View full 2023-24 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

A-man

Good defensively but offered nothing in possession or attack.

userman

By far our best player today. Great determination and passion, and finally seems to be confident again. Looks much more like a captain now then when he had the armband. I'm happy for him and glad to see him performing again!

Woodzy

Best player on the pitch for us.

BUT, he still needs to go. We run the risk of falling into the trap of backing a player that doesn’t really have the required level in them. It’s the reason we still see average players from the Mourinho days in our line up because we back players and renew contracts based on purple patches while ignoring their overall quality.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Who the feck would have thought, considering the vibe around him in the summer, that he’d be one of the bright spots of this blighted season :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I feel for him having been hit by Antony's shot, cos his all around performance tonight didn't really warrant that slice of bad luck. For the most part he defended well.

Bobade

He doesn't have the right skillset for how we want to play, but he obviously does have the mentality. To come back from being an absolute meme, with all the fans slating him and put in the strong performances he has done this season is something to be commended.

We should sell him and restructure our defence, but he did play well today and fair play to him.

Rojofiam

ETH should've realised that he's our best RCB a long time ago, but I guess Varane was decent last season so no one had the right to question that choice.

Anyone that says that Lindelöf was ever better than this guy must be blind.

Litch

Fair play to him, playing to the best of his ability...sadly thats still not good enough but weirdly is....

AndyMUFC

The reason he's looking good is because of the terrible football we're playing where we're basically defending on the edge of our own box all game but you can't question his effort.

C'est Moi Cantona

Hard not to admire him right now.

But him getting back in and been first choice CB is just a sign that the summer plan for this season is currently in the bin.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Back to the form of his first season here.
I'd say better than his first season. He was fairly inconsistent that season with quite a lot of bad periods to go with the good. Of course that may yet happen this season, but for now I'd say he's been better than that season.

Not as good as he was in the second half of his second season though, which was the one period he was truly great. It'd be good if he could get back to that level consistently.

berbasloth4

I still think he is one worst defenders to play for United. But fair play to him to knuckle down and work like feck one of a small few who show they actually care. Weirdly he is looking more of captain and an example since the armband got took off him

DickDastardly

He's only good for the "defend for your lives and smack it out of the box asap" football.

He looks good because that's how we play since he's back.

His "I'm Smokey the bear" hugging defense is laughable.
Concedes free kicks left right and center.

Basically, useless for a team aspiring for top 4.

An asset for a team aspiring to finish in the top 10.

Says it all about us practically.

Malone_Post

Fair play to him. Takes a lot of character to come back and put in those kind of performances.

But it’s also painfully obvious why he could never be part of a progressive, modern team. Sit him in your 6 yard box and tell him to defend for his life and he can be fantastic though.

edgecutter

We're playing like a relegation side and that's why he is looking better. He loves backs to the wall defending.

Telsim

He has had it rough, and for good reason, but if there's one thing he has it's professionalism. Never sulks and always tries. In that sense he is a man amongst boys.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’ve been a big detractor & still think he’s not top drawer but for backs to the wall, under the cosh defending the guy is certainly built for it.

He played well last night but I would continence people to look at the context of the game he looked good in, from minute 1 we conceded possession & defended the box. If this is the long term plan then we may aswell make him captain again cause you won’t find many better but honestly we shouldn’t be doing this.

Context aside. He & Shaw were hard done by last night.

Roane

Maguire causes as many issues for us as he does good stuff.

In the last few days he has got a lot of praise for his defending and yes it does appear like that, but...

Because he is so slow Maguire is always the last man back. He is not in line with the other defenders when we bring the ball out. It breaks the defensive line and others have to work harder as ik cover more ground, which is why teams are cutting through us

Add our MF word of McT and Bruno basically doing what they want, no discipline and that is why teams are getting through us like a gott knife through butter