Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozzy

Who else might want him & afford him? No International shirt selling value, so that's City out. Too expensive for Arsenal. Not sexy enough for Jose. That just leaves us. We can bid very clever on this one.

bleedred

I don't understand why "risk" is being mentioned around a lot in here. Buying every player is a risk. We bought Di Maria last year, who was coming back from 2-3 seasons at the top level and yet he didn't offer us much.

We are going to be fleeced by any club for any player and that has been the case for so long. Also, people calling for waiting to see if he has a better second season, what if he does and his value doubles and Real come in for him?

At this point our striking options are Rooney, ageing RVP and unproven Wilson. Kane would give us one more option/dimension and will not need much time to settle in the league compared to the other options. So, I think even at 50 mill he is a risk worth taking if stories are to be believed. The prices have been hugely inflated over the years and if he can deliver 20-25 goals and win us the title, it would have been a brilliant signing and well worth the money.

bleedred

Smalling had him in his pocket when he played against us. I'm far from convinced that he can succeed at the highest level. Would hate to see the club sink a giant slice of the warchest on him, as the risk seems too big.
Using one game as an example is ridiculous. If we are going by that, JT was considered the best defender in the league and he couldn't handle him in anyway.

Rory 7

Using one game as an example is ridiculous. If we are going by that, JT was considered the best defender in the league and he couldn't handle him in anyway.
Quite. Particularly considering how absolutely pants the other outfield players for Spurs were that day. If anything Kane was their best player on the day.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
We are not signing Kane. In my opinion this is just United laying the foundations for a potential transfer next summer if he has another good season.

That said if we can get him for £30mill then go for it, but Levy won't buckle on £50mill or something ridiculus so id rather he got another year in the prem trying to play against defenders who double up against him etc.

ravi2

From friend at the bbc. Woody has briefed the press that we're interested in Kane and prepared to pay £40 million.
I think if Ed is briefing the press, its an indication we are not signing Kane, this is probably a smokescreen (or Ed is taking the piss).

Firstly Levy will demand nothing less than £50m for him and he is a pain in the ass to negotiate with, secondly we really don't need Kane if we place Rooney up top and get him proper service.

Nozzy

I think if Ed is briefing the press, its an indication we are not signing Kane, this is probably a smokescreen (or Ed is taking the piss).

Firstly Levy will demand nothing less than £50m for him and he is a pain in the ass to negotiate with, secondly we really don't need Kane if we place Rooney up top and get him proper service.

Play Rooney every three days this season & he'll be fecked by January - we need a very decent forward, goalscorer & I think most are agreed that RVP is no longer that man. £30M down plus £15M in 12 months could be great deal & the only one on the table for Levy.

ravi2

Play Rooney every three days this season & he'll be fecked by January - we need a very decent forward, goalscorer & I think most are agreed that RVP is no longer that man. £30M down plus £15M in 12 months could be great deal & the only one on the table for Levy.
You do have a point, next season there will be plenty of games... League, FA Cup, Champs League etc and Rooney does have a tendency to get injured/off the boil for a number of games + RVP and Hernandez are off IMO.

I thought that's why we were buying Firmino tho.

Nozzy

You do have a point, next season there will be plenty of games... League, FA Cup, Champs League etc and Rooney does have a tendency to get injured/off the boil for a number of games + RVP and Hernandez are off IMO.

I thought that's why we were buying Firmino tho.
Rooney, Kane, Firmino, Wilson. Yep, I'd settle for that & I think we'd see silverware becoming a real possibility again.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Levy won't sell him for less than 60 million. Mark my words, the guy is a fecking crafty sod.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Rooney, Kane, Firmino, Wilson. Yep, I'd settle for that & I think we'd see silverware becoming a real possibility again.
Loan Wilson out and keep Hernandez for another year.

Nozzy

Levy won't sell him for less than 60 million. Mark my words, the guy is a fecking crafty sod.
No other interest that I can see, hear or, imagine so £60 would be laughable but I take your point on Levy.

ravi2

£50M should do it, but even that is a crazy number for a ST who has had essentially one good season... £50M should get you someone like Neymar or Falcao in his prime.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
I find it interesting that Sky have completely changed their tune with regards to Kane. I'm sure when there were rumours before it was James Cooper who said United were unlikely to move for Kane. Now, he is saying they are and implies that he knows for a fact the stance has changed. He certainly isn't reliable as other journalists and Sky Sports are known for speculation and generally talking pish. For example, I remember it was the same James Cooper who said United officials were at the La Liga offices to try and get Herrera in 2013 which the club have since rubbished and said those there weren't representing the club.

It's all cloak and dagger... just perhaps more interesting than the usual rubbish because Sky have completely changed their tune... something they perhaps wouldn't do unless they knew something (however small) was happening.

Nozzy

Loan Wilson out and keep Hernandez for another year.
I don't think we'd get much from Hernandez, if we were asking him to be fourth pick again (behind Rooney, Kane & Firmino). He'd more likely go play golf in Mexico.

Lynk

£50M should do it, but even that is a crazy number for a ST who has had essentially one good season... £50M should get you someone like Neymar or Falcao in his prime.
Neymar cost 100 million euros though.

The times they are a-changin'

Nozzy

£90M wouldn't get us Neymar. We can afford Harrods prices but Harrods level players, don't want us just now.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I don't think we'd get much from Hernandez, if we were asking him to be fourth pick again (behind Rooney, Kane & Firmino). He'd more likely go play golf in Mexico.
He'd be fourth choice anyway, so we wouldn't really need much from him. Wilson would barely play, so might as well loan him out.
If Hernandez basically says "I'm off" then I don't know what the other option is. But keeping Wilson to barely play just seems pointless.

A bit like Perreira. If two centre midfielder as are signed this summer, it's being extremely optimistic to think he'll play much. Whereas he'd get 30 games in La Liga.

ravi2

Neymar cost 90 million euros though.
I forgot about that... Barca paid Santos 50m and paid Neymars dad something like 40m (which lead to the transfer ban).
Pogba will cost 80M....its true...its a different world.

Lynk

I forgot about that... Barca paid Santos 50m and paid Neymars dad something like 40m (which lead to the transfer ban).
Pogba will cost 80M....its true...its a different world.
And if you look at it realistically. What did Neymar do? Tear up the Brazillian league? Bale was a one and half season wonder and he went to Madrid for a world record fee, largely due to Levy forcing Madrids hand. Spurs don't need to sell Kane, so this transfer is gonna cost an arm and a leg sadly.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Right now, it's a big gamble. Let him prove himself for another season or two. Wouldnt be the first time that the English badly overrate a young player
You can always say that but if he carries on at that rate for another two seasons the price will be double and Madrid, etc will be in for him. Although, he could be a one season wonder, yes

Nozzy

He'd be fourth choice anyway, so we wouldn't really need much from him. Wilson would barely play, so might as well loan him out.
If Hernandez basically says "I'm off" then I don't know what the other option is. But keeping Wilson to barely play just seems pointless.

A bit like Perreira. If two centre midfielder as are signed this summer, it's being extremely optimistic to think he'll play much. Whereas he'd get 30 games in La Liga.
I'd agree & wouldn't be at all surprised if Wilson & a few others, Blackett, Pearson, Pereira maybe even Januzaj, went out on loan.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Neymar cost 100 million euros though.

True that Kane has only 1 great season. However, Neymar was a gamble as well coming from the Brasilian league. He has been quite average until not too long ago since it clicked. I guess the arrival of Suarez has helped in that regard.

I would go for Kane but anything above 40 Mio might be too much.

Trizy

Come to think of it I've only ever seen highlights, whats his overall game like? Workrate, defensively, passing..etc

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I'm sure Levy would demand 60mill+
I like Kane as a player but this would be a poor move for us.

Come to think of it I've only ever seen highlights, whats his overall game like? Workrate, defensively, passing..etc
Excellent, runs himself into the ground every game, holds up the ball very well.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Of course it could be a Red Herring tactic from United, to move their real target negotiations along.

However, from Levy's position, if he doesn't cash in now (& Spurs are a selling Club) & Kane is, a one season wonder, Levy's chance of big cash for him will evaporate. We might get him for £30m plus £15-20 IF, he comes good for us. Now that would be a good punt.
Spurs are no more a selling club than MUFC - pace Beckham, RvN, Heinze, Ronaldo, de Gea imminently, etc .

And in terms of selling to MUFC, we are no longer a selling club at all. You can bid £60m for Kane if you wish - and waste your summer to boot pursuing the unattainable - but Levy won't sell.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Spurs are no more a selling club than MUFC - pace Beckham, RvN, Heinze, Ronaldo, de Gea imminently, etc .

And in terms of selling to MUFC, we are no longer a selling club at all. You can bid £60m for Kane if you wish - and waste your summer to boot pursuing the unattainable - but Levy won't sell.
You do realize that United wanted to shift them all, particularly the van Nistelrooy and Heinze as Beckham could possibly be discussed (although it's quite clear Fergie didn't mind losing him at all). Ronaldo and De Gea we wanted to keep obviously but the other three examples are as crap as you are as a poster.

I'm not sure this thing you being a bunch of absolute utter idiots (refusing £60m for Kane is plain stupid) is simply you being a bit stupid ('Levy is lying on the beach laughing about Real's £80m bid for Bale') or genuine stupidity from your board. Either way I'd not stop laughing if you were to refuse a £60m bid for Kane, from anyone.

ravi2

If Levy gets a £60M bid for Kane and doesn't sell he needs to get his head checked, but I think the real point is Spurs wouldn't really know what to do with the money and no top tier players really want to play for Spurs...or Liverpool who are in pretty much the same situation, they wasted all the Suarez money and Spurs wasted all the Bale money.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"

RVN, Heinze, Beckham were all fecked off because of Ferguson wanted them out the club, the only ones we reluctantly let go was Ronaldo and now De Gea. Although I agree sometimes Real Madrid make us look like their bitch however we will do the same to teams like Tottenham.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
If we bought Luke Shaw for 30M, there’s no doubt that a young English striker will at least cost 50M, and considering this is Levy in front of us, this will begin at 60M + few players. I’m sorry but Kane can be good, but he’s still unproven at the best level, and especially on a long term. We can’t gamble for 60M+ like that. It would be wiser to offer Madrid these 60M for Benzema if we want an attacker, but it’s a very risky gamble

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Beckham, RVN and Heinze were all sold because Fergie wanted them to be sold. Can't say the same for Spurs.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
You can always say that but if he carries on at that rate for another two seasons the price will be double and Madrid, etc will be in for him. Although, he could be a one season wonder, yes
I might underrate him but there were plenty of British strikers in the past who had one great season and that was about it. He should wait another 1-2 seasons and move then, as he gets all the playing time he needs at Spurs

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If Levy gets a £60M bid for Kane and doesn't sell he needs to get his head checked, but I think the real point is Spurs wouldn't really know what to do with the money and no top tier players really want to play for Spurs...or Liverpool who are in pretty much the same situation, they wasted all the Suarez money and Spurs wasted all the Bale money.
Exactly, you'd have to be an idiot of monumental standards to refuse a £60m for Harry Kane. It'd be £2m per goal he has scored at Spurs so far, for a player who was on loan at Leicester less than 2 years ago. It'd be like us refusing a £40m for Januzaj or Jones.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Who else might want him & afford him? No International shirt selling value, so that's City out. Too expensive for Arsenal. Not sexy enough for Jose. That just leaves us. We can bid very clever on this one.
It's Levy, you can't bid smart against him.

It is a lot of money for a player with 1 season behind him. Players do go missing second season as they are more known and more is expected. Does he really have it in him to keep it going? I haven't watched much of him bar the usual MoTD. English factor and Levytax, 50mill you'd imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.