Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Over the odds or not solid signing. Good addition to have.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
He's not worth £85m but he's a very good defender which we desperately needed.

You'll get people moaning on here, but I'm very happy with it.

Who is the Maguire replacement?
That Turkish bloke with the weird face.
Soyuncu, probably with Evans switching to his favoured left side
He's nowhere near VVD's level. If people put that sort of pressure in him because of the gargantuan fee then they'll be severely disappointed.

We're completely overpaying for what is a good, but not amazing upgrade on our defense.
I've watched him every week for 2 years, he will be up there

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We are robbed. But feck it, he is still a good player if we bought him for 55m. We overpaid him by 30m. But feck it. He is still good player.
We think we are robbed, but to a club of this size this could be just another investment... one of many.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
We are robbed. But feck it, he is still a good player if we bought him for 55m. We overpaid him by 30m. But feck it. He is still good player.
I read your post as him being worth 25m. Was about to send you a nasty comment. :lol:

luke511

If we didn't sign Maguire and we were to go into the season without a centreback, Woodward's head would've been on a spike in the media so he was always going to crack and pay the top dollar for him. I was critical at first of Maguire's defensive liabilities for Leicester, but I imagine playing for us we'll see a lot more of his positives rather than negatives, mainly his aerial ability for set pieces and playing out from the back. Great signing, Woodward deserves credit for delivering on Solskjaer's demands.

starman

Mental fee if upfront, but if made up of add ons, Lukaku had, PL or CL win in next 4 years, it would be worth it. 70m +15m etc

Anyway lets now put all our CBs up for transfer (bar lindelof) and see what offers we get....

Raw

Tomorrow's announcement is presumably the sacking of our entire scout network.

The only answer they could come up with for our defence was Slabhead for £80-85m.
I have a feeling we wanted someone PL proven, British and actually good. Not many players who fit that criteria.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

The only answer they could come up with for our defence was Slabhead for £80-85m.
No no, he’s the only defender in the world available for such a low fee. Can’t wait to see the meltdown when people realise that any team with pace will tear him a new one.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
fair play to the club for showing ambition and taking one of the best players off our main rivals for the season anyway.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
We think we are robbed, but to a club of this size this could be just another investment... one of many.
And when we're in a bit of a desperate position where other clubs know we want to improve over the summer, and when we're buying from a relatively decent side who can probably offer him decent terms in their own right, it's always going to be that bit harder to get the deal done and therefore will involve a bit more money. Just the way of it.

AJ10

Price is going down for United not up? WTF!!

What is this crap? Waiting for him to be earning 500k.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Just gonna have to put the fee out of our minds. He has limitations but there’s a good chance he’ll improve a defense already strengthened with AWB this summer and he looks like he’ll compliment both Lindelof and Smalling, depending on the opponent.

snowkarl

Insane transfer fee but hopefully he'll suit us really well and be our main man in defence for the next 5 seasons and provide some stability and leadership.

Another midfielder and right winger and the squad look ready to compete at the highest level again.

Adamsk7

De Gea
Wan Bissaka
Lindelöf
Maguire
Shaw

Is easily the best defence we’ve had post Fergie. It also has all four defenders playing in their natural positions for the first time in a long time too. I genuinely think Lindelof is waaaay better on the right side - he’s been decent on the left doing a job but on the right he drives forward more with the ball and is more expressive with his passing.

Good times. If the Fee is actually £80m I don’t think that’s bad - only slightly more than Pepe who is just promise at this point - Maguire is ready made

Rocknrolla69er

About fecking time, id hazard a guess leicester wernt keen on honouring Maguires gentlemans agreement until he probably kicked off abit

Great signing

Watch him carry the ball out like Rio used too

dutchred

we must be the laughing stock of the whole football world. 80M for a donkey

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Okay its 100 per cent happening. Lord Norwood has spoken.

MadMike

Let's hope he turns out to be good for us. That's a world record fee for a defender I wouldn't even put into the top defender category.

Silas

They should have all been shown the door after Fred anyway.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Now get Dybala and Mandzukic and I’ll be quietly confident going into new season.

Status
Not open for further replies.