Having any kind of standards

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Rojo against Astana last week spent the whole game literally strolling about doing whatever the feck he wanted. He was out of position. He had ridiculous shots on goal. Tried impossible skills. Gave absolute zero fecks about doing his job or the fact the score was 0-0.

A week later, here he is in the team again. It's half time. By my count he's had 7 shots...all except one from absolutely stupid positions. He's put in 0 crosses, made 0 useful runs. Just strolling about doign what he wants again.

Yet he will come out and play the second half.

Can someone explain to me how there is any hope of any improvement at all under Ole when there is apparently absolutely no bar you can drop below where someone in our management will make it clear to you that it isn't good enough?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have to admit, Rojo is one of the most bizarre footballers I have ever seen. In one moment he is capable of something absolutely ridiculous like a two footed sliding tackle from 20 yards away. Then the next minute he’s capable of something absolutely... ridiculous like a shot from the half way line when we’re overloading them 6-4.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, I just mentioned it in the other tread. Team that allows idiot like Rojo do whatever he wants and take 7 shots in one half, and majority of them were long range despite never scoring any long range goal in his United career, is absolutely embarasing team that is led by idiots. Seriously disturbing stuff. Fergie would take him off in 30th minute even if he was our best player on the pitch.

Romez

A lot of our fans have become accustomed to mediocrity.

Our board too evidently.

Idxomer

That what happens when there's not any kind of accountability at the club.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Rojo was the only entertaining thing about that Astana game

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's called taking the piss. I was fuming last week and didn't find anything funny about it.

youmeletsfly

I like the guy for giving his all, other than that he is a rash football player.

He was good vs Astana and he was trying his luck today with them shots, considering we were 1st degree murder when going forward.

You're exaggerating with the "taking the piss" arguments, with the lack of organization, or discipline or feck me whatever you keyboard guys can think about.

We've come to analyzing any god damn detail of a game and starting a moaning topic out of it.

Pogba had 3 shots in the crowd, was he taking the piss?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shipping nani out and still paying 16m for this guy has to be up there with some of our craziest transfer work

Revaulx

Lots of posters are missing the point the OP is making.

It isn't "Rojo is shit". Whether he is or isn't is irrelevant.

It's "why is Rojo allowed to do what he wants?" The fact that he did the same the other day, has been picked again and is doing the same thing, suggests that eiher the coaches haven't noticed, or think it's OK. Which is extremely worrying.

dove

Standards? Half of our fanbase are happy having a manager who will faster relegate us than do anything useful, we don’t have any standards anymore. If you are not happy getting embarrassed every single week you are an entitled fan or an idiot.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Rojo was easily out best player on the pitch against Astana.
I get the point but he was our most creative player that match which says it all really.
We are horrendously coached.

Fooza

I mean at this point is there really a point singling out Rojo, most these players are rubbish to the core. Most aren't up to the standard.

thesheriffjw

Im going to say it now, if utd lose to Rochdale, ole needs to go.

Utds 2nd string should walk the at home and questions will need to be answered.

Something is fundamentally wrong in the club right now

U99ted

Standards? Half of our fanbase are happy having a manager who will faster relegate us than do anything useful, we don’t have any standards anymore. If you are not happy getting embarrassed every single week you are an entitled fan or an idiot.
Yep, I remember seeing a thread about the fans being the biggest problem with the club. Not because they accept what the players, manager or owners do, but because they’re entitled for complaining about what those parties do.

Art Vandelay

Pogba being allowed to ignore players running off him repeatedly. Rashford being allowed to punt every freekick into the stands and still take the next one. It's partly down to lack of leaders on the pitch as well as management.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Lots of posters are missing the point the OP is making.

It isn't "Rojo is shit". Whether he is or isn't is irrelevant.

It's "why is Rojo allowed to do what he wants?" The fact that he did the same the other day, has been picked again and is doing the same thing, suggests that eiher the coaches haven't noticed, or think it's OK. Which is extremely worrying.
Exactly...and worrying is a very kind way of putting it.

If they didn't notice they're beyond incompetent, and if they did notice and clearly haven't thought they need to do anything about it then frankly they have no business being in a job. Anyone can manage a team of footballers if it involves doing absolutely feck all managing.

SER19

Almost all of the squad are absolute fecking cowards, losers and aren't talented enough.

Our coaching staff are true United but not good enough by any stretch.

Our board and ceo are a disgrace and would have been ran out of a self respecting club or at least pressured into running the team and not letting our stadium become a laughing stock.

Don't really care about any of them at this point

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Pretty sure Rojo stuck his tongue out at Ole against Astana, as if it was a response to being told to shoot more. Feel Fergie would’ve bollocked him.

Smores

It's been a long long time since standards have been this low.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Someone in the match thread told me were creative tonight because we had 7 clear chances.... against Rochdale.... at home.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He should never play a game for United again. That is the standard. Many players get special treatment from time to time from certain managers. Ole just picked the weirdest player ever to try and turn around.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He should never play a game for United again. That is the standard. Many players get special treatment from time to time from certain managers. Ole just picked the weirdest player ever to try and turn around.
He isn't trying to turn him round though, that's the point. He's just picking him regardless of how badly he does, how few fecks he gives about actually playing as part of a team.

When I see a United fullback at 0-0, against a team we should be beating, taking on holywood shots from 40 yards, trying overhead kicks, trying to cross the ball by flciking it up through behind his own legs, it tells me he is blatantly taking the piss. He might as well be sticking his fingers up to the bench while he's doing it. Yet next week, he's in the bloody team again! Not only that but doing the exact same things. Clearly no one has even said anything to him.

This isn't managing at all. It's just letting people do whatever they want.

Schmeichel=God

I have to admit, Rojo is one of the most bizarre footballers I have ever seen. In one moment he is capable of something absolutely ridiculous like a two footed sliding tackle from 20 yards away. Then the next minute he’s capable of something absolutely... ridiculous like a shot from the half way line when we’re overloading them 6-4.
:lol:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Rojo is good at LCB once every 10 games and dreadful at full back 9 times out of 10. Fecking dreadful player.

TheReligion

Abusive
I can see the argument here. It seems there's no fear factor when there needs to be. If there are no repercussions of poor performance then it will never improve.

Keep messing up corners? You're not taking any more. Keep hitting free kicks into the wall? You're off them. Essentially it doesn't matter who the player is you need to have discipline and it does seem that we don't have it.

Players bossing it again?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He isn't trying to turn him round though, that's the point. He's just picking him regardless of how badly he does, how few fecks he gives about actually playing as part of a team.

When I see a United fullback at 0-0, against a team we should be beating, taking on holywood shots from 40 yards, trying overhead kicks, trying to cross the ball by flciking it up through behind his own legs, it tells me he is blatantly taking the piss. He might as well be sticking his fingers up to the bench while he's doing it. Yet next week, he's in the bloody team again! Not only that but doing the exact same things. Clearly no one has even said anything to him.

This isn't managing at all. It's just letting people do whatever they want.
I fully agree. I was very frustrated with him against Astana and happy to see I'm not alone feeling this way about him. You put it into words very well. The fact he is 29 as well is just... It doesn't feel right. I get that we don't have many options right now, but the mess is just too deep and we knew it going into the season. Time to just give up on half of these useless fecks and let the youth have at it. It is not fair on them, but feck it at least the fans know where we stand.