Has political correctness actually gone mad?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
They're only blind mate, they still have the sense of touch which helps them to visualise things around them including other humans.
I read they mainly remember people through their smell.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I've always wondered that.

If a person goes blind through illness/accident they at least still have the concept of colour, objects etc. but to be blind from birth and to not have a clue what yellow is or something like that, blows my fecking mind.
There’s an amazing bit in a Cormac McCarthy book (all the pretty horses?) about someone who loses his sight. For years afterwards his dreams were visual until finally they faded to black as well. He basically lost his sight twice. Bleak as hell. But very nicely written and really stuck with me.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I've always wondered that.

If a person goes blind through illness/accident they at least still have the concept of colour, objects etc. but to be blind from birth and to not have a clue what yellow is or something like that, blows my fecking mind.
Helen Keller was both deaf and blind from before she was two years old, and she learned how to speak. Hell, she learned how to give speeches. She also wrote quite a few books and did a lot of other cool stuff. What a legend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:How_Helen_Keller_Learned_To_Talk.webm

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

hobbers

You'll struggle to find a scientist stupid enough to work for vox. :lol:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
This is an odd one. The photo is in peculiar taste I find, but clearly going for the au naturale, not sexy theme. You can see the pic on the link below.

NUDE ROW
Ghanian actress Akuapem Poloo who posed naked with son, 7, is jailed for ‘obscene material’ & ‘domestic violence’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16945072/akuapem-poloo-posed-naked-with-son-jailed-domestic-violence/

BBC version in pidgin as an added bonus.
www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-59495415.amp
Nice use of “canker” by the prosecution.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Hardly anyone uses the word bitch to refer to a female dog anymore so I can see how that name of that particular pub might be considered as potentially offensive.
They have a dog as logo. How do they call a female
dog in English nowadays then?

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
As far as I can find on the internet the word bitch is still used and it’s clear as day that it’s about a dog. Strange times.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Trust me, it's not. It's used in a small demographic of people who show and breed these animals. Everyone else just says dog.
So almost nobody would know that a bitch is a female dog? In that case I can understand it somehow. Still think you have to be extremely sensitive to get offended by it. I thought it was common knowledge. In Dutch the word ‘teef’ is still commonly used.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Trust me, it's not. It's used in a small demographic of people who show and breed these animals. Everyone else just says dog.
The only time I use the term is when my (female) dogs get under my feet

Move bitch, get out the way
Get out the way bitch, get out the way
Move bitch, get out the way
Get out the way bitch, get out the way…

Given my English accent it makes my wife laugh (or at least smile).

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
If I owned the pub I'd change it avoid the name being joked about 50 times a day which would be very tiresome.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
As a teen I watched a harry potter film and some evil aunt says about harry and his mom "if there's something wrong with the bitch, there's something wrong with the pup" or something like that. I remember thinking that line was pretty hardcore for a children's movie. No one knew a bitch was a female dog.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
i was TA for a course where an overzealous course instructor made students do a project on the effect of invasive plant species on ant biodiversity. every part of the project, including having untrained students randomly collect ants, was a mess.
anyway the data implied the wonderful conclusion that ant diversity is higher in areas with invasive plants. big win for vox.

NotThatSoph

As far as I can find on the internet the word bitch is still used and it’s clear as day that it’s about a dog. Strange times.
So, what happened here? You joined several Internet spaces for dog owners and asked them whether they call their female dogs bitches or dogs?

Withnail

So almost nobody would know that a bitch is a female dog? In that case I can understand it somehow. Still think you have to be extremely sensitive to get offended by it. I thought it was common knowledge. In Dutch the word ‘teef’ is still commonly used.
Nothing sensitive about it. It's straight up offensive. As @calodo2003 says it's the black part which really does it.

The main use of bitch now is as a performative term and that's the first meaning most would think of. I think it's actually a bit odd these days to hear someone call a dog by that term.

I know it's a very old pub called after a dog but very few people are going to see or hear that name and think oh it must be innocently named after a dog.