6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's not just about defending Maguire. It's about defending standards of conduct. The sensible people can't let the overconfident crazy people take over.

Because this didn't start nor will it end with Maguire.

It's a really horrible adult version of schoolyard bullying. Has to be socially clamped down on.
There's no bullying. The guy is shit at his job, it's just for the general public to see it and laugh at it.

I just wonder what kind of world some of you live in if some of this stuff is considered abuse. Weak as piss, honestly.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I live in a country where their own league is far more important and the PL isn’t as big a focus and I work with people who shout “Harry Mah-gwai-Ah” every time someone makes a mistake.

It’s polemic and it’s not going away.

Marwood

There's no bullying. The guy is shit at his job, it's just for the general public to see it and laugh at it.

I just wonder what kind of world some of you live in if some of this stuff is considered abuse. Weak as piss, honestly.
You know what is weak as piss? Joining in name calling just so you can be part of a gang. Be it an online gang, a gang in a stadium or a pub. Real herd mentality stuff this. I best most don't even know why they're booing, they just want to join in.

Like Trump and his acolytes and the silly name calling and chanting they do. Reminds me of that.

You have to grow up at some point or at least let the grown ups be in charge.

It's bizzare to see you pretending this happens in everyday life.

Chief123

No one is defending the abuse Havertz gets week in week out because he's German and doesn't have the connections.
To be fair Havertz doesn’t get abuse. Everyone including sensible Arsenal fans have accepted he’s shit and are at peace with it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If Beckham had to endure what he had to endure, Maguire screwing up the Euro can be catastrophic for himself. He really needs to be taken off the spotlight...

Rightnr

You know what is weak as piss? Joining in name calling just so you can be part of a gang. Be it an online gang, a gang in a stadium or a pub. Real herd mentality stuff this. I best most don't even know why they're booing, they just want to join in.

Like Trump and his acolytes and the silly name calling and chanting they do. Reminds me of that.

You have to grow up at some point or at least let the grown ups be in charge.

It's bizzare to see you pretending this happens in everyday life.
Wtf are you on about?

You have no clue about my beliefs, personal and professional and you go on some crazy rant because I think Maguire is shit at football (which is not name calling btw).

If I were to warrant a guess about you (since you love doing to it for me), I'd guess you have zero leadership responsibility, shit standards at work and generally lack ambition.

There's some absolute weirdos on this board but this takes the cake.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He should have took the Sancho route rather than trying his best and fighting for his place. He'd have got far less abuse for it.

FerociousCorgis

Never seen a player get defended so vigorously in the media. It's honestly absurd at this point, because we all know if Maguire was French or some other random nationality no one would bat an eye at the fans that are sick of his bullshit.
yeah at this point i have to agree. the "abuse" he is getting is ridiculously light, and isnt really what should be classified as abuse. Abuse would be people going to his home, going after him in his daily life while hes out with his family. Dude gets booed like once and people post things online about his lack of skill and people are falling over themselves trying to defend him. If only Maguire had this much defense in him he might actually get playing time.

clarkydaz

Never seen a player get defended so vigorously in the media. It's honestly absurd at this point, because we all know if Maguire was French or some other random nationality no one would bat an eye at the fans that are sick of his bullshit.
I remember when Rooney was poor for us at the end, it was a United problem so they didnt care and ignored it. When the penny dropped seeing how bad he was for England they turned on him in a flash. Same might happen here

Lee565

Getting bored now of people defending Maguire place in the England side based on a good performance in a tournament 2 years ago in 21 and the world cup of 2018, football changes fast and a player can quickly be great one season and terrible the next.

fezzerUTD

There was an effigy of him hung, I don't remember one being burned.

The guy has had bomb threats to his family home, been booed by his own fans, even mocked in the Ghanaian parliament which is an overboard level to those who don't get a cheap thrill from a pile on.
Sorry you are right (hanging is just as bad imo).Maguire not close to getting this kind of treatment. Yet folks saying this is the worst bullying they’ve seen. :houllier:

AlexUTD

He had the chance to go to West Ham with United accepting a bid and re-igniting his career as a starting CB and he chose not to. Find it hard to feel bad for him even if it is not okay to abuse players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He also doesn't help himself by overly hyping himself up.

m1tch

Think his statement reflects what was being said on here already, that he lives in a bubble and what the fans think of him isn't something that affects him at all.

So it's that, plus Southgate's assurance of being in the side no matter what, plus knowing the state of United each year with injuries, what explains why he turned down West Ham in favour of his United contract.

Ghirahim

He brought this on himself, he makes a mistake almost every game.

Marwood

Wtf are you on about?

You have no clue about my beliefs, personal and professional and you go on some crazy rant because I think Maguire is shit at football (which is not name calling btw).

If I were to warrant a guess about you (since you love doing to it for me), I'd guess you have zero leadership responsibility, shit standards at work and generally lack ambition.

Course I have a clue about your beliefs. You think what's going on with Maguire is ok. I don't know most things about you but you think I or anybody else shouldn't draw something from that? Not how humans work I'm afraid.

The debate isn't that you think Maguire is shit. You can't seriously believe that's the problem. In fact I'm sure you know that isn't the debate here. You're almost backtracking here.

The problem is that you and thousands of others feel the need to tell the guy, over and over, across various platforms that he's shit. Year after year.

Pretending this is normal in regular life is absurd. You're trying to justify it.

The only place this does happen is in cases of bullying. People being targeted year after year for no particular reason, just for being who they are.

Nobody in regular life gets heckled and the piss taken by thousands year after year because despite trying they're not top level at their job.

So I say grow up a bit. Own what you're doing. Don't crack on there's a disagreement here just because you think Maguire is shit. It's because you're repeatedly, systematically targeting one individual with insluts and mockery.

I'm strong on this not because of Maguire as such but because you can see this behaviour becoming normalised everywhere.

Melville Red

Wtf are you on about?

Exactly, if you were as shit at your job as Harry is at his you would either be downgraded to a more suitable role or shown the door, exactly what United wanted to do with Harry but he wouldn’t go to West Ham because of his contract, if he had gone this discussion wouldn't be happening.
Is Harry having dinner with his mummy tonight?

glasgow 21

Why are they even asking questions about Maguire in a press conference with a Northern Irish manager of a Scottish team?
Exactly , its "Boot United Train " everyone wants a shot.
If the ex Liverpool , Leicester Celtic manager isn't happy enough that we gave him 80m then he should shut up and get Celtic to buy him …….yep I hear the tumbleweed.

JediSith

Harry Maguire’s mum issuing a statement about him really isn’t going to do him any favours. It’s only going to enforce the image that people have of him and his family.

Melville Red

Harry Maguire’s mum issuing a statement about him really isn’t going to do him any favours. It’s only going to enforce the image that people have of him and his family.
The only image I have of him is unfortunately of him playing football in a United shirt.
At least when he plays for England other football fans can see just what we have to put up with, Christ almighty we might even get a bit of sympathy from opposing fans :lol: who would have thought?

Rightnr

Course I have a clue about your beliefs. You think what's going on with Maguire is ok. I don't know most things about you but you think I or anybody else shouldn't draw something from that? Not how humans work I'm afraid.

The debate isn't that you think Maguire is shit. You can't seriously believe that's the problem. In fact I'm sure you know that isn't the debate here. You're almost backtracking here.

The problem is that you and thousands of others feel the need to tell the guy, over and over, across various platforms that he's shit. Year after year.

Pretending this is normal in regular life is absurd. You're trying to justify it.

The only place this does happen is in cases of bullying. People being targeted year after year for no particular reason, just for being who they are.

Nobody in regular life gets heckled and the piss taken by thousands year after year because despite trying they're not top level at their job.

So I say grow up a bit. Own what you're doing. Don't crack on there's a disagreement here just because you think Maguire is shit. It's because you're repeatedly, systematically targeting one individual with insluts and mockery.

I'm strong on this not because of Maguire as such but because you can see this behaviour becoming normalised everywhere.
Has to be one of the multiple accounts Harry's mom has on Redcafe.

Absolute craziness.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The incessant Maguire PR is one of the things that I think turns people against him.

The cheerleaders he has in the media, however he's won them over, do him no favours.

They continually bring him up, forcing the conversation onto his performances and the reasons why he's been dropped.

Unfortunately, Maguire doesn't benefit from that focus. It puts the spotlight onto all the reasons he's lost his place and makes them a conversation topic among fans.

The best thing for Maguire would be to leave Man Utd, go to a club whose style suits him and let his football do the talking.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He had the chance to go to West Ham with United accepting a bid and re-igniting his career as a starting CB and he chose not to. Find it hard to feel bad for him even if it is not okay to abuse players.
Agree with this too. He knew damn well that he was 4th choice CB here and was stripped of his captaincy yet chose to stay to get paid. Now, it’s completely his right to choose the money, but don’t go do it and then complain when people are pissed you’re still starting for England and putting up stinkers because you’ve hardly had any minutes.

AlexUTD

Agree with this too. He knew damn well that he was 4th choice CB here and was stripped of his captaincy yet chose to stay to get paid. Now, it’s completely his right to choose the money, but don’t go do it and then complain when people are pissed you’re still starting for England and putting up stinkers because you’ve hardly had any minutes.
You hit the nail on its head my friend.

Katy Cat

You've got to think Harry is being badly advised, that the influence of his family is part of the problem and that so much of it is traceable to the England thing.

A decent - maybe even good - defender in the right sort of set-up, but horribly over-hyped at the time, ridiculously over-priced and always with the limitations we've seen. Making him captain, the holiday incident and the almost perma-crisis that surrounds the club have all compounded this, and made him very exposed, however, he has choices here.

Joining West Ham was such an obviously right move for all - a chance for him to repair the damage to his reputation and get a decent shot at a further couple of years as a first choice with England - and, assuming he had the option to move, he should've done that. A stubborn, deluded, belief in his ability and prioritising the short-term salary looks like it will make everything worse.

He's made the wrong choice and it's hard to have much sympathy.

Bobski

Interesting that so many are blaming him not going this summer as the reason for this when Maguire had been memed to absurd levels long before that. Strong level of denial at play over what moved from being justified critique at one point to just targeted abuse driven by online trends.

Marwood

These guys who think what's happening to Maguire is fine, that he deserves it, should keep quiet etc

Anybody even slightly disagrees with them on an internet forum and they're taking serious umbridge, name calling.

Maguires mum says something and they're offended. Brendan Rodgers says something and they're not haply.

As we know in life, the loudest are often the most sensitive of souls.

If you can't handle somebody on Redcafe disagreeing with you I doubt you'd last five mins in Maguire's shoes.

Maybe give the guy a break with that in mind?

Devil77

Glad I am not a colleague of yours.

Rightnr

Glad I am not a colleague of yours.
Given you love defending Maguire so much, should I scream abuse about your so very insulting post?

No? Yeah, some of you just cannot grasp how ridiculous these excuses are.

Rightnr

These guys who think what's happening to Maguire is fine, that he deserves it, should keep quiet etc

Anybody even slightly disagrees with them on an internet forum and they're taking serious umbridge, name calling.

Maguires mum says something and they're offended. Brendan Rodgers says something and they're not haply.

As we know in life, the loudest are often the most sensitive of souls.

If you can't handle somebody on Redcafe disagreeing with you I doubt you'd last five mins in Maguire's shoes.

Maybe give the guy a break with that in mind?
Oh, we should keep quiet because you are indirectly offended?

Pathetic stuff. I suggest logging off because that's not how forums work.