Hating Lingard

sunama

Baghdad Bob
WTF!!!
There are many reasons why Ole should be sacked, but this should be enough.
To be unable to realise a player is no good, when he is so bad, deserves instant sacking.
There are fans on this forum who have watched football for less than a year, who can tell that Lingard should not be in our squad at all, yet Ole gives him starts.
And let's not forget, our coaches are probably also suggesting that Lingard start.

From top to bottom, we are absolutely dire.
Woodward, Ole, the coaches and some of our players should be sacked.

Djemba-Djemba

The interview where he spoke about getting back to his best really really annoyed me to be honest.

He'd put in two okay performances, whilst still being our least effective attacking player, against Spurs and City and his first thought was to schedule a PR interview to talk himself up.

He can't fecking help himself.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think the hatred and abuse towards him is out of order. Love him or hate him he’s not a bad person. Football wise however he’s badly out of form, useful in certain games but he cannot keep starting games any more surely.
Can you explain which games he is useful in?
The games that we want to play with 10 men?

LJJT

Can you explain which games he is useful in?
The games that we want to play with 10 men?
Games like when we beat city and spurs, the games where we can counter attack and have space. Let’s not get silly now we’ve all seen him play well in those type of games. Sadly as a team they are few and far between though

Djemba-Djemba

Games like when we beat city and spurs, the games where we can counter attack and have space. Let’s not get silly now we’ve all seen him play well in those type of games. Sadly as a team they are few and far between though
But he's still by far our worst attacking player in those games.

People keep pointing to those games as examples of him being good but I just don't get it.

Why not bring in a player who can run about like lingard but is actually creative?

LJJT

But he's still by far our worst attacking player in those games.

People keep pointing to those games as examples of him being good but I just don't get it.

Why not bring in a player who can run about like lingard but is actually creative?
He was very good in those games come on let’s be fair. He’s probably the best player we have in that position in those type of games. But as I admit, those games/circumstances are rare. He shouldn’t start majority of our games he’d probably pick up form coming on as a sub

Djemba-Djemba

He was very good in those games come on let’s be fair. He’s probably the best player we have in that position in those type of games. But as I admit, those games/circumstances are rare. He shouldn’t start majority of our games he’d probably pick up form coming on as a sub
I just don't see it.

In games where we can defend with the low block and counter attack he's not as bad as he is usually but I just don't think you can call him "very good" in those games.

At the end of the day he's played as an attacking midfielder and he offers absolutely no creativity or quality at all.

He's come on plenty of times this season and he's been just as horrendous as when he starts. Nobody as bad as him has ever played as many games for the club, maybe Phil Jones, he has to go.

Stevies

Ole knows Lingard isn't good enough. But what should Ole do, with this squad. He should, of course, sub him before half time. But what would that do Lingards self-confidence... Until Ole gets new players his must deal with playing Lingard. Hopefully he will play Gomez instead, now that he's back!

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Didn't Lingard hint that Ole told him this season was his final chance?
Useless fecker is not fit to wear the shirt. Attacking midfielder without a goal or assist in 2019 is a disgrace.

Knowing Utd they will hand him the No 7 shirt to bring the best out of him

Alabaster Codify7

The interview where he spoke about getting back to his best really really annoyed me to be honest.

He'd put in two okay performances, whilst still being our least effective attacking player, against Spurs and City and his first thought was to schedule a PR interview to talk himself up.

He can't fecking help himself.
It's a narrative mate .
He's part of Oles philosophy of "local lads that get the club". I guarantee he'll still be here next season. Ole is trying to 'play him into form' = hoping he scores or assists so they can publicly announce his extension and payrise. It's as basic as that.

Mediocre FC

youmeletsfly

I really can't think of a worse player in a United shirt.(that played more than 20 games).

sammyhol

Unfortunately for Lingard... it is simply a matter of ability. I actually think he has a half decent football brain. He makes intelligent runs off the ball, shows in space between the lines to pick the ball up, drags people out of position to create space for others...

But when the ball gets played into his feet, it completely falls to pieces. He just does not have the ability to find a cutting pass, or beat a man with a piece of skill or quick feet, so he just plays super conservatively which usually means a sideways or backwards pass.

It is absolutely incredible that he has been able to play so many games at this level with such low ability with the ball at his feet... He is almost as old as Roy Keane was when we won the Treble!!!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Honestly I really like what Lingard gives the team when he plays well, see the City league game for eg. He's just been so out of form for so long that it's beyond a joke. But we are shite and inconsistent........I'll probably (definitely) get slated for this but I think Lingard would be a better player for City. His ability to press and find space and do the simple things well (when on form) would be good in a good team.

Alemar

The only way for Lingard to continue getting playtime with such woeful performances is paying money to the decision maker (i.e., bribing the manager). It's the only explanation that actually remains - I have been watching Man Utd games for more than 25 years and have never seen a single player who's been so consistently shit and yet getting so much game time. Even Bebe (God forbid) played better football and contributed to more goals.

Name Changed

weso26
Honestly I really like what Lingard gives the team when he plays well, see the City league game for eg. He's just been so out of form for so long that it's beyond a joke. But we are shite and inconsistent........I'll probably (definitely) get slated for this but I think Lingard would be a better player for City. His ability to press and find space and do the simple things well (when on form) would be good in a good team.
Literally every player we have would be better for City than for us.

The Purley King

He is done here after that. Could not trap a bag of cement.
I actually like his effort, even when he’s playing badly (which is 9 out of 10 games) he still gives it everything. In the right kind of game he can be effective but surely to god there must be better options there for us?
He’s just not good enough.

InfiniteBoredom

We should’ve flogged him off a couple of years ago and it’d be criminal not to next summer.

SAF said due to his genetics he wouldn’t be ready for first team football by the time he’s 23. Fair enough, but when you are already a few years behind you have to hit the ground running, since just because you mature slowly doesn’t mean you won’t decline like a normal person in your 30s.

He’s had 5 years since that ‘ready’ age, and has gotten if anything worse, and the baseline wasn’t great to start with, yet it seems like the club has already committed too much into this little project that they can’t afford to admit that they were wrong. 100k+ weekly for bloody JLingz, because he runs around and ‘get the club’, how many players would run themselves into the ground for those wages and the chance to play for Utd?

clarkydaz

I actually like his effort, even when he’s playing badly (which is 9 out of 10 games) he still gives it everything. In the right kind of game he can be effective but surely to god there must be better options there for us?
this was supposed to be the right type of game

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Look at Bernardo Silva. He's a fantastic player and works harder than Lingard. When you see players like him playing at United then you'll know that we are going somewhere. Having players that work hard with no quality will leave us mid table.

He's clearly a confidence player, but right now his confidence is shot to pieces and he's been horrific for a long time. I said early in this thread, back in 2017, I didn't think he was good enough to be at a club like United, and that was when he was playing well. Since then his performances have regressed massively to the point where he is offering nothing - no goals, no assists, nothing. It's nothing personal against the guy, and he is just one of many who should be moved on because they just don't have what we need. He has no future here.

Red Stone

It is absolutely incredible that he has been able to play so many games at this level with such low ability with the ball at his feet... He is almost as old as Roy Keane was when we won the Treble!!!
That's put me in a rotten mood, that. Keane was 27 years and 8 months old when he dragged our entire team to victory in Turin. I'm 28 now. What the feck am I doing with my life?

Also really emphasizes how much of a child Lingard still is. Keane is a special case personality-wise, but there isn't a member of that Treble team that would be caught dead doing some of the shite Lingard publishes himself doing on social media. Christ, what an unlikeable bastard he is.

James Ward

I just hate him as a person. There are always footballers with issues, a lot don't go public with it but his performances have been absolute pathetic. There is no excuse.
He is 27 years old and act's like an 18 year old in his first year at college on social media and even in interviews. I have no sympathies for him with that holiday video in the summer. He is probably the most immature footballer i have ever seen.
I really just hate him and his attitude. He is everything Man Utd shouldn't be and seriously needs to grow up.

Foxbatt

He has got a new manager. Mino Railola. Let's see what happens? Who is stupid enough to buy him?

Banana Republic

....He makes intelligent runs off the ball, shows in space between the lines to pick the ball up, drags people out of position to create space for others.....
We’ve heard all that before. It’s total rubbish.
His off the ball running is totally ineffective and contributes diddly squat.

.......His ability to press and find space and do the simple things well (when on form) would be good in a good team.
But he’s generally rubbish at pressing.
He’s slow to react then casually trots towards a player, showing absolutely no intent or urgency. He usually gets nowhere near and puts no pressure on the opponent.
When he does make more of an effort, he slows down before getting close to the player. Again no intent, no aggression and he fails to close down again.
It’s only occasionally he’ll pile into the back of someone and give away a free kick
The only space he’s good at finding, is where the ball can’t reach him.

billybee99

Today was one of those "types" of games. He was horrible as usual but not as horrible as some of your posts. You are the Jesse Lingard of the Caf without a doubt.

billybee99

He wouldn't get into City's Under-23 side. Can you imagine Pep's head exploding watching this little git run around the pitch ruining things. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Robben, Aguero, Lingard. Jesus.