Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

There's a strange desperation to 'strip him of the captaincy' here without knowing the full story.
Not really desperation when a lot feel he never should've been handed it in the first place in his first season.

Getting arrested for whatever reason doesn't exactly help things

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bald heads, beer bellies, sun burn and tattoos.

Brits abroad!
That's not fair, that's brits in cheap holidays areas. The vast majority of none holidayer brits that I have met were perfectly normal people.

90 + 5min

Why? This makes very little sense to question him for doing something many countries, including the UK government is encouraging.
Are we really encouraging people to travel?

I said in post above:
Only because you are allowed to do something that doesn't mean it is right.

People are allowed to get drunk or smoke cigarettes but that doesn't mean it is right or healthy for that matter.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We know to little to judge him on. If he broke the rules and if he hit a police officer he should be stripped of armband and there should be discussion about putting him on transfer list. If it is some kind of missunderstanding then just move on.

What he can be questioned about is why taking a trip to Greece in this pandemic time. He should be setting a good example and staying in UK. Poor judgement.
Trying to get bin off your €80m CB for disciplinary reasons in the middle of Covid. You'd "love" to see it.

SteveW

That's not fair, that's brits in cheap holidays areas. The vast majority of none holidayer brits that I have met were perfectly normal people.
Yeah, it's just the poors init. The proletariat :rolleyes:

Classist much??

(I'm kidding of course, just trying to fit in with the self righteous nonsense in this thread)

Raw

Are there people seriously considering selling him because of this? People simply have an agenda against our best CB. If this were Fernandes you'd see none of this shite being mentioned.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Only because you are allowed to do something that doesn't mean it is right.

People are allowed to get drunk or smoke cigarettes but that doesn't mean it is right or healthy for that matter.
Actually it does. Your moral code is not the law.

Appealing to health is a fallacy.

Revaulx

Fair enough, I'm too young to comment on Robbo but in the PL era there's surely no contest. Four PL titles, two FA cups and even if he missed that 99 final, he played a big big part in getting us there.
Robbo was a phenomenal “leader by example” but I don’t recall his leadership skill set extending much beyond that.

Buchan was a complete contrast. He really did exude quiet authority.

Squeaky Bumtime

We know to little to judge him on. If he broke the rules and if he hit a police officer he should be stripped of armband and there should be discussion about putting him on transfer list. If it is some kind of missunderstanding then just move on.

What he can be questioned about is why taking a trip to Greece in this pandemic time. He should be setting a good example and staying in UK. Poor judgement.
Yeah selling him would be fantastic. Delightful.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Are there people seriously considering selling him because of this? People simply have an agenda against our best CB. If this were Fernandes you'd see none of this shite being mentioned.
Very true.

Squeaky Bumtime

Him being stripped of captaincy is mentioned in about 90 percent of the posts.. It's like they're desperate for it to happen.

youmeletsfly

So he can't be captain because of an outside of football incident?
I guess it's kinda "a United captain should be an example" or something. People are so soft these days.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah, it's just the poors init. The proletariat :rolleyes:

Classist much??

(I'm kidding of course, just trying to fit in with the self righteous nonsense in this thread)
I know that you are joking but I'm not sure if it's a good idea because it could be interpreted that way and I don't really want to get into that type of debate. Now people do behave differently in different environments and will have less respect in areas that they deem "cheap". And in the case of british holidayers there is a different type of behavior when you meet some in the center of town and when you meet them in popular camping sites.

clarkydaz

Because he would twat everyone involved and demand more from them lying on the floor

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Yeah it's strange. Apart from the irrational feelings of selling him because of this, it's also irrational since we're pretty weak on centerbacks as it is.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Agreed. A higher class of thuggery is what we need. On a personal level, I'd like to see more while-collar crime as well, to really separate ourselves from the chaff.
That's how you get into the Messi and Ronaldo crime bracket to be fair. Aspirational.
:lol: :lol:
At least we have a bit of excitement during the transfer window.
Random thread pops up out of nowhere and threatens to be the gem of the year!

90 + 5min

Trying to get bin off your €80m CB for disciplinary reasons in the middle of Covid. You'd "love" to see it.
Yeah selling him would be fantastic. Delightful.
Well, as I said. IF he hit a police officer I don't think we should be defending him.

Actually it does. Your moral code is not the law.

Appealing to health is a fallacy.
Moral code is not a law. You are right. But you can't say that it is good to smoke or get drunk. I took that as an example when I said that because something is not forbidden it isn't always right thing to do.

Smithy89

Should never have signed him, but that's a completely different debate and discussion.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Bit early to pile in on him. Let the facts come out - wouldn't surprise me if he's let home with a fine just to get out of there.

SteveW

I know that you are joking but I'm not sure if it's a good idea because it could be interpreted that way and I don't really want to get into that type of debate. Now people do behave differently in different environments and will have less respect in areas that they deem "cheap". And in the case of british holidayers there is a different type of behavior when you meet some in the center of town and when you meet them in popular camping sites.
Yeah, I was fecking around hence the white text. I understand what you meant.

Pretty much any genuine comment can be twisted into something horrible these days. It stops us from having decent conversations and learning anything.

I sometimes can't figure out whether it's best to directly point this out or satarise it like I tried to do (probably badly)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Manchester United are refusing to pay Maguire's bail in one lump sum. They are proposing to pay half up front, and spread the rest across five years in equal annual payments. The prosecutor's fee also appears to be a sticking point.

Maguire appeared happy to stay there for 1 year as well and not submitted an official appeal request.
:lol:

Chief123

Apparently Woodward has started negotiations with Greek police for Macguire‘s release. Romano believes negotiations could take a while and its most likely he’ll be released in time for the Euros.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why him? It's not about him being a keeper but he's not a captain material at all imo.
I think that he is. But i must admit that i have agenda regarding this topic. Giving captaincy to player who just came in club is something which i still can't accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.