Having any kind of standards

el3mel

Standards what standards ? Rashford fecks up almost every game and still plays anyway. Hardly a surprise if he does the same for Rojo as well.

Djemba-Djemba

He isn't trying to turn him round though, that's the point. He's just picking him regardless of how badly he does, how few fecks he gives about actually playing as part of a team.

When I see a United fullback at 0-0, against a team we should be beating, taking on holywood shots from 40 yards, trying overhead kicks, trying to cross the ball by flciking it up through behind his own legs, it tells me he is blatantly taking the piss. He might as well be sticking his fingers up to the bench while he's doing it. Yet next week, he's in the bloody team again! Not only that but doing the exact same things. Clearly no one has even said anything to him.

This isn't managing at all. It's just letting people do whatever they want.
The same way Rashford is allowed to take stupid fecking shots from free kicks 45 yards out from goal over and over and over.

First of all he should know himself he shouldn't be doing it, then we should have someone on the pitch like the captain or an experienced older player telling him to stop doing it and if all that fails then the manager after the game should be telling him to stop fecking doing it.

Same thing applies with Rojo. It's disrespectful to the club to just go out there and dick about for 90 minutes, trying rabonas and shooting at goal everytime you get over the halfway line.

It baffles me how stuff like that keeps being allowed to happen.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
It's a terrifying idea that Ole is playing someone who refuses to follow the plan.

Enigma_87

You know who
Found it very funny to be honest.

Along with us taking corners and one in particular where we were chasing the score when somebody moonballed it right into opposition defender/midfielder who started a counter. :lol:

It's pretty much clear that coaching and tactics are not really our priority so you will be disappointed if you are looking at some kind of standards.

Ekeke

I have to admit, Rojo is one of the most bizarre footballers I have ever seen. In one moment he is capable of something absolutely ridiculous like a two footed sliding tackle from 20 yards away. Then the next minute he’s capable of something absolutely... ridiculous like a shot from the half way line when we’re overloading them 6-4.
Pretty much. He plays like he's having a kickabout with friends and theres absolutely no negative consequence for doing something stupid like losing the ball in front of his own box or smashing a shot over the bar from 35 yards. Occasionally this complete obliviousness to pressure results in a nice flick or something where he's cooler than you'd expect someone to be in his position. But most of the time it results in giving the opposition the ball

Yagami

Good post resistant
A few after Astana were laughing at Rojo's performance.

I couldn't believe some were fine with it. He takes the piss every game and some are fine with it. Ole included, apparently....

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ironically Rojo was one of more attacking players from the bunch... that's how absurd situation is right now.

The football matters altogether are bit out of control and Ole's face through the match was a story itself.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's how you play when you just don't give a feck. There's no seriousness to your actions and you're just out there having a laugh and getting paid.
It's like being at a job that is going under and you know you're getting let go at the end of the year. You just feck around

Yagami

Good post resistant
I personally wasn’t laughing, I thought he was by far our best player that game.
It was another annoying performance for me.

As usual at LB, he spent the entire game attempting his stupid shots and playing like the match was already won from minute one with his lackadaisical self. He may have created a couple of chances, but they came from his mishit passes and crap shots rather than actual quality.

I really can't believe he's allowed to just play like this. He wastes so many promising positions/moves with his sillyness.

RG 11

Completely agree with the OP. Ole gives the impression of thinking as a player rather than a manager to me. He also tries to buddy up with the squad instead of instilling the fear of God in them when it comes to performances.

There is no reason to continue playing the likes of Rojo, Lingard, Rashford constantly when they aren't performing. Basically, the players know that they will play despite the bad performances as we don't have any competent backups.

Young players need competition. At this point Rashford, Lingard and Martial know they will play irrespective of how they perform. Same with Pogba. Soon that mentality will affect the new signings as well like we've seen in the past.

Basically, the club's entire management chain is weak and grossly incompetent

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I didn't watch the game and was pleasantly surprised at us having had 31 shots on goal.

Now I know that 7 of them were by Rojo in the 1st half. Thanks for that noodles.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
What plan though? I don’t see it.
Maybe it is part of “the plan”?
I can't believe Rojo is following instructions taking 7 shots in the first half.

As far as "the plan", when someone gets some space in possession they usually look uncertain, like what they're setting in front of them is unfamiliar or not what it's supposed to be. We hesitate, there is no sense of a unified attack, players moving into space at the right time to get on the ball with a moment to look up and pick a pass.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Because you still clap for him
He's labelled deadwood, nothing he can do can change the fact.
Knuckle down and work hard is just cliche, he knows his time is up.

Our managers are bad at motivating people, saf always makes his deadwood still feel wanted, and feck them off unceremoniously when the time is ripe.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
There is no reason to continue playing the likes of Rojo, Lingard, Rashford constantly when they aren't performing.
There is a very good reason he keeps playing the same players. Our squad is so thin he has almost no other options.

Dreadful mess. Thin squad of largely average players managed by a clueless manager who himself is managed by a clueless chairman. Bad times indeed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's a terrifying idea that Ole is playing someone who refuses to follow the plan.
He's just another one 'giving them freedom'. We need a system not freedom. Licence to attack and bomb forward - yes, but not without a plan. Ole is just too tactically empty IMO. Not seeing anything in this regard sadly.

Lentwood

It’s a fine line though because most of our players are far too conservative

Rojo might be a bit mad but he’s probably looked one of our most creative forces against Astana and Rochdale and it’s mainly because he’s been trying to make something happen

I wish some of our better players would have the same attitude. Players like Lingard, Pereira, Rashford, Martial and even Pogba can be guilty of just ghosting around the pitch knocking the ball sideways. That’s not good enough, we need players who take risks in the attacking third

LoneStar

Standards? Half of our fanbase are happy having a manager who will faster relegate us than do anything useful, we don’t have any standards anymore. If you are not happy getting embarrassed every single week you are an entitled fan or an idiot.
This. We had to go to penalties at Old Trafford against fecking Rochdale. You don't need your strongest starting 11 or an extra 500m for winning against them.

The standards have clearly fallen. Some are even okay with finishing outside of top 6 in the name of 'progress'. Which half decent player would want to join this mess of a situation, especially if we can't even make top 6?

Amir

A few after Astana were laughing at Rojo's performance.

I couldn't believe some were fine with it. He takes the piss every game and some are fine with it. Ole included, apparently....
Honestly, we're so boring and going nowhere, might as well have some fun. Give me more Rojo!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Anyone found it slightly jarring that Pogba didn't stepped up to take a penalty. He's a world cup winner and was our first choice penalty taker last season. It makes no sense that Greenwood, Fred and James took a penalty over him.

wolvored

Lots of posters are missing the point the OP is making.

It isn't "Rojo is shit". Whether he is or isn't is irrelevant.

It's "why is Rojo allowed to do what he wants?" The fact that he did the same the other day, has been picked again and is doing the same thing, suggests that eiher the coaches haven't noticed, or think it's OK. Which is extremely worrying.
Or maybe his shots are flying in, in training and he has been given licence to have a go.

vangagal

Anyone found it slightly jarring that Pogba didn't stepped up to take a penalty. He's a world cup winner and was our first choice penalty taker last season. It makes no sense that Greenwood, Fred and James took a penalty over him.
After last fiasco maybe it was a wise for Pogba to step back for a while.

wolvored

I said that on the match thread. Hes either shit himself for missing earlier in the season, or doesnt give a feck. Ole did say him and 'Rashy' were the takers.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'd rather we paid Roma to take Rojo plus pay up his contract, rather than them have Smalling. He is dreadful.

And Jones is equally as pointless for different reasons.

Eric7C

Also, he was not made captain. Instead, a player who has played for the senior team less than 10 times was. Ole is all over the shop at the moment.

Tarrou

If nobody at the club has had a conversation with Rojo about his random shooting from everyone, somethings not right

if someone has and he's kept doing it, somethings not right

basically, somethings not right

Yagami

Good post resistant
Honestly, we're so boring and going nowhere, might as well have some fun. Give me more Rojo!
We are boring and, in general, one of the worst teams to watch play football, and have been for many years now, but I still want our players to take playing for Manchester United seriously even if we are a bit of a joke at the moment.

Enigma_87

You know who
It's no surprise. Amateur manager with amateur methods. Us having 2 penalty takers was bollocks and he was just saving face on that one.

SirAF

Ageist
Also, he was not made captain. Instead, a player who has played for the senior team less than 10 times was. Ole is all over the shop at the moment.
To be fair, I don’t think it would be appropriate to name a player who, publicly wants to leave, captain.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
To be fair, someone has to. God knows we're not winning anything trying to play football.
Shooting from long range and from hard angles helps no one. Specially when Rojo did it twice in a row. I don't see Neymar do that, nor Messi nor Ronaldo.
Why is this fool enabled to do such stupidity ?

Eric7C

To be fair, I don’t think it would be appropriate to name a player who, publicly wants to leave, captain.
Fair enough. But Tuanzebe? The United armband has to be earned in some way. Romero would have been a better choice.

Revaulx

Or maybe his shots are flying in, in training and he has been given licence to have a go.
Maybe :D.

The OP wasn’t just referring to the shots though. And if they are an actual part of our attacking strategy we are really screwed. Even Darron Gibson managed to score from a couple of his.