Have you mentally checked out for this season?

Wayne's World

Honestly I can't stomach anymore of this season after that first half against Brighton. With the leaks, the lack of fight from the players, the embarrassing level of United fans attacking each-other this season with Ole in/Ole out stuff. City and Liverpool pissing through teams and winning trophies and look clear favourites to rub our noses in it again If they win the PL/CL while we don't look like a team that can string 3 passes together.

Can't even look forward to the Atletico Madrid tie because there's just no hope anymore for this team. We need a reset now, run 12-15 players out of the club and start again. This is worse then anything we have had to experience since Sir Alex retired.

Surely I'm not the only one who's thinking like this?

AndySmith1990

We're going through the motions. It's obvious to anyone with a brain we'll be playing in the EL again next season.

hobbers

No chance of beating Atletico and no chance of finishing top four.

Will doubtless make the wrong decisions in the summer. Rinse and repeat.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I can't, myself. Still invested as always even though the club blatantly told us they had given up on this season after that negligent January transfer window.

Sweet Square

I’ve checked out although it’s mostly due to United fans who have been extra annoying this season.

Alfie092

I've almost fully checked out but not as yet and that's mainly due to my unconditional love for the club unfortunately... whether that's a good or a bad thing :(

It's also due to the fact that we still have a small chance of getting top 4, yes I know that is not what we should be playing for but unfortunately that is realistically the best goal we can try to reach between now and the end of the season. While we won't win the CL (crazier things have happened) and as poor as we have been, Atletico are not much better either and we can beat them if we are on our game. Then we are into the last 8 and what IF (yes a big if), we end up playing the winner of Benfica vs Ajax? I know there is no guarantees but we should look to brush them aside and get into the semis, where at this point we will most likely crash out but who knows haha.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Yes, checked out a while ago. Even if we beat Atletico in the CL it’s quite obvious our path will end in the quarters.

Cloud7

I’m still invested in the CL but I’ve mentally checked out of the league. Still hope we can make top 4 but at the start of the season I was more excited than perhaps any other time since SAF retired and we see how that ended up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm still watching but don't expect much.

Makes me wonder how players from clubs 10th - 15th motivate themselves every week. They play with more desire than us and we have things to fight for.

soapythecat

We have every chance of beating Athletico, we have every chance of finishing top 4 and we have a new CEO and a slight restructuring behind the scenes so what’s to say transfer windows now will reflect playing style and ambition rather than commercial revenue?
I get we’ve been crap this season but under RR I honestly feel we are on the right track. Give the new regime a chance to get it right before checking out.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I watch without giving much of a feck

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Honestly I can't stomach anymore of this season after that first half against Brighton. With the leaks, the lack of fight from the players, the embarrassing level of United fans attacking each-other this season with Ole in/Ole out stuff. City and Liverpool pissing through teams and winning trophies and look clear favourites to rub our noses in it again If they win the PL/CL while we don't look like a team that can string 3 passes together.

Can't even look forward to the Atletico Madrid tie because there's just no hope anymore for this team. We need a reset now, run 12-15 players out of the club and start again. This is worse then anything we have had to experience since Sir Alex retired.

Not alone. Thank you for starting this PTSD support group. :)

Jericho

For the last few years I've let my attention be divided between the match and something else. Too often I've sat fully focused a really awful match and thought afterwards of how I could have spent that time so much better.

Kaos

No, but I’m almost there.

It’s not even the lack of silverware we’re in contention for. We’re just an absolute chore to watch, and it feels like the players can’t be arsed.

I just want to enjoy watching us play again. But I suspect that won’t happen until we bring in a permanent manager and feck off half these mediocre players who couldn’t be arsed. Until then it’s very hard to be excited when games come around.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's more interesting for me now than it was during the last month or 2 of Ole's time here. More cause for optimism.

Marcus

I like having Donny at Everton to distract me. United at this moment, I am still willing them to keep improving and get the foundations ready for the next permanent manager. Top 4 is not the be all and end all for me. That's the Glazers.

mav_9me

I'm somewhat checked out but not enough for my liking. Still find myself watching games and getting mad.

youmeletsfly

Well, after SAF left, supporting United turned into "watching the game, losing 90mins of my life and then not giving a shit about it" so there's no mental check out needed.

Yakuza_devils

We are in the thick of fighting for Top 4 and very good chance of beating A.Madrid to advance to CL Q-Final.

We have everything to play for and the season is still very exciting. For CL, we will never know, Liverpool and Chelsea fluke it when they were not top team in PL.

Lost bear

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, I stll want us to win, and for things to get better, but really I think this season is not going to result in anything much, so I'm already looking past it to next.

Withnail

Nah, after we crash out of the Champions League I will.
Well exactly. We still have hope but then I think we're better than the teams around us so there's the fight for top 4 left.

And no there isn't a trophy but being in the CL next year will be vital for recruitment and a decent season next year. A Europa season next year would be shit.

Smores

Frustrated maybe but why would you be checked out when there's still ongoing battles. Top 4 trophy might not be the one we want but it's where we're at.

Any new manager coming in will take time so if people think it's going to be quick switch to amazing football they're mistaken. Next season will probably be a top 4 fight too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My going thought the motions feeling has never been greater.

Foxbatt

We need a complete clear out. the players and the old boys club. And get a competent coach and the right structure. I have a feeling that knowing the Glazers we are going to get it completely wrong again. They will get Poch, who is going to pay over 100 million for Kane and then he is going to get injured and then feck us up. I want someone like ETH and a complete overhaul.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Not with CL and to a minor extent top 4 still left to play for. I think this is the highest disconnect between players and fans we've ever had post Fergie though.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I haven't watched the last 2 matches, feeling very certain what I'll see. I enjoy the beauty of the game, we're pretty much always "uglier" to watch than our opponents.

Now I don't want to be late-Wenger Arsenal, playing pretty and winning nothing. But, we played great stuff back then and could go defensive when needed. Let's not forget we sat back for 180 minutes against Barca the year we won it all. We even sat back away to lesser teams, because that's what it takes in Europe.

Cloud7

I'm still watching but don't expect much.

Makes me wonder how players from clubs 10th - 15th motivate themselves every week. They play with more desire than us and we have things to fight for.
I’m guessing it’s a bit of personal pride in wanting to do a good job, and seeing just how much you can achieve when the odds are against you.

Witchking

Yup. Not even much to look forward to the CL. If we somehow scrape past Ath Madrid, we are going to get badly beaten in the next round like annihilated . Teams like Brigton have been taking the piss with United. Imagine what PSG or Bayern will do. Spurs and Arsenal have 3 games on us. Top 4 is all but gone. Out of the FA cup and League Cup. Liverpool on their way to do the quadruple. Nothing to look forward to.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I haven't enjoyed any football this season apart from the champions league.

I think the shite agenda refereeing has been the main factor. United games I'm still just about invested in but the players are making it very hard.

Polar

The OP also reflects my situation. Doubt this team is able to finish among top-4 or make us proud in CL. As a consequence I’ve “switched off” in order to protect myself; defense mechanism. Right now it’s better to be pessimistic and eventually be surprised than the opposite.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
"Teams like Brighton have been taking the piss with United" as we beat them 2-0.

"Top 4 is all but gone" as we sit in 4th place with only 2/3 of the season played.

Grow up.

Artimities

This year has been frustrating to say the least. I started the season with high hopes and when we went out and signed Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo... I thought is was a shoe in.

Coming from the states one thing I have noticed is the unbelievable amount of gossip and hearsay. One week the pundits are talking about Chelsea being the best team in the Premier League and now there is talk of them battling for 3rd. What I have gathered is that even more than in american sports, the press love to manipulate the talking points.

The news in general is drab. When is the last time you watched the news and saw something worth a damn that isnt about death or COVID or Russia/ China.

I am keeping the faith that we stand a great chance against Atletico and should win this weekend as well.
I think top 4 is obtainable and who knows how far we can go in the CL.
However, I would be lying if I said that this year hasnt taken a lot out of me as a United Fan. The Greenwood thing was just icing on the cake for a turbulent year.

I am really looking forward to the off season to be honest! I want to see what direction we will go in. I hope its Poch.