Henrikh Mkhitaryan | BVB confirm transfer

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Do you want him for the reported €38m?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
I guess that's where we differ because I don't see Mahrez as the safer signing. I feel like he had an exceptional season last season out of almost nowhere and we've no idea yet if he'll be able to replicate it again.
Yeah I guess so. If I go with Micky career he was always average in his first/second years in the clubs he went to. Both in Shakhtar and Dortmund he needed couple of seasons to get it going. If we wait couple of seasons he'll be 30. That and of course whether or not he can replicate his form in Premiership as we saw Kagawa and Firmino struggling to make the jump, albeit having equally good seasons.

As for Mahrez, his next season in Prem will undoubtedly be very tough as most defenders will be doubling him and trying to take him out.

GJNJ

If Leicester are willing to buy troy deeney for £30m how much do you think they will want for Mahrez?? £50/£60 million? They aren't going to sell him easy to a 'rival.'

Southampton will want similar for màne also and don't think he is worth that.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think he was very good in his first season, and yeah, poor in his second but so were Dortmund in general. So 3 out of the last 4 years, that's pretty damn good, especially as he's now entering his peak. IMO he was also better than Mahrez last season.
You do know that so many people are talking shit about Zlatan and how he has only performed in the French league and hence its not a big deal? So if the French league isnt big enough then surely the Ukrainian league isnt either?

hobbers

Payet would probably be a "safer" signing than both Mahrez and Mkhitaryan. Mainly because his style of play is not reliant on the counterattack to the extent that Mahrez's is, and obviously has Prem experience over Mkhitaryan.

Still though, even for €40m, I think Mkhitaryan would be a great signing. We're in a world where Greizmann would cost €80m, James Rodriguez €90m, Sane €50-60m, Lukaku and Barkley both £50m+.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Yeah I guess so. If I go with Micky career he was always average in his first/second years in the clubs he went to. Both in Shakhtar and Dortmund he needed couple of seasons to get it going. If we wait couple of seasons he'll be 30. That and of course whether or not he can replicate his form in Premiership as we saw Kagawa and Firmino struggling to make the jump, albeit having equally good seasons.
He's the type of player who needs the unshakable support from his coach/manager. He had it from Lucescu and from Tuchel. Will Jose show him this kind of affection, too if he goes into passenger mode for a spell of games?

Varun

Staff
Thing is, I posted that already before you came in to quote me....

Obviously we are perceiving things here a bit differently about the nailed on to shine part. And I'm pretty sure my reading comprehension is not that bad. The Messi exaggeration doesn't help you to make your point any more valid, either.;)
Yes, which is why I asked you to make your mind up.

My point is simple, he's not nailed on to do well. He could turn out to be a success, he could fail. That's how transfers goes unless you sign someone like Messi who's nailed on to be a success anywhere. So you saying he could turn out to be a 40mil failure is nothing groundbreaking. That's exactly why I used Messi as an example, he's among the very very few who would be certain to succeed.

Anyways, this is digressing too far away from why I actually quoted you which was your 1st post calling him an overrated dross. That's nonsense and unless you disagree with me about that, there's no disagreements to discuss.

Payet would probably be a "safer" signing than both Mahrez and Mkhitaryan. Mainly because his style of play is not reliant on the counterattack to the extent that Mahrez's is, and obviously has Prem experience over Mkhitaryan.
He's 29 and has a long term contract with WHU, he'd cost 60m+

Or in other words, he's going nowhere.

GJNJ

Payet would probably be a "safer" signing .
West ham are not going to sell him easily either and they will want a big fee, I'm not saying he will be finished at 29 but paying £50m + based in one season just doesn't really work.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
€4m, hah. That is literally 2 hours of sponsor income. Pay up woody you stingy cnut.

jungledrums

He's the type of player who needs the unshakable support from his coach/manager. He had it from Lucescu and from Tuchel. Will Jose show him this kind of affection, too if he goes into passenger mode for a spell of games?
Not disputing this, as it's been said quite regularly here, but what is the evidence behind these claims? I only see this idea on the Caf; I've never seen media outlets report that he's mentally weak or that he needed special attention from managers.

SwansonsTache

You are clearly a WUM with ugly Lederhosen-pants! Go away, do party for the Meisterschaft with the other boring 5 fans of Buy€rn at the Marienplatz!
German e-fight, please do continue.

@2ndTouch will you accept this clear provocation from a supporter of your feeder club? ATTACK!

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
So you saying he could turn out to be a 40mil failure is nothing groundbreaking. That's exactly why I used Messi as an example, he's among the very very few who would be certain to succeed.
That's probably one of the big differences in the mentality between the fan of a PL club, and a fan of a BuLi club. For 40 million you better deliver in our league.:lol:

Tiber

If 27 year old Troy Deeney could move for £30million then 40 million Euros for 27 year old Mkhitaryan is a bargain

GJNJ

That's probably one of the big differences in the mentality between the fan of a PL club, and a fan of a BuLi club. For 40 million you better deliver in our league.:lol:
Not a difference in mentality, just realistic that not all transfers pan out and if it doesn't then it will be a shame but 40 million is going to lose us any sleep...especially as in most case the fee only bothers rivals and the media.

Varun

Staff
It has absolutely nothing to do with mentality of the fans. It's simply a league which makes too much money which then reflects in the wages and transfer fees. Troy bloody Deeney is being valued at 30mil by his club for instance.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It has absolutely nothing to do with mentality of the fans. It's simply a league which makes too much money which then reflects in the wages and transfer fees. Troy bloody Deeney is being valued at 30mil by his club for instance.
But making a lot of money doesn't make you lose the sense of money, only the nouveaux riches act like that. On the continent 40m is a lot of money, even the big clubs consider it like a big investment.

Varun

Staff
But making a lot of money doesn't make you lose the sense of money, only the nouveaux riches act like that. On the continent 40m is a lot of money, even the big clubs consider it like a big investment.
Yes, but 40mil no longer buys you someone who's certain to success because the prices are inflated due to the money in the PL. A club in Spain or Germany get much more value for the buck, it's just how it is and it's about the money in the PL and not the mentality fans have. When every club out there and their dog know that clubs in the PL are loaded, you can't get deals that other clubs could.

SwansonsTache

To put things into perspective, just to advance from the Championship to the PL gives clubs about £100m, you cant expect a league with money like that to be sensible.

The wisest thing foreign clubs can do is to capitalize from these silly riches, and it seems like most of them are catching on.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Shut up and pay. Selling you rich ignorants overpriced dross is our leagues' promising new business model.
Like? How many overpriced dross have Bundesliga clubs sold to PL clubs?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Like? How many overpriced dross have Bundesliga clubs sold to PL clubs?
This statement of mine has been discussed at length already. So I can only advise to read the thread entirely.

And in general, the tendency for prem clubs to overpay drastically for players is well known. The prices Mainz could fetch for Okazski or Augsburg for Baba sparked quite a bit of attention over here.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Paying €12m for Klose and €30m for Son were my favourites.

itso 7

While i am not against this move and we do need to strengthen our creative options especially on the sides, still he is only a year younger than Mata, who we'll discard (it's not like i am against that either) and even with 1 year left, he might cost 30m.

While Mane who has two seasons in PL is like 3 years younger and with his speed looks like a more appropriate option for us. He is cheaper in terms of fee, with 20-25m deal possible and i am 100% sure he will be like 1,5-2 times cheaper in salary. So i seriously doubt that Micha is our best option and we should break bank and be involved in transfer saga with him. It's also sort of alarming we buy players in bulks from the same agent, never ends well that.
Where did you get that price for Mane? Did Southampton send you a quote? One thing is certain - as long as we are desperate for talent and in need of a rebuild then each club we do business with will try to fleece us but if we ever return to the upper echelons of the game we will have more bargaining power because we will be rebuilding from a position of strength with players more eager to join us and our prices will reflect that.

Mainoldo

If 27 year old Troy Deeney could move for £30million then 40 million Euros for 27 year old Mkhitaryan is a bargain
If Troy Deeney can go for £30m don't be pissed off if we end up buying Pogba for £120m

#JustSayin

JPRouve

Scout
Yes, but 40mil no longer buys you someone who's certain to success because the prices are inflated due to the money in the PL. A club in Spain or Germany get much more value for the buck, it's just how it is and it's about the money in the PL and not the mentality fans have. When every club out there and their dog know that clubs in the PL are loaded, you can't get deals that other clubs could.
I'm not talking about the fans mentality, we have no influence. 40m on the continent will get you a big player and for less than 15m you will have one of the best talent that's true in Spain, Italy, France or Germany.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I liked Kagawa. He would have undoubtedly taken off had we not impulsively bought RvP and had to shift him wide to make room for Rooney.
I think Ferguson retiring killed Kagawa's career with us. He and Van Persie looked like the short-mid term future. Moyes came in, signed Rooney to that stupid contract, and then bought Mata.

Varun

Staff
I'm not talking about the fans mentality, we have no influence. 40m on the continent will get you a big player and for less than 15m you will have one of the best talent that's true in Spain, Italy, France or Germany.
Yep, my reply was to the German fan saying it's about the fans mentality which it isn't. It's just a result of the money in the PL.

JPRouve

Scout
Yep, my reply was to the German fan saying it's about the fans mentality which it isn't. It's just a result of the money in the PL.
My bad I missed that part. Now you are right about the english market and its interaction with other markets, in England they have a weird sense of value, for example Benjamin Mendy who is one of our best talent is set to join Monaco from Marseille for around 12m€.

Vilev

Where did you get that price for Mane? Did Southampton send you a quote?
Papers, it's not like Dortmund send us a quote or a pricing option for Micha, we know about 40m euros (30m pounds) in the same manner. From papers.
One thing is certain - as long as we are desperate for talent and in need of a rebuild then each club we do business with will try to fleece us but if we ever return to the upper echelons of the game we will have more bargaining power because we will be rebuilding from a position of strength with players more eager to join us and our prices will reflect that.
Don't see how that is relevant. Micha is as eager as they come, last year of the contract and we still can't really get the proper deal done.
I don't think it's about all this rebuilding stuff, many teams rebuild, don't feature in CL and still do great deals. They even get players from CL-clubs, like Spurs got Ajax's Eriksen for 11-12m. And he was like their top player etc. It's about having a good groundwork, having lots of options, so that you are not cornered and so on.

ReDDHDevilS

Paying €12m for Klose and €30m for Son were my favourites.
If it's Timm Klose then he's actually a good signing for Norwich. I'd say him getting injured and missing the rest of the season was probably the difference between Norwich getting relegated instead of staying up, that's around £100m we're talking about. They'd their best run once he settled but when he got injured, their defense became leaky again.

Knew Son would be a poor buy as it'd Kagawa written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.