g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Henderson / Gabriel incident no longer being investigated by FA

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Why did he put a curse on Pep then?
Because he's a pretty horrible person who happens to believe in curses? Who knows what was going through his head. This was before his apology anyway so I don't see what it's got to do with anything.

Just find it weird that people who insist they take racism in football seriously are always quick to pile on guys like Pep and always quiet on guys like Griezmann. Seems to me they care far more about club rivalry than actually solving the problem.

TheReligion

Abusive
Because he's a pretty horrible person who happens to believe in curses? Who knows what was going through his head. This was before his apology anyway so I don't see what it's got to do with anything.

Just find it weird that people who insist they take racism in football seriously are always quick to pile on guys like Pep and always quiet on guys like Griezmann. Seems to me they care far more about club rivalry than actually solving the problem.
Very true although you’re a city fan on a United forum so rivalry is big on you list of priorities surely?

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Arteta's comments on the allegation for his own player was pretty shameful, it wouldn't totally surprise me to see him lessen the blow of anything said during the game.
I see it as him saying whats said between the referee and the 2 managers is private.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Think we would have heard by now if this was as serious as some suspected. Particularly with Liverpool playing tomorrow.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Personally think that Henderson is one of the more morally principled people in the game. Nothing to see here.

cyberman

Toure also has something to say about Pep and racism didn’t he?
Must be a secret United fan judging by a certain City’s fan comments on here.
Oh and this classic

'That man talks too much': How Pep Guardiola responded to Roberto Carlos' complains over racism chants of Barcelona fans aimed at him in 1997

cyberman

'Bernardo's racist tweet' makes it sound like Bernardo called Mendy the N word, when in reality he posted an image of a popular Portuguese cartoon character that he thought looked a bit like Mendy, without thinking properly (or even knowing much) about how that action would be perceived in our culture. In England it's inconceivable that an adult wouldn't know that image is racist but it's easy to believe that someone who grew up in a culture where that character is in supermarket aisles would genuinely not understand why or how it's offensive. The vilification of Bernardo after he did that was very over-the-top and, while Pep never said there was nothing wrong with the photo, he was right to defend his player from abuse that was really based on tribalism and a desire to see a rival player get in trouble. Nobody actually believed Bernardo was racist based on that.

Pep's track record on actual racist abuse (and surely we can agree that Bernardo's shortsighted joke doesn't count as racist abuse, whatever you think of it) is perfectly solid.

A lot of the public image of Pep being racist comes from Yaya Toure's accusations, which he's since apologized for and withdrawn.

Calling Pep racist in (let's be honest) the name of club rivalry tribalism is extremely counterproductive when football is trying to deal with a huge racism problem.
Thought I’d post this again, only reading this reply
'That man talks too much': How Pep Guardiola responded to Roberto Carlos' complains over racism chants of Barcelona fans aimed at him in 1997
You say solid..

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
You say solid..
Oh wow. I didn't know this, this is terrible.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
To be fair to both Hendo and Gabriel, English is not their first language. :wenger:

Hendo probably just told Gabriel that he should drop his therapist. :p

tomaldinho1

In this situation surely if there is any proof we'd know by now? It's either been picked up on a mic, a player heard it or some camera angel can work out if something racist was said.

Sara125

I saw Jordan Henderson at a grocery store the other day. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “Eh Eh Eh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
This copy pasta rears it’s ugly head again :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I watched the first 3 minutes of that video (so far) and I've got the impression that Eto is the prick tbh.
They all are. :lol:

But that bit towards the end about Pep not greeting Eto'o in the tunnel but shaking his hands on the field for the cameras is kind of slimy. Reminds me of Keane's book where he mentions Mick McCarthy going up to Keane after a game and telling him to let the press get a photo of them together, "it'll look great."

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I watched the first 3 minutes of that video (so far) and I've got the impression that Eto is the prick tbh.
I reckon most dressing rooms are full of pricks. At least Eto‘o seems to be a predictable prick. A fairly stand up guy. Fairly effusive in praise, confident in his own ability and off field impact. Born leader. But yeah, a prick too.

Frank and Pep are clearly absolute whoppers of the highest order. But fair go to both of them for holding those dressing rooms together while winning so much. Must have been a daily struggle.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Not the first time Pep has been called out for conflict avoidance (or whatever you want to call it). He seemingly doesn't like to tell people to their face that he has a problem with them.

That said, Eto'o's assessment(s) of Pep as a player and coach are ridiculous.

He was much more than a merely "good" player, for one thing. And the idea that a former midfielder can't instruct a forward on how to move is sheer idiocy (obviously).

Also - what has this to do with racism? Eto'o didn't accuse him of that, did he?

UnrelatedPsuedo

Not the first time Pep has been called out for conflict avoidance (or whatever you want to call it). He seemingly doesn't like to tell people to their face that he has a problem with them.
This always tickles me. I hate doing that. Pay me tens of millions of pounds a year and you’d better believe I’m paying someone else to do the shit I don’t like. It’s not a flaw. Weak? Yes. But Fcuk being riddled with anxiety and guilt if I can legitimately offload it professionally.

Rossa

In fairness, Guardiola is a much mire important person in football than Griezman.

Also, plenty of rumours about Pep being racist and/or treating black players differently:https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/et...elebrates-real-madrid-win/blt49e62a2556e76854

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
You say solid..
Needs to be sacked immediately

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
This always tickles me. I hate doing that. Pay me tens of millions of pounds a year and you’d better believe I’m paying someone else to do the shit I don’t like. It’s not a flaw. Weak? Yes. But Fcuk being riddled with anxiety and guilt if I can legitimately offload it professionally.
But it is kinda weak, yeah?

It's not like a football manager/coach has hundreds of employees working for him. He could have a chat - face to face - and tell the player in question that he's better off somewhere else, because...whatever.

I mean, it's uncomfortable and awkward, sure - it's not something you want to do (unless you're a psycho), but it's very much what a good leader should do, no?

UnrelatedPsuedo

But it is kinda weak, yeah?

It's not like a football manager/coach has hundreds of employees working for him. He could have a chat - face to face - and tell the player in question that he's better off somewhere else, because...whatever.

I mean, it's uncomfortable and awkward, sure - it's not something you want to do (unless you're a psycho), but it's very much what a good leader should do, no?
It’s definitely better to manage people that way. But (and no I’m not comparing myself to Pep) I’d probably allow myself to be weak and let other people handle it. I’d probably kid myself it let me focus on the players I want to keep and give EVERYTHING to, too. Players seem to love Pep for the most part. He clearly doesn’t like those that challenge him.

But… he’s successful to the point you’ve gotta just accept he knows what he’s good at, and what he’s not.

Fergie is always the easiest example. He was a monumental Cnut to players he felt ‘wronged’ him. It’s the same kind of behaviour.

Not supporting any of it. Just acknowledging the nuance.

IceManFtw

Saying "100% wasn't racist" is as dumb as saying it was 100% racist. You know as little as the rest of us and are speculating based on one single comment by Arteta, who might well just have said it as a way of saying he wouldn't be discussing the incident any further at that particular time.
That makes no sense

if he didn’t want to discuss it further all he had to say was I don’t/can’t speak about it

he said ‘what was said on the pitch stays on the pitch’ He must be some sort of moron if he said that knowing one of his players had been racially abused.

hodgey123

Not overly surprised to be honest but I would love to know what was actually said to cause those reactions.

arthurka

Even if he did say something it´s not something the FA will look at hard, John Terry rings a bell.

Tibs

I want to hear both sides of the story instead of internet gossip...hopefully they speak up especially Gabriel if he feels it was something that serious

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Even if he did say something it´s not something the FA will look at hard, John Terry rings a bell.
Terry was banned by the FA to be fair. It was the criminal case, the one that ended up in court, that ended with no punishment. He was handed a 4 or 5 game ban by the FA.

arthurka

Terry was banned by the FA to be fair. It was the criminal case, the one that ended up in court, that ended with no punishment. He was handed a 4 or 5 game ban by the FA.
Yeah sorry for that, it was the court case where he got off scot free. Thanks for that Pat.