6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Think he gambled this season. He doesn't play in club and tries to secure his spot for the Euros this summer.

He should have gone abroad, to Germany or Italy, where he could have built his confidence back.

He's probably not in a mental state to compete at top level.

He's 5th defender at United but is completely out of confidence.

mancan92

Yes you can. United gave him a stupid deal and he has every right to stay on it. The price for that shouldn't be worldwide constant ridicule. It shouldn't be for anyone.
Many players in fact most players don't get their contracts paid off. Literally all over the world they move on for less money it constantly happening. Let's not act like Maguire is anything but money hungry for not taking the move. He could of helped his situation if he thought it was worth it. Instead he decided the money was worth the scrutiny he is currently getting.

mancan92

Pure conjecture. Nobody knows why a transfer didn't materialise. It is just pure speculation that has been bandied about enough now that some people see it as truth.
It's not conjecture it was reported everywhere and released by west ham. He chose money there's no other reason he didn't move.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Many players in fact most players don't get their contracts paid off. Literally all over the world they move on for less money it constantly happening. Let's not act like Maguire is anything but money hungry for not taking the move. He could of helped his situation if he thought it was worth it. Instead he decided the money was worth the scrutiny he is currently getting.
Good for those players. It doesn't mean Maguire deserves to be jeered every single touch of the ball he gets in every stadium and talked about by politicians and mocked worldwide. It's not his fault at all that that's happening and he doesn't have to piss off to West Ham on half the wages United offered him for that to be wrong.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don't think anyone's arguing his footballing ability. He isn't good enough. That's clear.

It's the excessive treatment by media and social media that has now transferred to the stadiums.
There's nothing excessive about his treatment apart from his dumbass defenders trying to make him out to be a martyr when he's just a shite player out of his depth who just refuses to admit it to himself and the world.

Chief among them is the clown Southgate who is a loser of the same sort of level, so he defends his pathetic lack of ambition and feeds this guy's ego and delusion.

Leethal

There's nothing excessive about his treatment apart from his dumbass defenders trying to make him out to be a martyr when he's just a shite player out of his depth who just refuses to admit it to himself and the world.

Chief among them is the clown Southgate who is a loser of the same sort of level, so he defends his pathetic lack of ambition and feeds this guy's ego and delusion.
What do you want him to do? Retire? He sits on the bench and doesn't kick up a huge stink. Granted, he's paid a lot - but that's on the club, not him. What do you want him to do, walk in and ask for a pay cut?

If you were in his situation, would you walk away from millions? Like feck you would. And that applies to anyone here who complains about him in regard to money.

mancan92

What do you want him to do? Retire? He sits on the bench and doesn't kick up a huge stink. Granted, he's paid a lot - but that's on the club, not him. What do you want him to do, walk in and ask for a pay cut?

If you were in his situation, would you walk away from millions? Like feck you would. And that applies to anyone here who complains about him in regard to money.
I would if I was already a huge multi millionaire and will continue to earn over 120k a week.

If it meant me, my family, friends etc had a chance at a better and new situation. Whilst still earning ridiculous money yes 10000%.

To act like he has no option is beyond a joke. He can be in a better situation but chose not to.

Leethal

I would if I was already a huge multi millionaire and will continue to earn over 120k a week.

If it meant me, my family, friends etc had a chance at a better and new situation. Whilst still earning ridiculous money yes 10000%.

To act like he has no option is beyond a joke. He can be in a better situation but chose not to.
Where's the guarantee that he will have a better situation if he moves? It's pretty toxic out there in regard to him, currently. What if the new club fans kick off and say they don't want him? There's no guarantee he will be in any better situation, at all.

He is clearly not the most likable person. I can't imagine he would have much success in the media or coaching after his career ends. Why would he not maximise his earnings? I also think you're being slightly disingenuous when you say you'd happily walk away from millions. I know I wouldn't, irrespective of my financial position.

clarkydaz

its literally what players do every summer when they realise they dont belong at a club anymore, by your logic no footballer would move until the end of their contract. They resurrect their career elsewhere. Not this guy though, manager doesnt want him, club accepted a fee and he still stayed to sit on his arse for another year. Funny he isnt a quivering little puppy when money is on the table though, he made his choice and can take all the shit that comes his way for it

MoskvaRed

Maguire would be in a much better situation if he had foregone some of his United contract money and moved to West Ham - regular football at a top 10 club (with a PL salary), much less scrutiny and greater chance of keeping his England place. I feel sorry for him as it is getting like bear-baiting with all the abuse but he has been too stubborn (or greedy) for his own good.

doomy20

I wasn’t a fan of the Maguire bashing in the past.
Since he refused the move to West Ham due to money I think he deserves the bashing.

Rightnr

He made his bed by refusing to go West Ham and now he can lie in it.

Hopefully, he can feck off in January and we don't ever have to hear Southgate cry into his cornflakes and make up ridiculous agendas about him being subject to some imaginary witch hunt ever again.

Edit: one final point which speaks to his lack of intelligence/foresight.

He might have 'lost' money from his United contract but if he got an extra 2/3 years after its end, he would be better off compared to being sidelined at United for this and potentially next season and being Lingarded out of the PL.

He somehow seems to think he can just continue with his club and country career if he totally bombs this season as well. Just outright delusional. Hopefully, Southgate finally fecks off after the euros as well and the new manager tells Maguire exactly where he (doesn't) fit in his plans.

FerociousCorgis

He made his bed by refusing to go West Ham and now he can lie in it.

Hopefully, he can feck off in January and we don't ever have to hear Southgate cry into his cornflakes and make up ridiculous agendas about him being subject to some imaginary witch hunt ever again.

Edit: one final point which speaks to his lack of intelligence/foresight.

He might have 'lost' money from his United contract but if he got an extra 2/3 years after its end, he would be better off compared to being sidelined at United for this and potentially next season and being Lingarded out of the PL.

He somehow seems to think he can just continue with his club and country career if he totally bombs this season as well. Just outright delusional. Hopefully, Southgate finally fecks off after the euros as well and the new manager tells Maguire exactly where he (doesn't) fit in his plans.
after the euros? With how things are going why should maguire even be in the euros. Wasnt like maguire had a super strong showing this past window as is. There are plenty of options for southgate at CB.

JB7

There very clearly is, no other footballer currently in the game has the spotlight on his every move on the football pitch to the point where he gets blamed for a goal every time his team concedes, even if, like Saturday for example, he's the only player in the picture doing his actual job and tracking the attacker. If you can't see that you've either got your head buried so far inside your arse you're wearing yourself like a hat or you're part of the Ladbible type mob who just enjoy mocking a bloke who is still a better footballer than 99.9% of other professional footballers for the abhorrent crime of not being good enough for Manchester United as if that's his fault.

Or both, to be fair they are probably linked.

Rightnr

after the euros? With how things are going why should maguire even be in the euros. Wasnt like maguire had a super strong showing this past window as is. There are plenty of options for southgate at CB.
You'll see no argument from me but Gareth is on a crusade to get Maguire there, irrespective of him not playing for his club

Rightnr

There very clearly is, no other footballer currently in the game has the spotlight on his every move on the football pitch to the point where he gets blamed for a goal every time his team concedes, even if, like Saturday for example, he's the only player in the picture doing his actual job and tracking the attacker. If you can't see that you've either got your head buried so far inside your arse you're wearing yourself like a hat or you're part of the Ladbible type mob who just enjoy mocking a bloke who is still a better footballer than 99.9% of other professional footballers for the abhorrent crime of not being good enough for Manchester United as if that's his fault.

Or both, to be fair they are probably linked.
Cry me a river. Or better yet, record it and send it to Maguire. He might send you one back with him cupping his ears.

The guy has failed time and again and he still gets defended. Outside England, he won't even get a mention if top 200 CBs in Europe are brought up.

And in no universe is he a better footballer than 99.9% of those playing professionally but I guess I know where you lie on the Maguire delusion scale.

padzilla

Hipster
I am no fan of Southgate but anyone who boos a player turning out for the side they support is a complete moron.

JB7

Cry me a river. Or better yet, record it and send it to Maguire. He might send you one back with him cupping his ears.

The guy has failed time and again and he still gets defended. Outside England, he won't even get a mention if top 200 CBs in Europe are brought up.

And in no universe is he a better footballer than 99.9% of those playing professionally but I guess I know where you lie on the Maguire delusion scale.
So you're both then.

I'm no great fan of Maguire, he shouldn't be at the club. But yeah, pretty much anyone playing in the Premier League is in the top 99.9% of people who are played to the play the game. But that said, I'm sure you're probably of the view he would get in Dartford's reserve team so we should all listen to your completely objective viewpoint.

Giggsyking

It is unbelievable that he and Evans are still our CB, they both scored own goals at their last games.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

The club was going to cover up the wage difference if he were to move. Maguire wanted full £190k to be paid for the remainder of his contract.

OrcaFat

I agreed with Southgate’s comments about Maguire. The stupid stuff people say and write about him is embarrassing.

If he has a problem (and I think he does) it’s that he is trying to clear two very high bars: 1, being good enough for Utd and England (in the eyes of experts and idiots alike) and 2, being worth £80m. He falls a little short at times.

He gets more criticism for his mistakes and less credit for his good performances than, perhaps, any player I have ever known. People get pretty angry when this is pointed out to them, for some reason.

OrcaFat

The club was going to cover up the wage difference if he were to move. Maguire wanted full £190k to be paid for the remainder of his contract.
What? He wanted his full United salary on top of what West Ham were going to pay him?

It doesn’t sound right but, if it is, have you any links to a source for this, please?

Bondi77

What? He wanted his full United salary on top of what West Ham were going to pay him?

It doesn’t sound right but, if it is, have you any links to a source for this, please?
I would be interested to see the link as well.

redmanc

He does get a huge amount of criticism and sometimes unfair media attention, that said he had the opportunity to drop out of the spot light and secure a move to another club in the summer and rejected it for money, so he's only got himself to blame now.

JB7

Of course he doesn't have a link because he's completely made it up.

Dannn411

I feel zero sympathy for him in particular and I will never feel any sympathy for him. Any self-respecting player pushes for a move away ages ago. And anybody telling me he has it bad must be joking. He is practically undroppable for the national team despite doing absolutely nothing to warrant the status. He wants to keep earning the big bucks while doing nothing to justify his wages? Then he must learn to deal with the totally warranted criticism. He's lucky he doesn't play for other big clubs on the continent. He would have been banished to the reserves two years ago.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Maguire is most definitely not at fault for scoring an own goal? :lol: Good work champ!
Even both commentators last night said the same, Maguire wasn't at fault, he had to get something on the ball otherwise it was probably going to be a goal anyhow.

But it's fine, people seem to be blinded when it comes to Maguire.

mancan92

I agreed with Southgate’s comments about Maguire. The stupid stuff people say and write about him is embarrassing.

If he has a problem (and I think he does) it’s that he is trying to clear two very high bars: 1, being good enough for Utd and England (in the eyes of experts and idiots alike) and 2, being worth £80m. He falls a little short at times.

He gets more criticism for his mistakes and less credit for his good performances than, perhaps, any player I have ever known. People get pretty angry when this is pointed out to them, for some reason.
When was the last time he had a good game? Genuinely? He hasn't actually had a good game since 2021

Stadjer

Even both commentators last night said the same, Maguire wasn't at fault, he had to get something on the ball otherwise it was probably going to be a goal anyhow.

It might not be his fault because of his limitations but a defender who is half a step quicker (that would still be a slow defender) or a defender less clumsy will put his feet behind that ball in a way it wont go into his own goal. Sure, that own goal could still happen to any defender but somehow situations like that keep happening to Maguire. Bad luck the first times but after a while you do need to have a look at the person who is always involved in it.

Also im not sure it would have been a goal. The goalkeeper might have been able to stop the cross and there was another defender in the box too. Surely it wasnt 100% a goal.

OrcaFat

When was the last time he had a good game? Genuinely? He hasn't actually had a good game since 2021
He’s done fine for England in that period. Not up to the mark for us, of course, but hasn’t played that much.

fallengt

I'd walk if teams offered me 4 years contract.
He may earn more now but after 2 years, no team will want to sign a backup player and pay him premium wage.
If he had left he would have a stable carrier & income beyond 2 years instead of being a washed up and blaming internet for your idiotic carrier suicidal choice . Opportunity cost, It'd be a net gain overall, unless he plans to retire in 2 years then fair

Last edited:

Ananke

Blinded? Funny coming from the person blaming trippier and not the player who constantly puts the ball in the back of his own net. It’s always someone else fault other than Maguire whenever he makes a mistake for ‘some people’.

The reason Maguire can get blamed for so much, is because he’s always involved in a sloppy error or an absolute muck up. How many times does it take for this to happen before you start piecing the pieces together? At this point I genuinely feel anybody defending this guy is just trolling.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
He's not kicking up a fuss, i don't know if it is a good thing. Most top-tier players want to play and will do everything to win their spot,if they realize they are not going to pick they move elsewhere sometimes for less money.

I used to have sympathy for him until he refused to move to West Ham, he had the chance for a fresh start where there was less pressure, and less scrutiny, and West Ham would have probably fit him because they play a low block. He rejected all these for more money, that probably shows where his priority lies. He made his bed, he should lie on it.

Chief123

That’s some serious reaching to remove any blame from Maguire for that goal. There couldn’t be a more blinded view. The irony of your post.

A defender who is sharper, less lethargic and more agile doesn’t do what Maguire did. They actually cut out the ball properly and not stick it into the back of net.

city-puma

There are a sizable portion of so-called Manchester United supporters here who should shame themselves! Maguire is a manutd player regardless whether he is good or bad in playing football. If he plays, supporters should show their support. You can criticize his performance or ability but personal attacks are just blatantly wrong. It’s not lack of but void of humanity.
The most ridiculous and stupid thing those “supporters” have been doing here is to embrace the narratives the media are riding on, pushing and fueling further. They want that happen even though it meant to damage man utd.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
There’s a difference between thinking for yourself and thinking you’re right. You’ve demonstrated the latter quite well.
I think for myself and judge players based on performances. There have been plenty of times where I have called harry out. I just don't call him out when he doesn't deserve it. And if you think that doesn't happen, you're full of it

Chief123

I think for myself and judge players based on performances. There have been plenty of times where I have called harry out. I just don't call him out when he doesn't deserve it. And if you think that doesn't happen, you're full of it
Yes you keep harping on and reminding us that you think for yourself. Thinking for yourself doesn’t warrant a trophy. Many who think for themselves still have stupid views.