Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
He really needs another season before he moves to a big club/compete in the champs league.

It is also worth noting that Levy will demand minimum £50m for him.

Stainz

Shocking if we spend on Kane. Great work rate and good finisher but its doubtful that he can become world class.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Spurs will ask for something ridiculous. No thanks.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Shocking if we spend on Kane. Great work rate and good finisher but its doubtful that he can become world class.
Clearly he bags. What we need. It's no doubtful it is very promising that he will become class. You have been put off at the prospect of an English player being world class I reckon. Though I agree we shouldn't break the bank for him yet.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I still don't see a £30m+ in him. There have been player who scored as many or more than him and didn't go on to become anything special, one season is not enough to properly assess his ceiling and for the fee Spurs would be likely to ask for (£40m or more) I don't think he'd represent a good deal.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Tottenham would want a world record fee and I think Kane is better off remaining with them for the time being. This is a non starter.

izec

40m will never be enough for Tottenham to sell. Im sorry, but at this moment even 30m would be enough. Cant see it, unless we spend half our budget on him. Please move on to Firmino Ed.

Tarrou

From friend at the bbc. Woody has briefed the press that we're interested in Kane and prepared to pay £40 million.

Someone

Something
This will only work if he pushes for the move, which is unlikely me thinks.

I think we're wasting our time once again here.

Truedevil

£40 million would be a fair price as fecked up as that sounds. Sterling will go for a similar fee and one could argue who's the more talented.

Trizy

Potentially £50m for a player who could end up as a one season wonder? Smells of desperation.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
James Cooper just said that we're seriously considering Kane (he wasn't on LVG's wishlist four weeks ago, but he is now), but no bid/negotiations going on at the moment.

Also said the reports of an agreed fee for Firmino are way off the mark and he's not really a target as we're not looking for another attacking midfielder.

Oh and we're spending big this summer.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
No, just no! The amount that would take after one good season is too big a gamble. Let him stay where he is and see if he continues his development first...

predator

Youth NITK
I'm not convinced he is nothing other than a one season wonder. If we sign him I will lose faith in our board as it's a lazy signing imo.

izec

James Cooper just said that we're seriously considering Kane (he wasn't on LVG's wishlist four weeks ago, but he is now), but no bid/negotiations going on at the moment.

Also said the reports of an agreed fee for Firmino are way off the mark and he's not really a target as we're not looking for another attacking midfielder.

Oh and we're spending big this summer.
Well he is a Woody target, we all know that.

We will spend big this summer on average Joe's and crocks.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Right now, it's a big gamble. Let him prove himself for another season or two. Wouldnt be the first time that the English badly overrate a young player

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I'm all for it. Young attacking players are the most exciting signings. Especially when they're pretty much placed straight into the first team.
Will be extremely hard to get Tottenham to sell, though.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
£40m on him would be just like United. He's not that good, yet anyway.

JackXX

Well he has only done it for one season but at least we know he's capable of playing at a high level in the PL. I'm neutral on it tbh. If he banged in 20+ for us next year I certainly wouldn't be complaining whatever the fee.
We definitely need a striker from somewhere.

Redo91

I'm sitting on the fence a bit with this one. I'm more in favour of waiting another season to see how he develops and that would rule out the possibility that he's a one season wonder. I think Spurs would be looking for an astronomical fee for him this summer so I'm not sure if his value would increase that much more with another brilliant season under his belt.

In saying this the big danger is waiting another year for him as that the likes of Real Madrid would be sure to be interested if he were to have a similar season to last year. We've learned to our detriment in the past that although we are a big draw we can't really compete with the likes of Real. This could be our best chance to sign him as he will be at his cheapest (assuming he doesn't flop next year) and demand for him isn't sky high amongst Europe's elite.

Zoo

Wonder if this has come out to draw attention away from Firmino?
Could well be. There's no chance of Kane leaving this summer unless they get an absolutely crazy offer.

Angelinho

Smalling had him in his pocket when he played against us. I'm far from convinced that he can succeed at the highest level. Would hate to see the club sink a giant slice of the warchest on him, as the risk seems too big.

Nozzy

Of course it could be a Red Herring tactic from United, to move their real target negotiations along.

However, from Levy's position, if he doesn't cash in now (& Spurs are a selling Club) & Kane is, a one season wonder, Levy's chance of big cash for him will evaporate. We might get him for £30m plus £15-20 IF, he comes good for us. Now that would be a good punt.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I like him a lot, but hate the thought of handing so much money to Levy to get him.

Hed Zitin

A ridiculous offer like that is the only way he's leaving.

I've changed my mind. I'd quite like us to take the gamble just for the thrill of it. He could grow into an even bigger beast here.

Redo91

Smalling had him in his pocket when he played against us. I'm far from convinced that he can succeed at the highest level. Would hate to see the club sink a giant slice of the warchest on him, as the risk seems too big.
To be fair he did score against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool so I wouldn't look into that too much. He had an off day but who doesn't every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.