Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Only thing that i don't like is how he is slow when he needs to change direction. He needs to work on his agility

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I thought he wasn’t so good today. Only really had Pukki to look after so could have effected the game more but didn’t. Lindelof was better at that :nervous:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Only thing that i don't like is how he is slow when he needs to change direction. He needs to work on his agility
He should have been playing alongside a more defensively sound and quicker defender like Smalling this season. It would allow Maguire to be more adventurous in his style, as would have the cover needed. Maguire is really good, but he plays very much on the safe side due to him having to lead the line defensively by himself.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He should have been playing alongside a more defensively sound and quicker defender like Smalling this season. It would allow Maguire to be more adventurous in his style, as would have the cover needed. Maguire is really good, but he plays very much on the safe side due to him having to lead the line defensively by himself.
Come on, you want to say that Mike is quicker than Lindelof? And you want to say that Mike is better than Lindelof?

Edit: oh, it is you mikeking. Nevermind.:)

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Come on, you want to say that Mike is quicker than Lindelof? And you want to say that Mike is better than Lindelof?

Edit: oh, it is you mikeking. Nevermind.:)
Oh Hi Andy I didn't know it was you.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was far from impressive today, I was actually quite disappointed with him today. He needs quicker defender next to him I think, which is ridiculous because he is 80m defender ffs.

Irwin99

How did he and Lindelof do today? I only saw twenty five mins of the game.

Ekeke

How did he and Lindelof do today? I only saw twenty five mins of the game.
Very little to do, but the Norwich goal saw McTominay lose the ball, a player dribble past Garner and Maguire at the same time and slot it away. Lindelof wasnt involved because he was marking an opposition player to the side

dev1l

I m a bit disappointed with the goal - him and Lindelof were too close to each other. But otherwise he had a good game especially when Norwich were defending, he was very good bring ball out of defence.

A-man

I m a bit disappointed with the goal - him and Lindelof were too close to each other. But otherwise he had a good game especially when Norwich were defending, he was very good bring ball out of defence.
Same feeling as I have. He was good overall but at the goal he could have done better.

Very little to do, but the Norwich goal saw McTominay lose the ball, a player dribble past Garner and Maguire at the same time and slot it away. Lindelof wasnt involved because he was marking an opposition player to the side
It was a calm match for the whole defence. One thing I really liked was the first minutes of the match. Norwich tried to put intense pressure on the 4 at the back but they stayed very calm and passed around until they could play through the line and basically through the whole Norwich midfield. It was like United defence sent a message, and after that Norwich gave up putting pressure on the centre backs.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I just wonder if Maguire trusts Lindelof enough as a CB? The Palace game where Lindelof failed to win the header, and Ayew scored, Maguire was way out of position on the left, not covering Lindelof at all, I thought at the time that he is probably used to his CB partner at Leicester winning all the headers, so no need to cover, but even so he should have been there, but now he probably gets in the covering position as soon as possible, thereby giving the Norwich player space to get into. I think Lindelof is a decent player, but I feel that Tuanzebe will be a better partner for Maguire in the long term.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Solid game from him, great at bringing the ball out from the back. Been excellent so far i think.

A-man

I just wonder if Maguire trusts Lindelof enough as a CB? The Palace game where Lindelof failed to win the header, and Ayew scored, Maguire was way out of position on the left, not covering Lindelof at all, I thought at the time that he is probably used to his CB partner at Leicester winning all the headers, so no need to cover, but even so he should have been there, but now he probably gets in the covering position as soon as possible, thereby giving the Norwich player space to get into. I think Lindelof is a decent player, but I feel that Tuanzebe will be a better partner for Maguire in the long term.
It was one of their first matches and Maguire has been better at covering since then.

When it comes to complementing Maguire, I see this as one of Lindelof’s biggest strengths. He always covers for Maguire. Tuanzebe seems very eager to go where the ball is and also has a little poor awareness, which I think makes him less suitable in that sense. When it comes to the aerial game Lindelof could be better, but Tuanzebe seems similar or worse.

POF

A little concerning how flat footed he was for the goal. The same happened a couple of times against Partizan too. When he's isolated, he seems very easy to dribble past.

At a big club, getting isolated at the back won't be a rare occurrence. It's a bit of a worry.

Fracture90

Anyone else finds it worrying the ease in which players go past him sometimes? I mean mofo looks like a goddamn lightpole sometimes.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We all knew he was going to be the best of our CBs but not incredible.

It's not much of an issue. If we ever get around to having a proper squad we might be able to get a worldy next to him and then we're laughing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We all knew he was going to be the best of our CBs but not incredible.

It's not much of an issue. If we ever get around to having a proper squad we might be able to get a worldy next to him and then we're laughing.
It's worrying that our 80m CB needs a worldy next to him, how much is that worldy gonna cost?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's worrying that our 80m CB needs a worldy next to him, how much is that worldy gonna cost?
A price comes from more than just quality though and is fairly irrelevant when you know what you're getting.

I would expect it to be a similar price because not English, maybe a little more with United tax.

TrustInOle

The cost doesnt represent his ability, but how much Leicester wanted, money is crazy top to bottom in the league now. If Harry came from abroad, hed probably cost around 40/50 mil, which would be about right. Also lets now forget he isnt the finished article yet at 26, and already a big improvement on our defence. Overall I'm happy with the signing.

Sp00ks11

Still so chuffed we got him, hated seeing Smalling and Jones run around like headless chickens in United shirts. While he hasn’t done anything spectacular yet, he is just so much more solid and confident than Smalling in particular who seemed so frightened whenever the ball or an attacker came near him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The cost doesnt represent his ability, but how much Leicester wanted, money is crazy top to bottom in the league now. If Harry came from abroad, hed probably cost around 40/50 mil, which would be about right. Also lets now forget he isnt the finished article yet at 26, and already a big improvement on our defence. Overall I'm happy with the signing.
That really doesn't disprove my question if anything it only goes to strengthen it. If another selling club has a better CB that Maguire they're going to look at what we spent to get him and want more

acnumber9

Handed captaincy and talked of as mainstay for years and hasn’t earned it. I thought he was overrated but hoped I just hadn’t seen enough of him. He’s overrated.

Bobski

That goal shows why it will be difficult to play a more progressive game with Maguire, you never want space in behind him, his mobility and agility on the turn really limits the success of his defending. Plenty of good stuff from him in a deep line but a counter attacking liability higher up.

el3mel

As I said in matchday thread, I honestly expected more from him. He hasn't been bad at all, decent but nothing extraordinary, in comparison to the other 2 signings who have been outstanding. He needs to do more as the most expensive defender in the world, let's be honest.

Handed captaincy and talked of as mainstay for years and hasn’t earned it. I thought he was overrated but hoped I just hadn’t seen enough of him. He’s overrated.
Of course he is, at 80m what defenders arent? Hes still our best CB.

Hawks2008

This is how I feel, good but not great.

Nearly cost us tonight but Rashy bailed him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.