5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really poor in his contribution to another clean sheet?

Deary me
Only the caf could call a CB poor in a clean sheet away to Arsenal, it’s almost impressive.

My old man is funny though, he blamed yesterday’s dropped points (and most others) on “Maguire’s not a United captain”, as though it holds that much importance.

Man Utd 9:0 Southampton

A-man

Did his job defensively. I like that he tries to find through balls when we pass around the extremely low Soton defence, but sometimes all we need is speed and then he is stalling it too much. Just a detail. Overall he was good, 7/10 from me.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Did a decent job as an attacking midfielder.

klayton88

Flew up to Mike Dean after the tackle on Mctommers. Dean was already reaching for red but still nice to see somebody get in the refs face.

Sylar

Both him and Lindelof had good games as inside forwards tonight. :D
Was great to see, especially as they weren't marking anybody so added themselves further forward.
Would like to see this more as it leads to us getting the ball back quickly when a move breaks down

A-man

Ha ha, 9-0.

All we needed was Maguire to pass faster and it’d have been 15. :lol:
I’m not complaining about the result, or the overall performance. But Maguire was not involved at all in any of the goals. Instead all goals came from other players playing the ball fast. Maguire taking a long time to pick pass when we are in possession is not effective.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You can tell he was enjoying getting in on the action, thought he did well in the build up.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not good enough tonight and it's arguable whether he ever will be. One thing is for sure. Him and Lindelof is not a partnership.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why was he deeper then everyone else at the free kick!? Surely he should be the one sorting it out.

acnumber9

Just once I would like to watch a game and think Harry Maguire has just saved us from dropping points there. Never seen it happen.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He'll forever be a donkey he's just not good enough for a team challenging for the title.

Roboc7

He just couldn’t cope, has to be able to defend deep and back off, he’s way too limited a defender to build around. Solid and stays fit but we spent £80m on someone who isn’t really good enough.

No idea what he’s doing for third goal, awful position.

Lewnited

To repeat what I said in the other thread...

I just think any defender that is that easy to breeze past isn't worth a starting spot in a top team. Look at any team across Europe and you won't find another starting centreback thats as uncomfortable with being exposed as he is.

I feel like when you break it down he's just not that great, just how I've always felt about him. He's in the same bracket as Lindelof, Bailly and Smalling - decent at times with clear deficiencies. We STILL need a top class centre back, that hasn't changed since we lost Rio and Vidic.

Alejandro Angel

Unfairly being blamed imo. Didn’t have a bad game at all.
Watch again, he should have cut out the ball for the first, not helped by DeGea but the last goal playing them all on side. He was brutal tonite as a defender he was alright going forward but is shakey when played with Lindeloff and encouraged them. Need a better player

Bojan11

What the feck was he doing looking for a freekick with Jon Moss around?

AFC NimbleThumb

At this point it’s our own fault as a club for raising this lads stature far above his capabilities; he has done nothing on the pitch to show he should be captain but ‘he gets the club’ apparently.

Absolutely terrible purchase which many highlighted at the time; was chasing shadows on the first goal as well.

Will captain us to nothing.

hobbers

If we go into next season with him captain and first choice CB we can write off the title chances before a ball is kicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.