Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

I thought he’d a very good game. One of his better performances for United for me.

Nick7

I'll be honest. I didn't notice him in defence at all today. Which is probably the best thing when it comes to centre backs.

slored1

Really really good. Since Everton hasn't put a foot wrong and has showed class every time he plays, also 4 cleansheets in 5 now with him in the team.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Terrific. A real leader out there today. The whole defense played fabulously.

criticalanalysis

I'll be honest. I didn't notice him in defence at all today. Which is probably the best thing when it comes to centre backs.
You may want to watch a bit more consciously then because every position and player on the pitch shoud be noticeable in games like these.

He wasn't just 'good, doing his job, nothing to see here', which to me is a bit of disservice of his performance, as he was proactively good (in a stand out way) with the ball and without.

Bobski

He was very solid, as was Lindelof, City made it remarkably easy for the pair for them. For all the commentators were purring over City's football there was little in the way of penetration.

Superunknown

Great performance from him and Lindelöf in the middle. Didn't look easy to play against. Just what we needed in a game like this.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Very good as usual and so was Lindelof. The last few weeks makes me wonder whether investment at CB is really a priority in the summer over midfield and attack, but that can soon turn.

GioF

Maybe a few on here will actually notice all the clean sheets we've been getting lately. Him and Lindelof faultless today.
If Sterling was clinical he’d of had two today because of Lindelofs errors. Not saying he was as bad as usual but when your saying he was faultless that’s just complete false.

ShinjiNinja26

Top performance. It still baffles me how people think he’s shite and not even our best CB, I dread to think what our defence would be like without him.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Was extraordinary today. Marshalled the back line well and gave Shaw the freedom to push up. Watching United play a high line (when we have energy levels) and on the front foot is where we see results. This season reminds me of the year before Liverpool won the league. Albeit without the points.

The Oracle

Top performance. It still baffles me how people think he’s shite and not even our best CB, I dread to think what our defence would be like without him.
I do agree he's a good defender.
I would rather him in the team than out of it, let's put it that way.

Goes to show what a confident keeper does to our defenders... relaxes them and lets them play well.

Jonno

And let us not forget Pep wanted him. People love to mock Maguire but he is a very good defender.
Jose wanted him, Pep wanted him, Ole wanted him, and I couldn’t give a feck about the transfer fee...without Maguire last season we wouldnt have finished in the CL. Which means he well and truly covered his Man United transfer tax in one season

ShinjiNinja26

I do agree he's a good defender.
I would rather him in the team than out of it, let's put it that way.

Goes to show what a confident keeper does to our defenders... relaxes them and lets them play well.
He’ll look even better next season if we can sign a top CB with pace to partner him. Definitely agree having a competent keeper between the sticks makes a massive difference in settling down the defence, let’s them just concentrate solely on their own game and not have to worry what’s going on behind them.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah superb tonight. You can just tell he has another level in him as well.

Hopefully we get that right partner for him at CB and he can fulfil his true potential.
Loved it when he picked the ball up and started bringing it forward. Defensively he always seemed to get a block or a head in the way

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
9 clearances and 3 interceptions today to go along with 91% pass percentage and never dispossessed against a strong pressing team. MOTM if not for how good Shaw was...

Status
Not open for further replies.