Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_86

He did well today. Made quite a few interceptions and broke up play. Especially the tackle on Tarore early on was excellent.

Paul_Scholes18

Was limping a bit. The guy needs a rest.
Should play Jones against Norwich I think. No idea why Maguire never gets rested. Although central defenders can normally play a lot. Van Dijk never rest for Pool either. If he got injury problems though we might need to rest him.

Last edited:

3KDré

Should play Jones against Norwich I think. No idea why Maguire never gets rested. Although central defenders can normally play a lot. Van Dijk never rest for Pool either. If he got injury problems though we might need to rest him.
I think we want him to grow into this captain role. He needs as many games as possible to do that. Although I would agree he needs a rest.

Stadjer

Dont you want to win against Norwich? Jones is a disaster and will give away atleast one goal... with our forward line i dont think that is very smart.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Definitely the only true captain material in the side, until McTom gets a few years older.

always_hoping

Had a solid game tonight, hopefully that injury is nothing more than a slight niggle but United at the moment can't buy a break away from injuries.

el3mel

Thought he was great today tbf. Since I'm criticizing him when he's shite, should give credit when he's good. Would have given him MOTM if not for Romero.

Paul_Scholes18

Dont you want to win against Norwich? Jones is a disaster and will give away atleast one goal... with our forward line i dont think that is very smart.
I am pretty sure he will do well in that kind of game. Although not played much. Last season when Ole actually had a great run Jones and Lindelöf played together. Although Ole freezing Jones out might have a negative impact mentally for Jones. He is not the most predictable when he is just back into a team.

Paul_Scholes18

What kind of crazy world is this that we got loads of defenders out with injuries, but Jones is not one of them.
I do think he will be fine and maybe just miss 1-2 games though.

RedIan

We missed Maguire big time tonight.... he brings a lot of stability to the defence that isn’t appreciated until its gone. Hope hes back saturday

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We missed Maguire big time tonight.... he brings a lot of stability to the defence that isn’t appreciated until its gone. Hope hes back saturday
He's out of the Norwich game at least.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Hopefully more people will understand what this guy brings to our team compared to others that we got, he ain’t Van Dijk or Rio but the reason we end up spent 80m on a centre back because we have wasted our money on someone like Lindelof for instance. If there is a player that you want to moan about is his partner not this guy. What his partner offer? Weak in challenge, weak in aerial duel, can’t intercept the ball, panic on the ball when under pressure.

A-man

Unfortunately I don’t think it had mattered much today. He is normally not so good when left alone when the midfield fails like first half today.

romufc

Hopefully more people will understand what this guy brings to our team compared to others that we got, he ain’t Van Dijk or Rio but the reason we end up spent 80m on a centre back because we have wasted our money on someone like Lindelof for instance.
Just 2 days ago on this thread there was people questioning him, calling him bang average all sorts.

One game without him, we conceded at least 10 clear cut chances, which was similar to last season.

With him in the team, even though we play crap we do not concede that many chances.

To all those who doubt him and said the £80m would have been better spent elsewhere can rethink that. Although he was over priced, we needed him.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just saw this pop up on Twitter. Your luck with injuries like these is ridiculously bad.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Just saw this pop up on Twitter. Your luck with injuries like these is ridiculously bad.

Don’t pretend it’s not one of you lot with a voodoo doll that was somehow activated when SAF retired. It’s the only explanation.

DoomSlayer

At this point we need to take Smalling back for real, right now. Jones cannot play anymore, it would be criminal.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Don’t pretend it’s not one of you lot with a voodoo doll that was somehow activated when SAF retired. It’s the only explanation.
Might've been initially but karma struck when Gerrard slipped. Whoever did must've stopped after that for fear of the Gods.

Zoo

Many of us called it weeks ago when he was clearly showing signs of fatigue. I despair at Ole’a use of the squad at times.

redshaw

Awful news. Played too much, if he asks to play every time you have to be sensible.

Ole is still failing at basic things.

El Zoido

Awful news. Played too much, if he asks to play every time you have to be sensible.

Ole is still failing at basic things.
Oh come off it. What choice does he have? If he plays him, Ole gets it in the neck for playing him too much. If he rests him, he gets it in the neck for playing Jones or Rojo, or whoever. Defenders don’t play with as high intensity as forwards, they can generally play every game. It’s an unfortunate injury, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.