6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
These guys who think what's happening to Maguire is fine, that he deserves it, should keep quiet etc

Anybody even slightly disagrees with them on an internet forum and they're taking serious umbridge, name calling.

Maguires mum says something and they're offended. Brendan Rodgers says something and they're not haply.

As we know in life, the loudest are often the most sensitive of souls.

If you can't handle somebody on Redcafe disagreeing with you I doubt you'd last five mins in Maguire's shoes.

Maybe give the guy a break with that in mind?
They definitely wouldn't.

Marwood

Oh, we should keep quiet because you are indirectly offended?

Pathetic stuff. I suggest logging off because that's not how forums work.
Indirectly offended? Not sure what you mean. Nothing to be offended by. Dissapointed by human behaviour sure.

Despite thinking Maguire is fair game for all this criticism and anybody who disagrees is "weak as piss" I don't think you and all the others would handle it particularlywell.

You guys are struggling with anybody who simply disagrees with you on the internet . Look at all the name calling from you. It's fine, go at it, but the hypocrisy is huge.

It's like fans who give a player shit all game, he makes the slightest reaction back and they're hysterical.

mancan92

What the feck is this dickhead talking about.

England fans gave him shit because he was playing shit for United.
Wait what is he talking about it all started with maguire getting arrested in Greece. Then came back from the world cup and played liked crap for us and decided to do the ears celebration to the England fans. The reasons England hated him is because of what he did.

crossy1686

career ending
Wait what is he talking about it all started with maguire getting arrested in Greece. Then came back from the world cup and played liked crap for us and decided to do the ears celebration to the England fans. The reasons England hated him is because of what he did.
Yeah, pretty much spot on, but you missed the part where despite playing like absolute shit as the captain of Manchester United and making mistakes in every game to cost us points he then came out after every loss and told us that everyone needs to improve and that he's been good because managers keep picking him.

And despite him being absolute dogshit, the manager of England keeps picking him then gaslighting the fans who say he's shit when he plays shit.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah, pretty much spot on, but you missed the part where despite playing like absolute shit as the captain of Manchester United and making mistakes in every game to cost us points he then came out after every loss and told us that everyone needs to improve and that he's been good because managers keep picking him.

And despite him being absolute dogshit, the manager of England keeps picking him then gaslighting the fans who say he's shit when he plays shit.
Yeah I think many people are forgetting this. Part of why Maguire is so loathed by many isn’t just that he’s shit (we’ve had countless shit players in recent years), it’s that as a captain he’s refused to ever take any sort of accountability for anything he’s done poorly. I’d even say personally I’d probably have more sympathy for him if he came out and admitted that he was a train wreck at timea and has to be better etc, but he’s never done it even once. Instead he’s basically puffed his chest and told everyone they are wrong and the managers pick him for a reason, along with getting everyone in the media to stick up for a guy that at this point has been making a memeable mistake almost every game he’s played in the past couple of years. By doing this you’re basically going to buy yourself 0 goodwill from any fan besides some top reds or England fans that still think he’s great.

This “abuse” isn’t something that happened overnight like so many seem to act like it has, it’s a build up of annoyances that has snowballed into full on loathing in recent times.

spiriticon

He scores stupid own goals, gives away fouls incessantly and seems to like tackling his own teammates.

Harry Maguire is the comedy gift that on giving. It's not us fans, it's him.

Winrar

Yeah I think many people are forgetting this. Part of why Maguire is so loathed by many isn’t just that he’s shit (we’ve had countless shit players in recent years), it’s that as a captain he’s refused to ever take any sort of accountability for anything he’s done poorly. I’d even say personally I’d probably have more sympathy for him if he came out and admitted that he was a train wreck at timea and has to be better etc, but he’s never done it even once. Instead he’s basically puffed his chest and told everyone they are wrong and the managers pick him for a reason, along with getting everyone in the media to stick up for a guy that at this point has been making a memeable mistake almost every game he’s played in the past couple of years. By doing this you’re basically going to buy yourself 0 goodwill from any fan besides some top reds or England fans that still think he’s great.

This “abuse” isn’t something that happened overnight like so many seem to act like it has, it’s a build up of annoyances that has snowballed into full on loathing in recent times.
You took those words right out of my mouth. Excellently put.

Josep Dowling

Agree with this 100%.

crossy1686

career ending

Yeah totally agree. The worst part is that I find it really hard to feel sorry for him. The other night he plays in a friendly he has no fecking business playing in when there's lads on the bench who deserve a run out, plays fairly okay, but not 'good', scores an own goal and gets some shit, then the England manager comes out and gaslights us for Scotland laughing at him. I didn't fecking pick him, I didn't score an own goal because I couldn't sort my feet out quick enough. Southgate should be talking to himself with those comments he made.

If Maguire comes out and says he's having a hard time, he accepts he's been poor for a while now, wants to take a step back, knuckle down and be out of the reckoning for England and United for a couple of weeks until he's back up to speed I'd have a tremendous amount of respect for him for having humility and self awareness. But no, he does the 'I'm fine' act and will probably tackle his own players again this weekend against Brighton, or cup his ears if he gets a goal in the 3rd round of the League cup against Kidderminster.

RedDevilQuebecois

Voilà.

How can anybody be deemed as a respectable adult if there is no sense of accountability shown by that person? Only a child would say it's never his fault, and that's the kind of behavior that will draw loathing.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

feck me. When Karius made some hilarious clangers in the Champions League final, leading to him getting memed up by opposition fans, and receiving death threats from some of his own supporters, you didn't see anywhere this level of public sympathy for him. But because Maguire is British, you see managers, pundits etc sticking up for him whilst also laying the blame at the door of United fans.

"Created by his own club's supporters"? Get fecked you David Brent parody.

fallengt

Tbf, not all abuse come from United fans. As you could see from Scot vs Eng match, Scotland supporters laughed at Harry because even they knew he's a walking meme. United fans would roll their eyes whenever they see Harry in the team lineup, not satirically cheering at him as Arsenal, Scotland and thoer teams' supporters did.

In this Tiktok age, people make fun of everyone for views, it happens that United related contents get most clicks.
If he was playing for West Ham, no one would care. He was offered an out but he chose against it so this excuse doesn't work.

Last edited:

Ananke

These guys who think what's happening to Maguire is fine, that he deserves it, should keep quiet etc

Anybody even slightly disagrees with them on an internet forum and they're taking serious umbridge, name calling.

Maguires mum says something and they're offended. Brendan Rodgers says something and they're not haply.

If you can't handle somebody on Redcafe disagreeing with you I doubt you'd last five mins in Maguire's shoes.

Oh the irony in your posts is just hilarious.

Redstain

feck me. When Karius made some hilarious clangers in the Champions League final, leading to him getting memed up by opposition fans, and receiving death threats from some of his own supporters, you didn't see anywhere this level of public sympathy for him. But because Maguire is British, you see managers, pundits etc sticking up for him whilst also laying the blame at the door of United fans.

"Created by his own club's supporters"? Get fecked you David Brent parody.
Exactly, the same with Grealish and his off-field antics. If a player of a multi-cultural background did the same the media would have tarnished their image a long time ago.

Maguire as others have posted has oftentimes been the cause of his own downfall.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils

It's hard to be supportive of a player that's costing us goal after goal like this.

Marwood

Oh the irony in your posts is just hilarious.
You've missed the point. I'm not saying I'm above criticism, that I wouldn't react defensively when questioned. Done it here plenty of times.

What I'm saying is there's a bunch here(including yourself?) who think Maguire and anybody who doesn't like the treatment of him is soft or weak.

Yet they(like me) can barely handle one person on an internet forum disagreeing with them without lashing out in some snide way.

That's irony. That's hypocrisy.

Oddboy

It's hard to be supportive of a player that's costing us goal after goal like this.
It's OK to be beaten by an intricate passing move, but the sheer amount of times he's created chances for the opposition team from him being in fecking posession is outrageous.

Strats

His “I’ve got nothing to prove” - attitude is despicable. I find it toxic to have someone like that in a squad, especially being a captain at the time of the statement.

All players have something to prove, at least to show themselves and their surroundings that they can maintain the level they claim to, or previously shown that they have. Sends fine signals to youngsters with that attitude.

Grande

He scores stupid own goals, gives away fouls incessantly and seems to like tackling his own teammates.

Harry Maguire is the comedy gift that on giving. It's not us fans, it's him.
You wrote this post. It’s not ‘He’, it’s not ‘us fans’. It’s you. Take responsibility for your own actions.

JediSith

Self awareness isn’t your strong point.

Sylar

I haven't really followed much. What abuse has he got?
Southgate seemed to mention pundits but didn't specifically mention any. Which pundits have abused him?
Some are blaming united fans but are they talking about social media where it's been worse for a longer time from opposition fans?

Have I missed something obvious? Were not talking about the iconic cheers from Scotland and arsenal fans and blaming united are we?

Can somebody catch me up?

Kellyiom

You've got to think Harry is being badly advised, that the influence of his family is part of the problem and that so much of it is traceable to the England thing.

A decent - maybe even good - defender in the right sort of set-up, but horribly over-hyped at the time, ridiculously over-priced and always with the limitations we've seen. Making him captain, the holiday incident and the almost perma-crisis that surrounds the club have all compounded this, and made him very exposed, however, he has choices here.

Joining West Ham was such an obviously right move for all - a chance for him to repair the damage to his reputation and get a decent shot at a further couple of years as a first choice with England - and, assuming he had the option to move, he should've done that. A stubborn, deluded, belief in his ability and prioritising the short-term salary looks like it will make everything worse.

He's made the wrong choice and it's hard to have much sympathy.
Totally agree with you. It's a very short term view I think. With the way he's going, he may well have a couple of very highly paid years but could well find his value absolutely crater.
It's a cliché but very likely true, footballer seeks advice from the wrong sources or maybe only acts on advice they want to hear.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Totally agree.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Getting bored now of people defending Maguire place in the England side based on a good performance in a tournament 2 years ago in 21 and the world cup of 2018, football changes fast and a player can quickly be great one season and terrible the next.
I can't see any posters doing that here. Most people are bemused at best that Southgate keeps viewing Maguire as an automatic first team choice.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Not very often, but he at least once.

"Last season at club level, my performances weren't good enough."

marktan

Rodgers is right. United fans and a lot on here are exactly the reason for a lot of the abuse. They go way overboard, and today that an echo chamber of hate and vitrol spreads like a cancer on social media. He's become a meme created by United fans that now gets used by other club fans. It's disgraceful.

Yeah he's been poor of late and measured ciriticism is fair but the pile on herd mentality you get with social media shows it's teeth in many instances and movements looking for something to collectively hate. At the end of the day it comes down to one thing - humans are a fickle and stupid bunch and would happily burn random women as witches if they thought they could get away with it. They can't do they run around hating and memeing others in the sad hope that it'll distract them from their own lives for a little while.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Despite thinking Maguire is fair game for all this criticism and anybody who disagrees is "weak as piss" I don't think you and all the others would handle it particularlywell.

You guys are struggling with anybody who simply disagrees with you on the internet . Look at all the name calling from you. It's fine, go at it, but the hypocrisy is huge.
citizen-kane-clapping.gif

Ted Lasso

Pretty sure slabs has received less stick from the fans than Fellaini who handled it incredibly gracefully.

Whatever, rather Maguire than Sancho at this point.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The strange thing for me is Maguire has never refused to play, has never questioned the manager, has never not been available, has stated several times he wants to play every game and will work hard in training to do so, has fronted up to the ridiculous criticism he has received, has never shied away.

Yet United fans pile on him more than most.
If anything it's a damning indictment of where United fans are with the club. Most would rather loathe and hate a player that has been a model professional, yet on the other hand support a player who systematically let the club down by tainting it's reputation.

It's a shame that football has basically come to this, a herd mentality on social media, whereby there's no shade or no nuances, it's either the player is God like or they are thrown to the lions with memes.
Embarrassing all round really.

Redcy

are people really coming out and crying about him getting stick on social media?? I’d understand if he was getting abuse at the ground, which largely he doesn’t, the media are still giving him the benefit of the doubt, and if anything it’s opposition fans who are goading him the most. If the only place these people are upset about is fans on social media then they need to get into the 21st century. Like it or not SM is a cesspit for every public figure, every idea, every political talking point.

people are saying beckham didn’t get this level of abuse are plain wrong, he got it, not from keyboard warriors but actually in his face. I remember the banners and chants, including those at England games ffs. I remember the effigies oilutside grounds, when England wee on the road, the people saying he hoped his kids died of cancer, all sorts of horrendous stuff.

If maguire wants to avoid most of the vitriol as far as I can tell he just needs to stay away from SM. Most of the boos I have heard about were on preseason away games?

Do I think he deserves all the nastiness, not really, but it’s not like he has to encounter much of it.

crossy1686

career ending
Rodgers is right. United fans and a lot on here are exactly the reason for a lot of the abuse. They go way overboard, and today that an echo chamber of hate and vitrol spreads like a cancer on social media. He's become a meme created by United fans that now gets used by other club fans. It's disgraceful.

Yeah he's been poor of late and measured ciriticism is fair but the pile on herd mentality you get with social media shows it's teeth in many instances and movements looking for something to collectively hate. At the end of the day it comes down to one thing - humans are a fickle and stupid bunch and would happily burn random women as witches if they thought they could get away with it. They can't do they run around hating and memeing others in the sad hope that it'll distract them from their own lives for a little while.
Yes, all the Scotland fans in the crowd earlier this week were all United fans. The Arsenal fans last week were also United fans pretending to be Arsenal fans just so they could boo Harry Maguire when he came on the pitch. I've never known fans go to these extremes just to abuse their own player.

Mike Smalling

Will be good once this guy leaves the club. I honestly can't wait. No other club has this much fecking drama over their fifth choice center-back. This is the ultimate cliché, but it's only because he's English and once played well for the national team. The media and pundits wouldn't give two shits, if he was any other nationality, but they are desperate to go to bat for England's Harry.

Also, is Maguire really subject to abuse on social media, or is it just the usual memes and fail compilations? Because there is a huge difference between that, and what the likes of Saka and Rashford got after the Euro's - actual vicious abuse.

Lyng

Will be good once this guy leaves the club. I honestly can't wait. No other club has this much fecking drama over their fifth choice center-back. This is the ultimate cliché, but it's only because he's English and once played well for the national team. The media and pundits wouldn't give two shits, if he was any other nationality, but they are desperate to go to bat for England's Harry.

Also, is Maguire really subject to abuse on social media, or is it just the usual memes and fail compilations? Because there is a huge difference between that, and what the likes of Saka and Rashford got after the Euro's - actual vicious abuse.
Spot on. You can add what Vini Jr has been facing in Spain to that list as well.

Conor

He's had the opportunity to leave, and he didn't take it. Playing shite because you're not playing regular football is a fairly normal thing, he's never going to get back to his best levels until he's playing every week, which he turned down the opportunity to do.

The level of abuse he is getting is not nice for him or his family, but he's always been in control of that, and it's of his own doing. Utd fans don't just start abusing people because they're crap, if they did then most of our team would have been getting dogs abuse for years.