Have you mentally checked out for this season?

James35

I watch every game despite my brain telling me to avoid avoid avoid!

I think we are in for years more of this shit. It will only change once our owners and all the board are replaced. Unfortunately it won’t happen and we are also stuck with some seriously shit players.

We could easily go another 26 years without a title. (Including the 9 already).

I honestly hand on my heart cannot fathom any reason why any top manager or player would want to come and work for this club unless for financial reasons.

Last edited:

Derry City Red

100%

Plus Derry are back in league action, no var, no overpaid charlatans just good old football.

It's like a breath of fresh air away from this lot

Superden

Honestly there was a 15 minute period you missed were City had 92% possession and we didn't even attempt to get the ball back. Neville said they were "an absolute shower". I think they just wanted to avoid conceding another six.
I watched on the beeb sport site stats page, as the possesion percentage ticked up and up.

Tyrion

Probably find that a lot of the true prices on these transfers are way beyond what goes through officially.
I have wondered about that. They can afford the best lawyers so why not the best accountants.

I watched on the beeb sport site stats page, as the possesion percentage ticked up and up.
Did you think the site was broken?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have wondered about that. They can afford the best lawyers so why not the best accountants.

Did you think the site was broken?
Everyone already knows they beef up their sponsorships from companies related to their owners. That's why United, with unarguably the best sponsorship skills in the world aren't as far clear as they should be.
There's huge suspicions they pay their players an off the books wage as well as the official one.
There's always been suspicions the true fee is way higher too. Remember Tevez, reported to be 42m years later? When that was a sky high fee.

However, in fairness, they lay on lovely sandwiches for the media, and have lots of lovely facilities in a pretty crap area of Manchester.
That and the lovely football means most journalists totally ignore all the rest.

Tyrion

However, in fairness, they lay on lovely sandwiches for the media, and have lots of lovely facilities in a pretty crap area of Manchester.
That and the lovely football means most journalists totally ignore all the rest.
It is funny how often I've heard journalists moan about the press facilities at Old Trafford and praise the ones at City.

OverratedOpinion

Well I am extremely confident that we won't achieve anything (including top 4).

I am trying to see the positives and just enjoy the performances like Leeds as and when they come. I think it is a weird situation at the minute because it is nice knowing that we will see change in the summer but disconcerting knowing how badly we have chosen managers over the last decade. I still feel quietly excited knowing Ralf will be involved in that decision, he speaks with a huge amount of common sense and even if he is showing to be nothing more than moderate as a coach I still have confidence on him being an extremely knowledgeable and skilled football executive.

Waynne

I think we are in for years more of this shit. It will only change once our owners and all the board are replaced. Unfortunately it won’t happen and we are also stuck with some seriously shit players.

I honestly hand on my heart cannot fathom any reason why any top manager or player would want to come and work for this club unless for financial reasons.
The only reason why we're in this predicament.
The club is full of mercenaries looking for a paycheck.

pascell

The results against City and Liverpool had me on the edge of checking out, the Greenwood stuff made sure I made it over the edge.

The more I think about our problems, the worse it gets.

SirScholes

Disagree
Get a good manager in. And if the owners give him 400 mil like they gave Ole we’ll be back

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Yes, absolutely. I’m actually more invested in seeing if Chesterfield get promoted to league two. (They’re also fecking everything up and also have a Maguire at CB.) who have I upset in a previous life to deserve these teams in my life.

Joel Miller

The answer Is yes. Those possession statistics after that 3rd city goal were an absolute disgrace and not fitting of any United player.

CM

Yep. No chance of a trophy and even top 4 chances look extremely remote. This has been the worst season for quite a few years.

MrBest

I checked out a long time ago, maybe the Liverpool thrashing. I've realised that not caring anymore and accepting we are average and will be for 20 years is the reality. How can we compete with City and Liverpool smashing new levels, year on year. Chelsea are doing bits and actually care about winning. Arsenal have woken up, Arteta is building something special. Spurs will always be around the top 6, I think Poch may return. Then there is Newcastle, in 2 or 3 years will break that barrier. Right now we are easily 5th or 6th of the lot, West Ham, Wolves, Villa and Leicester have the potential (ownership wise) to displace us too. I literally watch us play with zero expectations and i dont expect this to change in the summer when apparently we will think carefully on a new manager, redo our structure, blah blah. This club is square pegs in round holes, it don't work.

croadyman

Hard not to check out when I really don't know which manager can get these players to start giving a shit about playing for the shirt

Tarrou

I pretty much have yeah

the Greenwood thing is the main factor, it's just done me in.. the fact we are shite doesn't help though, obviously

I didn't bother getting up for the Derby yesterday (it was on at like 3am), which I don't think has happened before

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I am used to getting beaten by top 3 sides in the league. What has ruined the season is the combination of all things but mainly Greenwood incident. It took away the love for the club at least temporarily. It made us look like the bad guy. Not only clueless but also bad.

Rojow

I just don't care. The things that made United great just aren't there anymore. We barely compete and our squad is full of sh*t and players who cares more about social media and things outside the football pitch.

We went full Liverpool in the league. At least they still were good in Europe.

meamth

Manager sacked, shite performances, missed chances, selfish goal scoring opportunities, Greenwood shattered my excitement and Ronaldo's gone legs.

The season couldn't be worse. Yes, I've been the most patient of supporters, but I'm definitely checked out this season.

Will be looking at the summer for who will we appoint, but for now, I just watch for the sake of being a fan..

Will Singh

I try to stop watching but my oldest son is a die hard even more then me and it’s impossible. I bought tickets for the boxing Fury vs Whyte to get a change from football but my son who’s going with me has decided he wants to go Arsenal away which is on the same day which will push me over the edge if we lose.

diarm

The Leeds game is the only one I've watched properly in weeks. I had to stop because I was just getting too annoyed and moody after watching us.

Fridge chutney

I pretty much have yeah

the Greenwood thing is the main factor, it's just done me in.. the fact we are shite doesn't help though, obviously

I didn't bother getting up for the Derby yesterday (it was on at like 3am), which I don't think has happened before
I'm in a very similar boat as you. The Greenwood situation was so depressing and i think that was the catalyst for me to start missing more and more games. I didn't even really care that we lost to City today, mainly because i expected it and have written off this season.

I don't think i'll particularly care until transfer season, or more likely, the start of next.

Cantonagotmehere

Greenwood thing is brutal.

I try to like the team in a different ways but it so very hard. I don't dislike anyone personally but the only players I look forward to seeing play at this point are:

DeGea
Sancho
McT (squad player maybe but he understands)
Varane
Lindelof
Rashford ( he will get it back)
Elanga
other youngins....

Fridge chutney

Everyone already knows they beef up their sponsorships from companies related to their owners. That's why United, with unarguably the best sponsorship skills in the world aren't as far clear as they should be.
There's huge suspicions they pay their players an off the books wage as well as the official one.
There's always been suspicions the true fee is way higher too. Remember Tevez, reported to be 42m years later? When that was a sky high fee.

Yes, well sadly the Premier League has become a sportswashing playground for corrupt regimes to get their jollies. It's a joke, frankly, and makes it easier to not care that we are so shit right now.

MattJ166

I've stopped getting up for games (It's 3am where I am in Malaysia) and now when i look at the results and inevitably see that we've lost i just shrug and get ready for work. I accept the shit talk from my colleagues and just get on with my day.

Even though yesterdays city game was on at 12:30 - I didn't bother staying up to watch it. I still catch the odd game that's on at a reasonable time and get excited when we win but it feels a little hollow as I know its probably going to amount to nothing. CHampions league is my last hope for the season!

Roboc7

I’ve accepted what we are now, not fussed if I miss games and have realistic expectations, I knew we’d lose to City just a case of by how many, same will apply to Liverpool.

I’m not expecting a lot to change over next 2-3 years at least, feel sorry for whoever next manager is as the scrutiny and criticism will intensity. Look how quickly fans and media have turned on Rangnick, patience is at an all time low despite us effectively needing more than we’ve ever had.

jesperjaap

Still watch every game but its almostpainful to often. I checked out of this season by Christmas. In forty years there isnt a group of players for us I have been less keen on. Little personality, indentity, leadership, desire, quality, a few I had highhopes for that have been dissapointing.

I have been hoping for the summer since Christmas with this side in maybe a forlorn hope, many of these players leave and we actually make some quality young signings, but little in the way of links with most of these quality players. That is my only hope, a good manager appointed and all these contracts ending and players wishing to leave, that there may be the cull that has been eneeded for 4 or so years

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't think I'll see us win the league ever again. City and Newcastle are state run clubs who will dominate for the next decade or so. The people who run the club don't care about trophies like Chelsea do.

I've pretty much given up on the club. The board and owners don't care. Most of the fans are happy not to rock the boat to look like top reds. The players are essentially overpaid Instagram influencers shilling for the corporate side of the club.

Marcus

I don't think I'll see us win the league ever again. City and Newcastle are state run clubs who will dominate for the next decade or so. The people who run the club don't care about trophies like Chelsea do.

I've pretty much given up on the club. The board and owners don't care. Most of the fans are happy not to rock the boat to look like top reds. The players are essentially overpaid Instagram influencers shilling for the corporate side of the club.
I fear this too. Been there before in the late 70s and 80s where there was no hope of league success, but looked forward to cup games. I guess the game has changed and I have already witnessed the best of United in my lifetime.

Hampshire Rec

Accepted that at present we are utter Dross, no fight, no heart, no identity.
Will I watch of course it’s United and they will always be my team but feck me we are shite!
we have to clear the closet out in the summer
Still we should be safe from the relegation battle

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I fear this too. Been there before in the late 70s and 80s where there was no hope of league success, but looked forward to cup games. I guess the game has changed and I have already witnessed the best of United in my lifetime.
I've been telling my friends I've seen us win enough trophies to last me a lifetime. :(

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Even though it was bad most of the season, it was the promise of greenwood that was getting me through it, but then we found out what sort of a man he is and it made a bad season an absolute disaster.