Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Remember Chelsea game at the bridge. He didn't want to be on the pitch. He couldn't wait to come off. He's at the right place now.
Yep.. getting rid of him for Sanchez is a work of genius. Not that the media want to admit that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yep.. getting rid of him for Sanchez is a work of genius. Not that the media want to admit that.
For sure. Sanchez will be same old Sanchez and Mkhiki be Mkhiki - a fair weather player.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Absolutely dreadful performance from him today. Easily the worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

So glad to get rid. Arsenal fans will be saying the same thing when he leaves their club next January.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Heh yeah, not like we swapped Mkhi to get Sanchez. They had basically the same performance, against the same opponent, with only a few days inbetween. Maybe you're Chilean?
Mkhitaryan was one of Arsenal's worst players, Sanchez was one of our best players. Mkhitaryan was not in the game whatsoever, while Sanchez was part of every attacking move we had against Tottenham of which there were several in the first half.

If I were to rate their performances, I'd give Sanchez a 6/10 and Mkhitaryan a 3/10. He was just atrocious.

Halftrack

Heh yeah, not like we swapped Mkhi to get Sanchez. They had basically the same performance, against the same opponent, with only a few days inbetween. Maybe you're Chilean?
Heh no. Mikhi was a complete liability for Arsenal, Sanchez was the best United player on the pitch, and the only one who came out of that first half with his dignity intact. Same performance, indeed. Christ.

Borden

My god, the sensitivity of some of you really is a sight to behold. The tiniest perceived slight against Mourinho is seen as the nastiest of insults, and the poster making it treated with pure scorn. I’ve already said Mourinho made the right decision getting rid of Mkhi, he was utter trash for us, and I’m delighted we got Sanchez in return. But that’s not good enough. Merely suggesting Mkhi might be a better player under a manager whose teams throughout his career have been known for cohesive, high tempo attacking football (the type under which Mkhi thrived at Dortmund) is apparently a bridge way too fecking far, and labelled as ‘pure cnutery’ by ‘fecking idiots’.

Get a fecking grip.

haram

fecking shit. If you think he should still be here you’re fecking deluded.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's obvious many Arsenal fans didn't watch him play for us except from his highlights, if they did they wouldn't have been so excited about him.

OverratedOpinion

To be fair that does pretty much fit in line with things we have heard about their management styles in the past. Not to be too harsh on Wenger but it probably does play a part in them going so long without real success.

Most great players want a coach who will challenge them.

AR87

My god, the sensitivity of some of you really is a sight to behold. The tiniest perceived slight against Mourinho is seen as the nastiest of insults, and the poster making it treated with pure scorn. I’ve already said Mourinho made the right decision getting rid of Mkhi, he was utter trash for us, and I’m delighted we got Sanchez in return. But that’s not good enough. Merely suggesting Mkhi might be a better player under a manager whose teams throughout his career have been known for cohesive, high tempo attacking football (the type under which Mkhi thrived at Dortmund) is apparently a bridge way too fecking far, and labelled as ‘pure cnutery’ by ‘fecking idiots’.

Get a fecking grip.
Klopp is known for cohesive, high tempo attacking football. How'd Mkhi play under him? He's a choke artist on the biggest stages. Go watch his performance for Dortmund against Real. One of the most dire performances you'll see from an attacker on the biggest stage. If any United player wasted that many opportunities in that important of a match they'd get slaughtered endlessly for it.

He's a good player. Useful even, but if he's a fixture in your starting XI you're not going to compete for major titles. If he's starting for you then your top level in England is competing for top 4.

GM K

Same ol same for Miki today. Lack of spatial awareness (this is the worst characteristic of his football), lack of energy, poor decision making and failure to impose himself on the game. Trading him for Sanchez will go down in football history as one of the best swap deals ever (for the team that got Sanchez of course).

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Looks like the Arsenal/Mkhitaryan love affair is over already. The realisation of what they've taken on will hit them hard after a few more games. Feel sorry for the guy.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think it's crazy to buy Mkhi and basically ask him to do what Sanchez was doing for them from the left. He isn't that type of ballsy player, he's a bit of a pussy and cannot play well if the others around him are also bad. Even at Dortmund, during his best form he wasn't that player.

POF

I was really surprised at the narrative that Miki was a really talented attacking superstar who was stifled by Jose and would thrive under Wenger.

I do agree that Arsenal suits him better. He can look great when they hockey poor teams at home and be like the rest of the team when he doesn't turn up in the big games.

The quote from him about the managers shows that he'd rather win nothing than be challenged by the manager. He just wasn't the right character for United.

Arsenal were completely outclassed today. It really should have been 4 or 5 nil.

pseudo_canadian

Same ol same for Miki today. Lack of spatial awareness (this is the worst characteristic of his football), lack of energy, poor decision making and failure to impose himself on the game. Trading him for Sanchez will go down in football history as one of the best swap deals ever (for the team that got Sanchez of course).
The swap deal is even more atrocious for Arsenal because they're selling to a direct, long-time rival. Would have been OK if they were swapping with a team outside of the Prem. But giving your best player in return for a player who's criminally underperformed for months?

United simply couldn't have gotten a better deal than they did. Great business.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I was really surprised at the narrative that Miki was a really talented attacking superstar who was stifled by Jose and would thrive under Wenger.

I do agree that Arsenal suits him better. He can look great when they hockey poor teams at home and be like the rest of the team when he doesn't turn up in the big games.

The quote from him about the managers shows that he'd rather win nothing than be challenged by the manager. He just wasn't the right character for United.

Arsenal were completely outclassed today. It really should have been 4 or 5 nil.
Mkhi was sub-par today, there were two chances which he definitely could have played better. But the game was lost in the midfield and defence. He did a decent enough job tracking back and the game plan was working in the first half when we could've been up if not for a incorrectly called offside. The midfield is the base on which victories are built, even Sanchez wouldve looked poor when the midfield was as uncoordinated as it was the beginning of the second half.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
To be fair that does pretty much fit in line with things we have heard about their management styles in the past. Not to be too harsh on Wenger but it probably does play a part in them going so long without real success.

Most great players want a coach who will challenge them
I think they will also mostly wanna play with a pro who can help them compete to win things no matter the method and Wenger doesn't bring that. Just to be clear, I'm agreeing with you, just wanted to add something else. It goes without saying that you cannot compete seriously if your manager doesn't push you

hn4manunited

I think he suits Arsenal’s team profile and season performance. They are not looking to challenge for top spots. They’ll be content with challenging for top 4 and winning a cup here and there. Not as much pressure and the other arsenal players are also mild. There are no big personalities that overpowers anyone in the team. You can tell mkhi is definitely more comfortable among them.

Dinghy

Mkhitaryan was not in the game whatsoever, while Sanchez was part of every attacking move we had against Tottenham of which there were several in the first half.
"Every attacking move"... We basically had nothing, except from a few nice moves in the first 20 minutes. Second half, Sanchez was nowhere to be seen. Both were struggling, dropping possession easily, which is quite normal when you're facing a tough and dominant opponent. Regardless of their performances against Tottenham, Mkhitaryan will do better at Arsenal, and Sanchez will do well at United.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Gave his usual big game performance today. Will not be missed.

Classical Mechanic

Mkhi was sub-par today, there were two chances which he definitely could have played better. But the game was lost in the midfield and defence. He did a decent enough job tracking back and the game plan was working in the first half when we could've been up if not for a incorrectly called offside. The midfield is the base on which victories are built, even Sanchez wouldn't looked poor when the midfield was as uncoordinated as it was the beginning of the second half.
Seen that game many times for United, complete with that depressed look when he was subbed as he knows he bottled it. This is what he does. We all (well most of us) told you.

haram

They did not have the same performance.

el3mel

Sanchez didn't hide in a shell against Spurs when the team was poor.

It's not performance issue only with Mikhi. The guy is a coward on the pitch. He hides in his shell when his team is in a pinch and doesn't try at all. His mentality is disgraceful when the team really needs him, some thing you can't say about Sanchez who keeps asking for the ball and trying.

Dinghy

Sanchez didn't hide in a shell against Spurs when the team was poor.
The whole team was extremely poor in the second half, and Sanchez was basically invisible. Much like we've seen from Mkhi before.

el3mel

The whole team was extremely poor in the second half, and Sanchez was basically invisible. Much like we've seen from Mkhi before.
Not saying that Sanchez was in his best form in this form but seriously, you think both Sanchez and Mikhi had the same mentality in both games ? Sanchez wasn't the best on the pitch but he kept asking for the ball and kept trying against the odds. Mikhi doesn't fight at all and hides from the ball each time his team really need him. I can excuse bad performance but terrible mentality on the pitch is inexcusable.

Again it's not performance issue. Mikhi is a coward in these kind of games. We have seen it a lot and we all know that.

Pace Abuser

Sanchez has proven himself to have big performances on the big stage, something Mikhi has never done.
Extrapolating a similarity based on one game is pretty half witted like it proves something. When Mikhi has one, just one big performance in a big game he'll have the monkey off his back, until then, every performance like today will be added to reinforcing the typical impression he's become tagged with.