Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

Fabian Keller

Oh piss off. What a ludicrous comment. What has Mikhitaryan ever done to show he could score 30+ goals in a season?
No one thought Salah could have a 30 goal pl season. Especially after his last time in England under Mourinho. Mkhi was Bundesliga player of the season, assisting and scoring for fun.

Him and Salah are very similar and comparable. Personality wise, background wise and footballing wise.

Ekeke

The responses here are weird to me.

You just have to watch Arsenal, see how many people get forward into the attacks and how many people are open to be passed to to see why an attacking player would prefer and do better in that environment. With Arsenal we've all seen that often that comes at a cost defensively, but even so that can make them more entertaining to watch than a team who just grind out results.

I said when Miki went to Arsenal and Sanchez came here that its no surprise that Miki has started off well in a team like that. And that while I think Sanchez is a better player, he faced a much harder task coming to us than Miki did going to Arsenal. Because we don't attack in the kind of numbers and freedom that Arsenal do

el3mel

You just have to watch Arsenal, see how many people get forward into the attacks and how many people are open to be passed to to see why an attacking player would prefer and do better in that environment. With Arsenal we've all seen that often that comes at a cost defensively, but even so that can make them more entertaining to watch than a team who just grind out results.

I said when Miki went to Arsenal and Sanchez came here that its no surprise that Miki has started off well in a team like that. And that while I think Sanchez is a better player, he faced a much harder task coming to us than Miki did going to Arsenal. Because we don't attack in the kind of numbers and freedom that Arsenal do
This is a complete myth. Are you sure you're talking about Arsenal not Liverpool or Spurs ?

Arsenal have scored only 58 goals in the league. They're 5th out of 6 teams in terms of how many goals scored, only outscoring Chelsea and by 5 goals only. Good luck to this entertaining attacking side.

Ekeke

This is a complete myth. Are you sure you're talking about Arsenal not Liverpool or Spurs ?

Arsenal have scored only 58 goals in the league. They're 5th out of 6 teams in terms of how many goals scored, only outscoring Chelsea and by 5 goals only. Good luck to this entertaining attacking side.
Yes I'm talking about the team I watched matches of to see it for myself.

Goals scored tell you very little. Thats the crowning accomplishment of an attack, it doesnt tell you how many attacks you had or how many people got forward to support the attacks, how many people had made a run that could have been played into a dangerous position.

When you have those stats get back to me. Alternatively go watch 5 matches.

el3mel

Yes I'm talking about the team I watched matches of to see it for myself.

Goals scored tell you very little. Thats the crowning accomplishment of an attack, it doesnt tell you how many attacks you had or how many people got forward to support the attacks, how many people had made a run that could have been played into a dangerous position.

When you have those stats get back to me. Alternatively go watch 5 matches.
Are you talking seriously ? So they are bumbing everever forward, make lots of runs and play in dangerous positions, then got outscored by almost all other top clubs bar one, and you don't think that logic isn't flawed at all.

Please don't make me laugh. If their attack is that brilliant why don't they score similar number of goals as City, liverpooL or Spurs ?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Are you talking seriously ? So they are bumbing everyon forward, make lots of runs and play in dangerous positions, then got outscored by almost all other top clubs bar one, and you don't think logic isn't flawed at all.

Please don't make me laugh. If their attack is that brilliant why don't yhey score aimilar number of goals as City, liverpooL or Spurs ?
The only stat that he/she ignores is the one that actually matters. Maybe they celebrate a chance created like they celebrate a goal?

Ekeke

Are you talking seriously ? So they are bumbing everyon forward, make lots of runs and play in dangerous positions, then got outscored by almost all other top clubs bar one, and you don't think logic isn't flawed at all.

Please don't make me laugh. If their attack is that brilliant why don't yhey score aimilar number of goals as City, liverpooL or Spurs ?
No I dont. Because goals scored are how many times a team finishes off the attack. Not how many times they attack or how many people got forward to support it. What dont you understand about what a goal is as compared to how a team plays?

Arsenal arent the best finishers. Havent been for a long time. We know this.

Nobody said their attack is brilliant, please learn to read posts before replying to them. Arsenal simply attack with more players getting forward to support their players (for example Ramsey bombing forward from CM to end up in a striker's position. How many times do we see that from Matic, Pogba, etc?) BUT Arsenal also tend to be easily counter attacked and a bit weak defensively.

Its not that Arsenal are better. Its that its a better environment for a creative attacking player to enjoy their football because it plays to their strengths

Heres a more relevant stat for you, Arsenal average 3 more shots than we do and over 1 more in the penalty area per game. But yeah they have scored less, what does that tell you? Their problem isnt creating chances its finishing them.

el3mel

No I dont. Because goals scored are how many times a team finishes off the attack. Not how many times they attack or how many people got forward to support it. What dont you understand about what a goal is as compared to how a team plays?

Arsenal arent the best finishers. Havent been for a long time. We know this.

Nobody said their attack is brilliant, please learn to read posts before replying to them. Arsenal simply attack with more players getting forward to support their players (for example Ramsey bombing forward from CM to end up in a striker's position. How many times do we see that from Matic, Pogba, etc?) BUT Arsenal also tend to be easily counter attacked and a bit weak defensively.

Its not that Arsenal are better. Its that its a better environment for a creative attacking player to enjoy their football because it plays to their strengths
This logic is so flawed it's ridiculous. Just one question will destroy your flawed argument whatsover, were you considering us the best offensive team in the league last season when we had the most number of huge chances missed while only scoring 54 goals ?

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/big_chance_missed?se=54

Last edited:

Dinghy

Mkhi has got a point.

Arsenal creates more chances than us, and so does all the other top sides.

Borden

They perceive it as a dig at Mourinho. And that makes them lose their shit.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Not even Arsenal fans think their side are playing well offensively.
Arsenal creating more chances doesn't really say much about their attacking play; largely because they are absolutely atrocious away from home and the vast majority of their chances created are at home.

The question is, which is the better attack? The team that creates 10 chances every other game, or a team that creates 4 chances every game. I would actually say that the team that creates chances every game is a better attacking unit despite creating less chances on a per game average.

cyberman

@breakout67
Personally I think its Arsenal needing to chase games more than us. Do desperate attempts on goal v Bournemouth as they dance over you hold any sort of validation?
I'd love to see the stats comparing the two sides in games when both are winning.
Its not Utd being restricted or defending for our lives since we don't even play that way against every side bar the top 6.
Its simply nonsense since it implies Arsenal are only so far behind due to bad finishing and an average defence.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

breakout67

Supports
Man City
@breakout67
Personally I think its Arsenal needing to chase games more than us. Do desperate attempts on goal v Bournemouth as they dance over you hold any sort of validation?
I'd love to see the stats comparing the two sides in games when both are winning.
Its not Utd being restricted or defending for our lives since we don't even play that way against every side bar the top 6.
Its simply nonsense since it implies Arsenal are so far behind due to bad finishing and an average defence.
That is a very good point and applies especially away from home. Their tactical setup leaves them very exposed to turnovers due to a lack of a genuine DM, it's genuinely a surprise when Arsenal keep a clean sheet. Petr Cech had to wait an eternity for his 200th clean sheet.

We have not lost a single game this season where we have scored first; and we have kept a lot of clean sheets. I think that what you've said is spot on; when we are 2-0 up, instead of pushing for a 3rd and 4th goal, we shut up shop and close out the game. This will inevitably affect our stats going forward, while still explaining why we have so many points.

I find it very contentious to say that we are where we are because of luck; that doesn't happen over a whole season. I think we are just very good game managers.

Who cares what he has to say, he's not our concern anymore. His constant yapping says more about him than it does about Jose tbh.

Ekeke

This logic is so flawed it's ridiculous. Just one question will destroy your flawed argument whatsover, were you considering us the best offensive team in the league last season when we had the most number of huge chances missed while only scoring 54 goals ?

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/big_chance_missed?se=54
And one question shows how silly your post is. Where did I say Arsenal are the best offensive team in the league? I said they're a team that suits offensive players more than we do with our tactics. That doesnt mean I think United are the second best offensive team and Arsenal are the first or whatever bizarre conclusion you drew up.

Arsenal are better going forward than they are defending. But they still dont finish their chances well. They specialize in linkup and supporting their attacks. But the way they do it leaves them a bit vulnerable defensively, something we ourselves have exploited in the past.

Last edited:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Thanks for saying it better than I could.

el3mel

And one question shows how silly your post is. Where did I say Arsenal are the best offensive team in the league? I said they're a team that suits offensive players more than we do with our tactics. That doesnt mean I think United are the second best offensive team and Arsenal are the first or whatever bizarre conclusion you drew up.

Arsenal are better going forward than they are defending. But they still dont finish their chances well. They specialize in linkup and supporting their attacks. But the way they do it leaves them a bit vulnerable defensively, something we ourselves have exploited in the past.
No answer for the simple question here. Alright.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Spurs? They are brutually effective but i have never quite got why their current team are associated with great attacking football, they are very machine like.

el3mel

Spurs? They are brutually effective but i have never quite got why their current team are associated with great attacking football, they are very machine like.
For the start, they play far better football than anything Chelsea or Arsenal do.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I have no isse with what he said, however it just shows how clueless and stuck with clichés footballers/journalists/pundits can be. Arsenal stopped being a good attacking team a long time ago. It feels like a very generic and automatic praise for your new club but at times it can be so wrong

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I have no isse with what he said, however it just shows how clueless and stuck with clichés footballers/journalists/pundits can be. Arsenal stopped being a good attacking team a long time ago. It feels like a very generic and automatic praise for your new club but at times it can be so wrong
Being a very attacking side and being a good attacking side are not the same things

Arsenal are a very attacking side. They're not a very good attacking side. It's still easier for a guy like mhkitaryan to play for them than for this united side, technically(or tactically). People move and give him options, as opposed to asking him to make something happen on his own.

Btw I'm surprised Alexis hasn't fit in yet though, since he's exactly the right type of player for united instead

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Being a very attacking side and being a good attacking side are not the same things

Arsenal are a very attacking side. They're not a very good attacking side. It's still easier for a guy like mhkitaryan to play for them than for this united side, technically(or tactically). People move and give him options, as opposed to asking him to make something happen on his own.

Btw I'm surprised Alexis hasn't fit in yet though, since he's exactly the right type of player for united instead
Exactly what I meant but said better. However in the end what will matter is attacking to win games and Arsenal aren't doing enough of that.

el3mel

Wheres that quote where I said Arsenal are the best offensive team in the league? If you don't reply with a direct quote, consider yourself a liar. No more questions.
Stop it we know already you don't have nothing to replay with. You said that Arsenal are a good attacking team because they push everyone forware ane make runs, and when I faced you with the fact they are outscored by almost everyone else, you tried to twist it by saying they are poor finishers, and when I asked about your opinion in our attack last season when we missed the most big chances in he league but scored only 54 goals, you got nothing more to replay with because your logic was flawed from the start anyway.

Enjoy your good attacking team then.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Arsenal are shite to watch.
Its not defensive, it's just shite.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Played well in the last game. So hopefully, he's getting better.

RedDevil@84

Fair enough. If he likes relentless attacking, regardless of the results, whatever floats his boat I guess.

AshRK

They perceive it as a dig at Mourinho. And that makes them lose their shit.
What has Jose got to do with this thread or with the present topic. It's like you can't post a thing without mentioning jose.