair, Rashford bagged a few v the mighty Burton Albion and the 'is Rashford better than Mbappe' nonsense started.

cyberman

Yeah, Rashford is the one getting shockingly overhyped in that discussion ..

Ananke

Anyone comparing Kane to Raul has serious issues. Like...seriously. Raul is up there with the all time legends of strikers. Trophies won and goals scored speak volumes for him. Maybe you can compare the potential that both players had/have, but out and out comparison is ludicrous to even think about.

Jesus...

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It's not the hat-trick itself so much as all the goals that have gone before it and the fact that, if anything, his goal-scoring rate appears to be accelerating from what was already a pretty fast pace:

* 34 goals in 2017 so far (that's more than the entire S'hampton team and more than 6 other Prem clubs)
* Won the Golden Boot two seasons running.
* 6 hat-tricks in 2017 so far (as many as Messi, Ronaldo and Lewandowski combined over the course of the year)
* Current top scorer in the this season's CL so far
* 14 goals in his last six away games in all competitions
* He's beaten the total of CL goals scored by any English player in the past seven seasons... in just two games
* Has now scored in four consecutive CL games.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Two trains of thought here.

1. Kane has not yet achieved xyz, and before that he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as those who have. He has not beaten Shearers record, and haven't even played in the CL knockout stages.

2. Kane keeps on showing an amazing form and compare him to other players who have achieved more in their career (almost as if he will naturally do the same). Almost assuming he will break Shearers record or continue scoring for fun regardless of the stage and opposition for years to come.

Personally, why won't we compare him to other strikers right now? (In which case, comparing him to Suarez or Levandovsky is not out of place although he hasn't achieved the same because he is currently in the same bracket based on performances). But we also cannot assume that he will surpass or achieve the same as them just because he doesn't seem to put a foot wrong at the moment. It would also be useful to remember that he is only 24 and if people want to compare his achievements against other greats, let's also mention what they had done at the age of 24.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
This kid, he has so much potential. He has been scoring at least 30 goals per season since 2014-15. His prime years will likely come between 2019 and 2021. I don't understand why some people say he is overrated. At the end of the day, the main objective in football is to score goals to win a match and a tournament, if this kid can score on a consistent basis, it doesn't matter if he doesn't have the skills of Neymar or the pace of Bale. The question for me is: Can he score 50 goals this season ? He is the only striker in the world other than Rashford which I think will reach these figures in the next two seasons at most.
You think Rashford is more likely to score 50 goals in a season in the next few years than Cavani or Neymar? Really?

Ananke

Two trains of thought here.

1. Kane has not yet achieved xyz, and before that he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as those who have. He has not beaten Shearers record, and haven't even played in the CL knockout stages.

2. Kane keeps on showing an amazing form and compare him to other players who have achieved more in their career (almost as if he will naturally do the same). Almost assuming he will break Shearers record or continue scoring for fun regardless of the stage and opposition for years to come.

Personally, why won't we compare him to other strikers right now? (In which case, comparing him to Suarez or Levandovsky is not out of place although he hasn't achieved the same because he is currently in the same bracket based on performances). But we also cannot assume that he will surpass or achieve the same as them just because he doesn't seem to put a foot wrong at the moment. It would also be useful to remember that he is only 24 and if people want to compare his achievements against other greats, let's also mention what they had done at the age of 24.
Good post, pretty much my thoughts exactly.

When he starts to achieve the titles that these greats have achieved, in all leagues and tournaments, then it's worth bringing comparisons up. Until that time, he should be compared with the players of the present. Being up their requires you to be playing and performing in the big games. Against the big teams, on an international level. Kane is on a good run but he still has so much to prove (if he wants to be up there).

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If he can be this brilliant for England in the Summer (though he will have Southgate at the helm to hamper that I guess) then we might actually make it to the quarter finals :drool:

Prodigal7

It's funny, people here getting all excited over an English player again and again and again. Then he inevitably flops for England when up against real opposition in a competitive tournament. For all this piss taking out of the scouse boom bust system, some here are hilariously hypocritical.

cyberman

@Prodigal7
What does his nationality have to do with any of this?
Aguero gets praised with his similar record yet nobody goes on about another bloody Argentinian

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's funny, people here getting all excited over an English player again and again and again. Then he inevitably flops for England when up against real opposition in a competitive tournament. For all this piss taking out of the scouse boom bust system, some here are hilariously hypocritical.
You won't be saying that when we reach the semi-final in Russia.

That's right @Rooney in Paris ... I'm dreaming huge.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The best striker in the league for me. Incredible player. I honestly think he'll stay at Spurs for the majority of his career, if not all of it, as he seems to genuinely love the club.

I can see players like Eriksen and Alli leaving eventually if Spurs don't start winning things, but Kane will stay for sure imo.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The best striker in the league for me. Incredible player. I honestly think he'll stay at Spurs for the majority of his career, if not all of it, as he seems to genuinely love the club.

I can see players like Eriksen and Alli leaving eventually if Spurs don't start winning things, but Kane will stay for sure imo.
Yeah, I think he will pull a Shearer and stay at Spurs for the majority of his career.

Happy with Lukaku who I hope continues to improve .

Think Kane will be like Bale for us. Constantly linked to us by everyone and his dog, but never plays for us.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He will probably flop for England.

So did the majority of their recent great players.

He's still a phenomenal talent.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah I am pretty sure Kane will never play for United. The only way that's going to happen is if he moves abroad and then comes back, Levy would never in a million years sell him to us even if we were offering £150m and the best offer from abroad was £30m.

Varun

Staff
Can't see him playing for us or any other PL team for that matter. Theres just way too much money in the PL for a club to willingly sell a Kane to a rival club. He'd need to run his contract down which I can't see happening. Spurs are doing well anyways, if they can challenge and pay good money, they'd keep a fan like Kane. If not, move abroad.

Stacks

You think Rashford is more likely to score 50 goals in a season in the next few years than Cavani or Neymar? Really?
hilarious. There are actual strikers out there who have been scoring goals for years and can finish confidently. Rashford has barely passed doubt digits and won't even play CF. Its fanaticism. Lunatics are what makes the Caf great.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Who cares, international football is wank anyway.