Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Our captain always looking for a foul. You would think he learned his lesson after last week, but no he does the same shit in a more dangerous area.

Get In Scholesy

Squad player at best imo. Should not be starting for a side wanting to win trophies , let alone at Man United.
At our current level, he has a place. If we want to chase all honours he either needs to improve extremely drastically or be 3rd or 4th choice.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Not really the sort of comments you'd expect from a Utd captain after dropping points to (effectively) bottom of the table shite.

Blame the ref/officials, give a more biased appraisal of our performance that Ty normally does for Arsenal, then claim we're still in a title race.

Thought he was decent today bar his calamitous attempt to defend 1-on-1 when DDG needed to make that top double save.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Whats he done wrong this time? Nearly bagged all 3 points in stoppage time? Drove us forward most of the game? I didn’t see a single mistake, the one where DDG would be a mistake, but it was a foul and wouldnt have counted.

So what was awful from him today?

Agenda-driven posting.
Are you serious? Did you see how we almost conceded because he fell down like a sack of shit when coming up against Digne?

He tried to dive for a penalty but failed at that too being offside.

Yes let's celebrate him hitting the post. He almost did well. It's almost everything with him. He's not good enough. I don't care about what he does going forward he used to never even hit the target on all his headers, we need him to be a monster in defence and control everyone around him. He's not doing any of that and if this was a "great performance" to you top reds then what the feck was Vidic and Rio's performances all those years ago?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah, whether it's a foul or not (be a bit harsh if it was given) is irrelevant. AGAIN, he could've dealt with it in plenty of time but decided to leave it up to the referee to make the decision. Make the decision yourself FFS. Stop putting it in the referee's hands.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Did some stuff going forward, struggled defending. What we need from him and our CBs is to properly do the stuff defending and let our attackers attack
Ole wants two CBs that can pass well but not so good on defending. Then he plays central midfielders who can defend but not so good on passing.

THere's some kind of strong irony here. :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Whats he done wrong this time? Nearly bagged all 3 points in stoppage time? Drove us forward most of the game? I didn’t see a single mistake, the one where DDG would be a mistake, but it was a foul and wouldnt have counted.

So what was awful from him today?

Agenda-driven posting.
The moment where West Brom had a 3 vs 1 attack also came from Maguire’s inability to keep a defensive line. I don’t like to bash him too much but posts like this don’t help either. He did well going forward today and I liked to see him getting involved more, but we have allowed West Brom way too much in attack and Maguire was one of the culprits for that (and the fact that Lindelöf was way worse than him today doesn’t make Maguire’s defensive performance any better).

Jonno

He's a footballer, that would hardly be a surprise.
So, Sky said it looked a foul, he Said it’s a foul, he said the ref thinks it’s a foul, but you think its a conspiracy and he’s lying, that would certainly suit your agenda.

Show me where he’s been “awful” today, other than where he’s illegally fouled.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Put him in the city Lineup and lo and behold Man city would still steamroll a WBA for example or any other side they already have dismantled.
my point is the problem is bigger than a single frecking player. And especially our centre backs.

We scored 1 goal against WBA and have no idea of how to break down shit teams,
or how to play progressive football against the top sides, and people harp about our centre backs? Focus on the bigger picture people.

Idxomer

He played okay but today was another proof he isn't very bright and utterly brainless.

Jonno

The moment where West Brom had a 3 vs 1 attack also came from Maguire’s inability to keep a defensive line. I don’t like to bash him too much but posts like this don’t help either. He did well going forward today and I liked to see him getting involved more, but we have allowed West Brom way too much in attack and Maguire was one of the culprits for that (and the fact that Lindelöf was way worse than him today doesn’t make Maguire’s defensive performance any better).
Im not claiming he had a great game by any stretch. I just don’t understand why people think to bash him and say he’s “absolutely awful” and it’s a “disgrace he’s our captain”, and he’s a “squad player at best”.

If he was a squad player at best, we’d have finished 5th at best last season costing us millions.

passing-wind

Maguire easily is defined as a costly mistake per game player. Shouldn't be a problem for top four but anything beyond he will either need an elite level defender next to him or be rotated. I'm surprised by the nonsense that many consider him to be one of the best around.

acnumber9

Put him in the city Lineup and lo and behold Man city would still steamroll a WBA for example or any other side they already have dismantled.
my point is the problem is bigger than a single frecking player. And especially our centre backs.

or how to play progressive football against the top sides, and people harp about our centre backs? Focus on the bigger picture people.
And we scored three last week and still couldn’t win. We’re top scorers in the league. The defence is a much bigger problem. And Maguire is the captain of it.

Devil may care

So, Sky said it looked a foul, he Said it’s a foul, he said the ref thinks it’s a foul, but you think its a conspiracy and he’s lying, that would certainly suit your agenda.

Show me where he’s been “awful” today, other than where he’s illegally fouled.
The fact you think there's an agenda today and are acting like his lawyer tells me where the agenda is, you show me where he played well today, you can't because he didn't, he shows no leadership at the back, commands nothing, can't deal with one on ones or the ball in behind so resorts to falling over and praying for a foul, but hey he played ok as a left inside forward for 20 minutes in the first half if that's your angle. Look mate, if you can't see him and Lindelof will keep us as nothing more than also rans while Rashford, Bruno, McTominay and whoever else is this weeks lamb to the slaughter, then I can't help you, but I'm pretty sure you go back 30 plus years like me so I'm surprised you can't see what a wet, uninspiring pair of CB's we have, even Neville can and he can't usually see past his nationalist bias.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’ve slated many facets of his game previously as most have in here but his falling to the ground when pressured in the hopes the referee blows the whistle is genuinely baffling - he’s meant to be the physical /commanding CB.

Certainly not leading by example.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Clearly instructed by Ole to get forward. The captain does not dictate to the manager nor the coaches. Lindelof was clearly under instructions to stay back. If you’re going to pin blame on anyone look to whom sets up the team and instructs the players where to play. If a player isn’t working in a certain position the captain doesn’t sub them off nor instruct them to change positions. We’re a very poorly coaches defensive unit, Ole will need to look at that if we wish to progress.
I am ole out but I don't think that our manager is that stupid. Irrespective of that he doesn't come across as a person who micromanage his players.

passing-wind

Absolute rubbish, city would steam role WBA because they have a world class manager and are a very cohesive team. Laporte is definitively better than Maguire and Dias has made more of an impact having considerably less time in England. The reality is if Maguire goes to city he's coming off the bench.

We are one of the highest scorers in the league, the issue is not with the attack outright it's that we cannot guarantee a lead with such a poor defensive line. You cannot save with a hole in your pocket and sooner or later either Maguire is partnered with a better defender or he's rotated.

OhGee

How do we score more against a team that sits back and defends - let me take a stab at it...don’t play with 2 defensive mids who can’t make defend splitting passes. Scott is good at arriving on the box late and scoring goals but for feck sakes why does he not try a forward pass when he is in the opponents 3rd of the pitch. All his passes are sideways. Ole finally woke up in the 80 min when he took Fred off for Donny but yet again that was way too late.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He should be stripped of the captaincy for making such embarrassing post match statements. A player with zero track record of winning shouldn’t be our captain.

rollingstoned1

Thay exchange he lost to the w brom strikr was both weaksauce and damning. We were lucky not to concede there.

Sylar

He just said the ref said after it was a foul and wouldn’t have counted anyway.
Odd the ref didn't just blow the whistle then
Was a clear foul

First half he was great going forward and creating space for Shaw
Unlucky with his header

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Strange. We should be creating 10 chances against them. Manchester United against West Brom FFS.
  • Showed a lot of drive which was good to see.
  • Not the rock solid CB we need which would be a less of an issue if we didn't have Lindelof next to him and hadn't spent a fortune on signing him

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Take that fecking captaincy off him now! It was a mistake in the first place. Accept it and move on ffs.

Fussmeister

Think he was good today. He won almost everyhing in the air. Dont understand why we dont use him more as a target player last 10
Min or so.

dal

Maguire was brilliant wtf.

The over reaction to dropped points amazes me.

Eternitiy

He's not the problem. The two jokers on the right side of defence are.

Maguire showed more urgency and ability on the ball than Fred and McTominay as well.

Apokalips

I hate the fact he is captain. He has such a poor mentality, along with Lindelof they are both just soft!

I have always said he is about a Lescott level defender. Very good but not great and in another era he would be an also ran. I do not see any of these leader traits that the media are desperate to claim exists as our defensive unit does not seem organised.

Status
Not open for further replies.