Have you ever bought an opposition teams shirt?

Nick7

Never another Irish or English teams jersey. I’ve loads of international or foreign teams jerseys

siw2007

Never a domestic rival. But I have a small collection of Italian teams shirts, always found them to be really classy looking.

stubie

My parents brought me the Milan home shirt 20 years ago this Christmas.

Other than that I had a cheap replica kit of Barcelona back in 1995

Davs

For me any foreign team is fine. If you purchase anything of another club in England though that is unacceptable.

Edit: forgot to mention, does anybody want to buy me that anniversary Dortmund kit for xmas?

Sara125

Not exactly a club but I have France’s national shirt, and if Juve ever decide to do that pink colourway again defo gonna cop it this time round :drool:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
A family friend bought me a Blackburn shirt when they won the league.

Also some other family friends, an elderly couple, bought me a Juventus shirt when when went on holiday to Italy one year in the early 2000s.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Had loads back in the day, typical teenager where all my tops were jerseys. Had Atl Mardid, Real Madrid, Juventus, Club Universidad Nacional, Birmingham City, Coventry, Nottingham Forrest and loads of others. Anyone from Cork and went around the city (around 200 to 2006) would know of a shop called Football Crazy. He was a Tranmere Rovers fan so would always order in obscure leagues and jerseys. Spent buckets in there and broke my heart they closed down.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How can anyone like that Inter shirt? Seriously?

izec

No, i only bought some United kits and an Argentina one (NTs are neutral, since every player from a nation can play for the club)

i do have some training pants of Ajax though, but i just bought it because it was cheap and it looks great

I am not counting some kits i got gifted, but none are from PL clubs anyway

ThinkTank@Cafe

Never bought another club’s shirt. But I am an official Arsenal fan club member. Visited London with one of my companies team. They were saving money and bought me a ticket through Arsenal fan club membership:)) I was not happy when learned that and then just forgot. I’m a MUTV subscriber but not United fan club member yet

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Been living in the States for awhile and some years back my sister in law and her husband bought me a united shirt for my birthday. They made such a big production out of it thinking I would be made up. I had to be polite and accept it.
needless to say my manc neighbor wears it with pride.

Rajma

Planning to buy Leicester one with the Brenton name on the back if they can pull it off

Eli Zee

What does that have to do with wearing the kit of a side you don't support?
For example, if you like Sterling and you want his shirt, but are a Manchester United fan, you end up buying an opposition teams kit.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
For example, if you like Sterling and you want his shirt, but are a Manchester United fan, you end up buying an opposition teams kit.
If you are an adult Manchester United fan and you buy & wear a Manchester City shirt, I would laugh and point at you.

Of course this is just my opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree.

Moorie86

Got a few in the past all foreign teams Juventus, Real Madrid, Benfica,

Grandma was Italian so always get the NT Italy top and Portugal as we holiday there and made a lot of Portuguese friends.

As for domestic Aberdeen only. I did buy the Cove Rangers shirt this season though

Eli Zee

If you are an adult Manchester United fan and you buy & wear a Manchester City shirt, I would laugh and point at you.

Of course this is just my opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree.
Some people have a team they support and are also fans of certain players. Buying a kit of an opposing team because you like a certain player is not an awful thing to do. Christ you guys act like wearing a Manchester city shirt is going to end the world. It’s a fecking shirt with a players name you like on the back of it.

Last edited:

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
I've only ever owned Chelsea and England shirts.

Teja

I got an FCB fridge magnet as a souvenir when I visited Camp Nou, but just a set of Utd shirts for me.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Absolutely not.

PSG have collaborated with Nike / Jordan and have some really impressive pieces out, which I simply cannot buy because, well, it's PSG adorned gear.

Although, to be fair, the last United Jersey I bought was the 2001/02 white / gold reversible one, so I'm well out the loop. Problem with football gear is, unless you're at a match or playing footy yourself, you're (I'm) not going to wear it at all, and even then, going to games wearing colours is something you (I) stopped doing by 14.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I've got one from Shevchenko and one from Italy. Really want one from Cruyff.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Got a few foreign oppositions shirts.
Ajax 96,98 ,Italy 2001,AC Milan 2002 and a Buriram United shirt.

This is the one I want though:

Saw it on one site and it was going for £200. :(

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Had a few over the years. Brazil, Roma, Dortmund, currently wear an AC Milan shirt to 5-a-side.

Josep Dowling

Loads. I had to get the Inter Milan black kit this season. I have a random collection of pink kits as well, Real Madrid, Juventus, Evian, Anderlecht, Hamburg.

Not that I wear any of them.