Harry & Meghan step back from Royals - seeking financial independence

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
What final decisions?
I guess it's to do with their HRH titles and if they will lose those. Suspect this isn't so much about their freedom but more about MM not wanting to live in UK. She got her guy and he has potential to make them a lot of money.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I guess it's to do with their HRH titles and if they will lose those. Suspect this isn't so much about their freedom but more about MM not wanting to live in UK. She got her guy and he has potential to make them a lot of money.
She is Harry's equivalent to Beckham's PR savvy Spice Girl

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Possibly but can see a divorce coming in a few years time.
Yeah, I can also see that happening. He wont have much trustworthy emotional support network in N America, and everyone he meets will be have an exploitative agenda. I think he will endure some serious personality disorder issues.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Except this time... he's the Posh one!

Posh & Megs!
That has potential .... surprised none of the tabloids ran with that. Maybe they will in USA ... though Meghan would claim it's yet another personal insult!

I think Harry's N.America circumstance and challenge is quite similar to Beckham's. They should talk.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Incredible the arrogance the media have when they get called out for their bullshit. I hope Harry and Meghan take them to the cleaners and I hope they use tax payers money for their legal fees.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yeah, I can also see that happening. He wont have much trustworthy emotional support network in N America, and everyone he meets will be have an exploitative agenda. I think he will endure some serious personality disorder issues.
He's been pretty open about mental health so that's something to build on, but it seems "what Meghan wants, Meghan gets" is fitting in this situation.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I feel like wearing camo gear and carrying a machine gun 24/7 would bring its own negative attention.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Yes, suits have been emasculating men for decades!
While that post is dumb - her Twitter account confuses me in today s hyper partisan environment. She actually makes sense on some things and doesn't walk the MAGA line without second thought it seems. She appears to be very anti DeVos for instance - which I wish more conservatives would be vocal on. Still - who is she?

Anyway.. Bit OT. I digress.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I never thought I could enjoy this crap so much. I'm becoming a royalist myself. I now support one of the claimants to the Portuguese throne. He looks awesome.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I never thought I could enjoy this crap so much. I'm becoming a royalist myself. I now support one of the claimants to the Portuguese throne. He looks awesome.
With monarchies we live for scandals.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Guess you’ve seen the pictures of a topless Meg doing the rounds now.

coincidence they’ve been released and circulated at this time?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'In the old days men had the rack. Now they have the Press*.'

*not including Jippy, of course. :D

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I dunno - seems like some of the other monarchies in the world do a decent job at keeping things on the down low. You Brits basically invented (fake) drama and exported it here (thanks but not really).
I'm Norwegian :)

Google Princess Mette Marit. I don't mean the stories about Jeffrey Epstein but her past before the marriage to the crown prince. She's definitely grown with the role though.

Infra-red

But what are the people producing and selling all the royal family related trinkets gonna do? What about your national anthem? So many questions.
Jerusalem. Done.

As for the Union Jack-wearing lunatics, we'd be doing them a favour.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm Norwegian :)

Google Princess Mette Marit. I don't mean the stories about Jeffrey Epstein but her past before the marriage to the crown prince. She's definitely grown with the role though.
Damn managed to insult you in another threat by calling you a Brit. :smirk:

I'll Google it. She sounds interesting.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The fact there is more hysteria in UK over this than that Andrew fella being potentially a paedophile or a sexual predator is mental.
It's a mental world we live in. Those people raging on Twitter about Harry and Meghan's exit seriously need to get their priorities right.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The only way I believe their motivations is purely privace and not financial is if they really live a quiet secluded life in Canada or something.

But my bet is they'll come up with shenagigans like Keeping up with the "Ex" Royals TV show American Made, probably a reality show or something design to 100% exploit their lives. Some books and memoirs that promises "Behind the screen rant" while it's probably filled up with half cocked stories from Meghan sides, Meghan will have her own TV show soon for sure, you can bet on it.

And if it doesn't work like the Beckhams, they'll get divorced and harry would like his wound and back to Britain, and the taxpayers money will now be paying for ex wife support.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
@Sky1981, I really don't think their (her) reasons are privacy. Imo she hasn't settled in Britain and thinks they have an opportunity to make serious cash by explioting their royal links. They could go a similar route to the Obamas for example, after the white house. She seems to have a habit of cutting ties when it gets tough.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
@Sky1981, I really don't think their (her) reasons are privacy. Imo she hasn't settled in Britain and thinks they have an opportunity to make serious cash by explioting their royal links. They could go a similar route to the Obamas for example, after the white house. She seems to have a habit of cutting ties when it gets tough.
We shall see I guess, whatever it is we'll be hearing from them pretty much soon