Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Didn’t Keown say they hadn’t won a premier league away game that he has played in?

Still likes to dissapear when he is expected to perform then.

fellaini's barber

Point proven.
Aren't you the guy who posted 'shows what he can do when the team is set up to attack' or some stupid shit when Mkhi had 3 assists against Everton and was rightly mocked when Mkhi spent the next few games being horrid. I'm guessing he's had another good game and you are back with the same shit. So relentless you lot:lol:

Borden

Aren't you the guy who posted 'shows what he can do when the team is set up to attack' or some stupid shit when Mkhi had 3 assists against Everton and was rightly mocked when Mkhi spent the next few games being horrid. I'm guessing he's had another good game and you are back with the same shit. So relentless you lot:lol:
Yep. And I've already elaborated on that post, which boils down to a lot of the same points Ekeke made on the last page. Hardly controversial.

'Back with the same shit'? Do you even read before you respond to posts, or is that asking too much of you? I didn't even watch the game tonight, as I have zero interest in Arsenal's EL campaign. Nor do I care about Mkhitaryan anymore for that matter, other than being interested in seeing how he's doing under a more attacking manager, and whether he can reproduce his Dortmund form in a team that should suit him far better than Mourinho's United ever did.

Also - I have to ask - are you schizophrenic or something? Because I seem to remember you making several posts critical of Mourinho's style of play and his (in)ability to get the best out of his players in other threads, and yet here you are (again) making another pointless, snide remark about a post that expressed that very same view. Make up your mind(s).

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
Wheres that quote where I said Arsenal are the best offensive team in the league? If you don't reply with a direct quote, consider yourself a liar. No more questions.
Stop it we know already you don't have nothing to replay with. You said that Arsenal are a good attacking team because they push everyone forware ane make runs, and when I faced you with the fact they are outscored by almost everyone else, you tried to twist it by saying they are poor finishers, and when I asked about your opinion in our attack last season when we missed the most big chances in he league but scored only 54 goals, you got nothing more to replay with because your logic was flawed from the start anyway.

Enjoy your good attacking team then.
Looking at this debate, I have to say you've been destroyed el3mel :lol:. Seriously though, you're writing things that Ekeke never even mentioned in the first place. I don't see anywhere where he categorically stated or even remotely hinted that Arsenal are the best offensive team in the league but rather offer a favorable environment for attacking play/attacking players. It's as simple as that.

el3mel

Looking at this debate, I have to say you've been destroyed el3mel :lol:. Seriously though, you're writing things that Ekeke never even mentioned in the first place. I don't see anywhere where he categorically stated or even remotely hinted that Arsenal are the best offensive team in the league but rather offer a favorable environment for attacking play/attacking players. It's as simple as that.
Destroyed ? Ok. Enjoy your time and great addition to the debate.

Dominant

wow. the number of mourinho loyalists up in arms here is seriously cringeworthy.

Fridge chutney

Mhiki was shite for us this year. Easy to blame Mourinho but when he disappeared in games and couldn't complete simple passes or do the basics, that's squarely on the player. He was given more opportunity than most and he failed.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Mhiki was shite for us this year. Easy to blame Mourinho but when he disappeared in games and couldn't complete simple passes or do the basics, that's squarely on the player. He was given more opportunity than most and he failed.
Exactly. Too many points to use against Jose, Mkhi is not one of them. If anything I'm glad he sold him for Sanchez. Even without Sanchez also I would have been glad to see him out after so many poor games.

fellaini's barber

Yep. And I've already elaborated on that post, which boils down to a lot of the same points Ekeke made on the last page. Hardly controversial.

'Back with the same shit'? Do you even read before you respond to posts, or is that asking too much of you? I didn't even watch the game tonight, as I have zero interest in Arsenal's EL campaign. Nor do I care about Mkhitaryan anymore for that matter, other than being interested in seeing how he's doing under a more attacking manager, and whether he can reproduce his Dortmund form in a team that should suit him far better than Mourinho's United ever did.

Also - I have to ask - are you schizophrenic or something? Because I seem to remember you making several posts critical of Mourinho's style of play and his (in)ability to get the best out of his players in other threads, and yet here you are (again) making another pointless, snide remark about a post that expressed that very same view. Make up your mind(s).
The bolded is key, some of us recognise the fact that despite Jose's shortcomings with getting the best out of our attacking players, he's not to blame for Mkhis uselessness here. The likes of Martial and Rashford are struggling under our shite attacking set up too, yes they will probably look better under a different manager, but they haven't even come remotely close to looking as consistently shite as Mkhi. The funny thing with your Mkhi obsession is that he's still shite at Arsenal like he was with us, few good games when they're playing dross and still useless in every other game but some of you have taken it upon yourselves to slate Mourinho every once in a while he plays well. At what point are you going to accept that the guy just wasn't good enough to play for us Jose or not?Whenever we sell shit players a cult develops on here to moan whenever they have a good game.

This is no different to the Welbeck situation, people were so blind with their hatred for LVG that even 2 years on, people were still bumping his thread moaning about losing him whenever he managed to score a goal, which thankfully was 2-3 times per season. I really disliked LVG too, but could still recognise that Welbeck was shite and worth getting rid. Exactly same way I feel with Mkhi. We both don't like Jose I guess, but at the same time not everthing he does is wrong, he shouldn't be getting criticism for things like selling Mkhi, the man was shite, is still shite for Arsenal, let it go

togg

Weak player mentally. His good moments were far outweighed by his inept ones. I was perfectly happy for him to go but it would really piss me off if he's a success at Arsenal.

Mihai

wow. the number of mourinho loyalists up in arms here is seriously cringeworthy.
45% ;)

Seriously, what is cringeworthy is that every thread on redcafe turns out to be a Mourinho debate nowadays.

Litch

Good luck to him and I think he'll do well there. It's a shame we couldn't get a tune out of him here but the environment here under Jose requires you to be mentally strong and be not afraid of public criticism which can be a bit belittling at times. Some players love playing on the edge others hate it. He's better suited to Wenger who completely backs his players (which equally makes them complacent)....

Borden

The bolded is key, some of us recognise the fact that despite Jose's shortcomings with getting the best out of our attacking players, he's not to blame for Mkhis uselessness here. The likes of Martial and Rashford are struggling under our shite attacking set up too, yes they will probably look better under a different manager, but they haven't even come remotely close to looking as consistently shite as Mkhi. The funny thing with your Mkhi obsession is that he's still shite at Arsenal like he was with us, few good games when they're playing dross and still useless in every other game but some of you have taken it upon yourselves to slate Mourinho every once in a while he plays well. At what point are you going to accept that the guy just wasn't good enough to play for us Jose or not?Whenever we sell shit players a cult develops on here to moan whenever they have a good game.

This is no different to the Welbeck situation, people were so blind with their hatred for LVG that even 2 years on, people were still bumping his thread moaning about losing him whenever he managed to score a goal, which thankfully was 2-3 times per season. I really disliked LVG too, but could still recognise that Welbeck was shite and worth getting rid. Exactly same way I feel with Mkhi. We both don't like Jose I guess, but at the same time not everthing he does is wrong, he shouldn't be getting criticism for things like selling Mkhi, the man was shite, is still shite for Arsenal, let it go
That's me convinced: you are imagining things and can't read. Shame.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Destroyed ? Ok. Enjoy your time and great addition to the debate.
Come on now. They have a point. You brought up something no one mentioned and when confronted about it you deflect with some irrelevant comments.

It's pretty simple, just prove if what you're claiming has been mentioned.

Would have been lucky to have got £15m for him is we sold him after such a poor period of form, his age and wage that he was on - so no issue at all in selling him. The real question is why did we buy him in the first place, it seems it’s well understood he is ‘sensitive’, is inconsistent and quite frankly was not suited to a Utd team, let alone a Jose Utd team.

Couldn’t care less whether he does fantastically well for Arsenal or is appalling, or anywhere inbetween. Clearly he would never be a quality player at Utd, so best for everyone that he moved on.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Not as cringeworthy as what Borden and Santoryo are up to.

Yes, I'm watching closely :rolleyes:
They have a hard-on for Martial, which makes a lot of their nonsensical posts make sense. There are also a lot that have a hard-on for Luke Shaw and post similarly nonsensical posts.

There is a lot of things you can use to criticize the manager; defeats like Huddersfield and Sevilla are examples. Sensible posters have used these to point out how we seem to only play at a high intensity when we concede. But some go full conspiracy theory and talk about him having outdated tactics as if they know a donkeys about tactics at the top level of football. The best one is that he has agendas against specific players, as if they are right there in the dressing room and training ground privy to all the details.

SirAF

Ageist
They have a hard-on for Martial, which makes a lot of their nonsensical posts make sense. There are also a lot that have a hard-on for Luke Shaw and post similarly nonsensical posts.

There is a lot of things you can use to criticize the manager; defeats like Huddersfield and Sevilla are examples. Sensible posters have used these to point out how we seem to only play at a high intensity when we concede. But some go full conspiracy theory and talk about him having outdated tactics as if they know a donkeys about tactics at the top level of football. The best one is that he has agendas against specific players, as if they are right there in the dressing room and training ground privy to all the details.
Exactly right.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Exactly. Too many points to use against Jose, Mkhi is not one of them. If anything I'm glad he sold him for Sanchez. Even without Sanchez also I would have been glad to see him out after so many poor games.
You could use the point that Jose was the one that brought Mkhi to Utd, no? If the sources are to be believed Arsenal had all but signed Mkhitaryan from Dortmund, when Utd gazumped us with higher tranfer fee and wages. If, as was proved just one year down the line, the player was so unsuited to Utd style why was he even purchased. Thats something against Mourinho I'm afraid. Only about half the transfers,players ever work in the team but that doesn't mean that blame shouldn't be appropriated when a transfer fails, or credit shouldnt be given when they do work. It actually doesn't even matter if he does well at Arsenal or not, he didn't do well at utd due to either being a poor player or being a poor fit to the team. Everyone involved in scouting him should share the blame including Mourinho.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He should have been our Salah.

He would have been, had it not been for our manager.
Bullshit comment. Mkhi has always been a pussy, not sure what gives him the right to speak about our club tbh. Not like he's setting Arsenal alight at the moment.

Fridge chutney

Everyone involved in scouting him should share the blame including Mourinho.
So everyone shares blame except the actual player who was shite? That makes no sense. Mhiki needs to take responsibility for playing badly. As an example Sanchez came out over the break and said he expects better from himself. He subsequently played very well at the weekend.

With Mhiki it seems everyone is at fault except for the player himself. The poor flower can't possibly be criticised... It's everyone else's fault!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Wow. I know which thread I'm camping in this afternoon.

roonster09

Scout
You could use the point that Jose was the one that brought Mkhi to Utd, no? If the sources are to be believed Arsenal had all but signed Mkhitaryan from Dortmund, when Utd gazumped us with higher tranfer fee and wages. If, as was proved just one year down the line, the player was so unsuited to Utd style why was he even purchased. Thats something against Mourinho I'm afraid. Only about half the transfers,players ever work in the team but that doesn't mean that blame shouldn't be appropriated when a transfer fails, or credit shouldnt be given when they do work. It actually doesn't even matter if he does well at Arsenal or not, he didn't do well at utd due to either being a poor player or being a poor fit to the team. Everyone involved in scouting him should share the blame including Mourinho.
Well no manager gets 100% spot on with players, not something I'm very much worried. Mourinho gets it right more often than most, so yeah it's not something I will be using against him. At least he realised how poor he was and offloaded within 18 months and also upgraded with superb player.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Well no manager gets 100% spot on with players, not something I'm very much worried. Mourinho gets it right more often than most, so yeah it's not something I will be using against him. At least he realised how poor he was and offloaded within 18 months and also upgraded with superb player.
Sanchez over martial is barely an upgrade.

roonster09

Scout
Sanchez over martial is barely an upgrade.
Sanchez over Mkhitaryan is a big upgrade and with preseason and everything Sanchez will be big upgrade on Martial.

Amazing Arsenal fan thinks Sanchez is not upgrade on Martial when he was involved in more than 30 league goals last season for Arsenal.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Miki was always decent in Europe.
His problem is when he has to play in a tough game against an English side.
If Arsenal are cruising to a win, Miki will do well. But if you need to make a comeback or need to fight for a win, this is not the guy you want in your team.
Against CP, for example, when we were 2-0 down at half time, had Miki been in the team in the 2nd half, we'd be playing with 10 men.

The best way to play against a team with Miki, is to put in a real hard tackle on Miki, in the opening minutes of the match. From that point on-wards, Arsenal will be playing with 10 men.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He should have been our Salah.

He would have been, had it not been for our manager.
You think that another manager would somehow have given Miki a pair of balls?
Miki is not a physical player. He shies away from hard tackling and physicality. This was the reason why he was always weak against teams in England, who play with aggression and physicality.
Miki is a grown man, at the peak of his physical powers and should have done a lot better than he did when playing for us. This falls on Miki's shoulders.

Velvet Revolver

At United: Good player on his day (sadly the days were few and far between). Helped us immensely in getting the Europa League. Won 2 cups with United in his debut season. He needed constant moral boost and confidence which he didn't get from Jose. Regarding his departure, both parties are to blame with the higher percentage on Mikhi since he was the one who should perform on the pitch.

At Arsenal: Good player on his day. Has more freedom in the attacking areas with lesser responsibility in defending his space. He will thrive here and play good football but will never be more than that and I guess he is happy with that too. May win the Europa League again this time Though! :)

What I dont like is the silly antics (by Mikhi) of trying to comment with subtext aimed as a jibe at United. Fine you got the move you wanted to play the football you always 'Dreamed of' end of story. Life is short, make the most of it etc etc etc... I know anything remotely bad/negative about United sells more but I think footballers should be a little more professional than that

CM

If you believe that last line, what qualifies you to dismiss these posts as nonsensical and conspiracy?

Kevin de Bruyne said pretty much exactly that happened to him at Chelsea. I expect you to dismiss that as well but it certainly isn't out of the question that a manager simply doesn't take a liking towards certain players or their styles.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Sanchez over Mkhitaryan is a big upgrade and with preseason and everything Sanchez will be big upgrade on Martial.

Amazing Arsenal fan thinks Sanchez is not upgrade on Martial when he was involved in more than 30 league goals last season for Arsenal.
Okay, we'll just let time be the judge about who turns out to be better Martial or Sanchez.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
If you believe that last line, what qualifies you to dismiss these posts as nonsensical and conspiracy?

Kevin de Bruyne said pretty much exactly that happened to him at Chelsea. I expect you to dismiss that as well but it certainly isn't out of the question that a manager simply doesn't take a liking towards certain players or their styles.
That's how critical thinking works; when you claim something out of the ordinary to be the case you must provide evidence of it. I can claim to be able to see ghosts, and when someone questions it I can't just say, 'Well you can't see them either so how do you know I can't see them?'

And no, Martial being dropped 'unfairly' is not evidence, especially considering he has played plenty of games for us.

The Kevin de Bruyne example is completely irrelevant. When has Mourinho come out with comments anything close to that for Martial? Has he been frozen out of the team like De Bruyne? Sent on loan twice like De Bruyne? De Bruyne is an actual case of a player being unfairly treated, because everyone that has worked with him has praised his work ethic and training levels. Martial is not played in every single game because he has limitations in his game that mean he isn't suitable for every game. That is not an agenda, but how most managers deal with young players that are still ironing out their game.