Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriku

Points to him for trying to force the issue going forward. Deserved that header to go in, and his reaction to the save says a lot, for me.

Ekeke

Did some stuff going forward, struggled defending. What we need from him and our CBs is to properly do the stuff defending and let our attackers attack

Delano

We're not going anywhere with him as our captain and starting CB.

Plays his own defensive line because of his lack of pace, can't defend the front post, inspires nobody and is constantly out muscled for a "dominant CB".

Feck the price tag. He needs to be assessed on his defensive performances, not his price.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thought he did well when going forward, he tried. His defending is so haphazard at times though.

mu4c_20le

I thought he looked like a captain in the first half with those surging runs, but boy does he go down easy when getting into a physical battle

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He needs to stop doing that thing where he just stops to buy the foul.

Yeah it's probably a foul, yeah most refs give it (though they haven't twice in the last few matches) But it's totally needless when you can just play the fecking ball.

acnumber9

The highlight was definitely him telling Bruno not to shoot from that free kick and to cross to him so he could be offside and foul their defender. He genuinely is never onside from free kicks.

Doracle

MOTM today. Great to see him driving us forward and would have deserved the winner but for the phenomenal save at the end. Would be great if we could get Bailly back fit enough to partner him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I thought he looked like a captain in the first half with those surging runs, but boy does he go down easy when getting into a physical battle
I am sorry but that's not really a testament in his favour. West Brom are a physical side who rely on crosses. We only have 1 CB who is equipped for that game and that's Maguire. He should have stayed at the back and orchestrated the defence which is poorly equipped for such game. Whenever West Brom fouled one of a players he should have complained about it with the ref forcing him to rethink his laisser faire attitude that was killing us.

Red_toad

The highlight was definitely him telling Bruno not to shoot from that free kick and to cross to him so he could be offside and foul their defender. He genuinely is never onside from free kicks.
He didn’t foul the defender the defender ran across the back of his legs and fouled him. Feckin bizarre free kick to them, maybe you were officiating VAR? As it was either offside or a penalty...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think he was great going forward at all. Jogged to the edge of their box then gave the ball to the closest player. Didn't advance our play at all really. He had the ball a lot and did nothing with it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Two games running he's tried to win a foul against an attacker and failed. Typical of him lately. Dunno why he drives forward so much if he won't try to test the keeper. Since that Tranmere game he's not even tried.

Bocca9978

Interesting that he is the focus. He got forward well, had chances.

Lindelof any one?

acnumber9

He didn’t foul the defender the defender ran across the back of his legs and fouled him. Feckin bizarre free kick to them, maybe you were officiating VAR? As it was either offside or a penalty...
Maybe you need to remember the actual incident I’m talking about. I’m referring to the one in the last five minutes as why would Bruno Fernandes shoot from the free kick on the penalty decision?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The "foul" that he gave away the chance for was very soft, and might not have even been overturned by VAR as clear and obvious. Dogshit mistake that's inexcusable. We bought him because he's meant to be superb in exactly those situations.

PoTMS

Why the feck did we buy him when we knew we were going to pair him with Lindelof? We have some really stupid people making very big decisions at this club.

mu4c_20le

I am sorry but that's not really a testament in his favour. West Brom are a physical side who rely on crosses. We only have 1 CB who is equipped for that game and that's Maguire. He should have stayed at the back and orchestrated the defence which is poorly equipped for such game. Whenever West Brom fouled one of a players he should have complained about it with the ref forcing him to rethink his laisser faire attitude that was killing us.
Yeah I do think we need to complain harder. I dont care if it makes us look like cnuts, especially if we know we are right, then we need to do it to put pressure on these refs.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
That one mistake where he underestimated his opponent and thought he could get a foul will unfortunately bring a lot of haters here. Otherwise it was a proper Captain performance, going forward like a seasoned midfielder, almost a LW at times. He's just super great going forward, and we needed extra player for that to exploit their deep defence, almost scored a goal in the end too. Such irony it's Sam Johnstone, who denied him, it's usually our second rate goalies who have their best games against us..
Now let's fecking get into the market and buy him a proper partner so we don't have to see that loser Lindelof again..

Red_toad

Clearly instructed by Ole to get forward. The captain does not dictate to the manager nor the coaches. Lindelof was clearly under instructions to stay back. If you’re going to pin blame on anyone look to whom sets up the team and instructs the players where to play. If a player isn’t working in a certain position the captain doesn’t sub them off nor instruct them to change positions. We’re a very poorly coaches defensive unit, Ole will need to look at that if we wish to progress.

el3mel

Him and Lindelof unfortunately have mistakes in them even if they play well. You always know there's a chance they'll feck up completely in one ball regardless of their performance. Can't be helped.

Devil may care

He was a so-so left inside forward for 20 minutes today but this high high line style exposes him badly, I don't think that freekick was coming to save him after the poundland Mane outmuscled him with ease.

Jonno

He is absolutely awful and a travesty that he is our captain.
Whats he done wrong this time? Nearly bagged all 3 points in stoppage time? Drove us forward most of the game? I didn’t see a single mistake, the one where DDG would be a mistake, but it was a foul and wouldnt have counted.

So what was awful from him today?

Agenda-driven posting.

Jonno

He was a so-so left inside forward for 20 minutes today but this high high line style exposes him badly, I don't think that freekick was coming to save him after the poundland Mane outmuscled him with ease.
He said the ref told the players on field that it was a foul and would have given a free kick if required

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Whats he done wrong this time? Nearly bagged all 3 points in stoppage time? Drove us forward most of the game? I didn’t see a single mistake, the one where DDG would be a mistake, but it was a foul and wouldnt have counted.

So what was awful from him today?

Agenda-driven posting.
agenda sure

This is the 2nd time he did this

Devil may care

Interesting that he is the focus. He got forward well, had chances.

Lindelof any one?
Everyone knows Lindelof is toast when we get a new CB as it's widely accepted ge's not good enough, just wondering when the realization will hit that ye's not the only one.

Roboc7

Games like today when you have to push forward he’s a huge liability defensively, when he can’t drop off and play deeper than everyone else he’s bang average.

Had some decent moments on the ball and unlucky at the end but I still think finding right partner for him is going to be much tougher than a lot of people think.

Devil may care

He said the ref told the players on field that it was a foul and would have given a free kick if required
Of course he says that, he should have dealt with the situation before it was even an issue, this desperate playing for the foul because he can’t handle one on ones is weak

Status
Not open for further replies.