Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What I dont like is the silly antics (by Mikhi) of trying to comment with subtext aimed as a jibe at United. Fine you got the move you wanted to play the football you always 'Dreamed of' end of story. Life is short, make the most of it etc etc etc... I know anything remotely bad/negative about United sells more but I think footballers should be a little more professional than that
Sounds like he's trying to deflect the blame to anyone but himself, as if defensive football was the reason he couldn't pass 5 yards or was tackled every time he tried running with it. Let's not forget his crossing or shooting either, never seen a player so consistently sky shots in the box for us.

CM

That's how critical thinking works; when you claim something out of the ordinary to be the case you must provide evidence of it. I can claim to be able to see ghosts, and when someone questions it I can't just say, 'Well you can't see them either so how do you know I can't see them?'

And no, Martial being dropped 'unfairly' is not evidence, especially considering he has played plenty of games for us.

The Kevin de Bruyne example is completely irrelevant. When has Mourinho come out with comments anything close to that for Martial? Has he been frozen out of the team like De Bruyne? Sent on loan twice like De Bruyne? De Bruyne is an actual case of a player being unfairly treated, because everyone that has worked with him has praised his work ethic and training levels. Martial is not played in every single game because he has limitations in his game that mean he isn't suitable for every game. That is not an agenda, but how most managers deal with young players that are still ironing out their game.
Can you provide evidence that it hasn't happened, in that case? I'm not of the opinion that Martial has been mistreated this season, though I do think he deserves to feature more often.

I do remember Mourinho citing vague intangibles about Martial 'needing to give him things he liked' last year, though, and these things magically appearing when it was beyond doubt that Martial had a good game. I think there are more parallels between de Bruyne and Shaw's situations than there is with Martial anyway, but there will be no way of proving that until he moves on.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

feck, get well soon Mkhi.

King.of.Red

feck, get well soon Mkhi.
well, in this life there is karma. that's why just shut the feck up and focus on your new club, Mkhi! Trying to blame my beloved United for your shit embarassing performances is truly pathetic. :lol:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
well, in this life there is karma. that's why just shut the feck up and focus on your new club, Mkhi! Trying to blame my beloved United for your shit embarassing performances is truly pathetic. :lol:
Jeez man, he said some throwaway line about United and you think it's Karma that he got a serious knee injury? Seriously, who the feck even thinks like that?

King.of.Red

Jeez man, he said some throwaway line about United and you think it's Karma that he got a serious knee injury? Seriously, who the feck even thinks like that?
okay, it's too excessive from me. :lol: and sorry man, I seriously hate this Mkhi after his latest comments about us.

Akshay

Staff
You could use the point that Jose was the one that brought Mkhi to Utd, no? If the sources are to be believed Arsenal had all but signed Mkhitaryan from Dortmund, when Utd gazumped us with higher tranfer fee and wages. If, as was proved just one year down the line, the player was so unsuited to Utd style why was he even purchased. Thats something against Mourinho I'm afraid. Only about half the transfers,players ever work in the team but that doesn't mean that blame shouldn't be appropriated when a transfer fails, or credit shouldnt be given when they do work. It actually doesn't even matter if he does well at Arsenal or not, he didn't do well at utd due to either being a poor player or being a poor fit to the team. Everyone involved in scouting him should share the blame including Mourinho.
Sure, I'd say Mkhi was an unsuccessful signing and Jose has to take the blame for that. The argument more is if he's a better player than he showed here and if Jose is also at fault in that regard. Personally I'm not convinced from anything I've seen so far that he's a better player at Arsenal.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Can you provide evidence that it hasn't happened, in that case? I'm not of the opinion that Martial has been mistreated this season, though I do think he deserves to feature more often.

I do remember Mourinho citing vague intangibles about Martial 'needing to give him things he liked' last year, though, and these things magically appearing when it was beyond doubt that Martial had a good game. I think there are more parallels between de Bruyne and Shaw's situations than there is with Martial anyway, but there will be no way of proving that until he moves on.
The assumption is that a manager and player are on good terms because that is what is normal. When you make a claim that a player and manager have fallen out then you provide evidence for it.

Like you have said with Shaw, there is evidence that there is something wrong with the relationship. Because Mourinho has made comments about him that are bordering on unprofessional, has frozen him out of the squad, etc. The same can be said for Mkhitaryan who was also frozen out of the squad.

Martial is not treated like a player that the manager dislikes, he has started many important games and is trusted as a regular substitute.

"I think when you have some talents you cannot waste, I think when you are blessed with that talent, you have to exploit and not be happy with glimpses of talent and that I'm not going to change.

"I want more and more and more from him. He understands me better and the personal relation is good and I don't think it's fundamental, but it's an added good thing to have a good relation so again, Anthony, I hope he is going to be better this season than last."

"I think he understands me and to be honest I understand him because in the beginning of last season, if he understands me better, he would have started better, but if I understand him better, probably I would help him in a faster way than I did.

"We spent our time together, I know him well, he knows me well and the second part of the season was good for him and with his talent I believe his season will be even better."

The above passage says it all. The Manager believes there is a fantastic player waiting to be unleashed.

CM

The assumption is that a manager and player are on good terms because that is what is normal. When you make a claim that a player and manager have fallen out then you provide evidence for it.

Like you have said with Shaw, there is evidence that there is something wrong with the relationship. Because Mourinho has made comments about him that are bordering on unprofessional, has frozen him out of the squad, etc. The same can be said for Mkhitaryan who was also frozen out of the squad.

Martial is not treated like a player that the manager dislikes, he has started many important games and is trusted as a regular substitute.

"I think when you have some talents you cannot waste, I think when you are blessed with that talent, you have to exploit and not be happy with glimpses of talent and that I'm not going to change.

"I want more and more and more from him. He understands me better and the personal relation is good and I don't think it's fundamental, but it's an added good thing to have a good relation so again, Anthony, I hope he is going to be better this season than last."

"I think he understands me and to be honest I understand him because in the beginning of last season, if he understands me better, he would have started better, but if I understand him better, probably I would help him in a faster way than I did.

"We spent our time together, I know him well, he knows me well and the second part of the season was good for him and with his talent I believe his season will be even better."

The above passage says it all. The Manager believes there is a fantastic player waiting to be unleashed.
Yeah but I never said Mourinho has fallen out with Martial

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Yeah but I never said Mourinho has fallen out with Martial
So there is no agenda against Martial by the manager...so the reason why this conversation started is null and void. I'm glad we agree :)

Ekeke

Stop it we know already you don't have nothing to replay with. You said that Arsenal are a good attacking team because they push everyone forware ane make runs, and when I faced you with the fact they are outscored by almost everyone else, you tried to twist it by saying they are poor finishers, and when I asked about your opinion in our attack last season when we missed the most big chances in he league but scored only 54 goals, you got nothing more to replay with because your logic was flawed from the start anyway.

Enjoy your good attacking team then.
So you've accepted you lied and nobody said Arsenal are the best attacking team in the league? That was a lengthy and unconventional apology, but since you're having so many problems I'll accept it anyway. I forgive you for lying and attention seeking.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What kind of reception will he get on Sunday? Would be hilarious if the crowd is totally indifferent, much like the time he spent at United.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Isn't he injured ?
No.

Arsene Wenger has revealed the latest team news ahead of Sunday’s trip to Old Trafford to take on Manchester United.

This is what the Arsenal manager had to say:

on the latest team news…
We have no new problems. Mkhitaryan is available. Elneny is out, Cazorla too of course. Everyone else is OK.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You just know the fraud will turn up, just like Welbeck does every time he visits OT.
I don't think he's got the mentality to be proving a point. Not sure they'd start him though, given they've got that must-win game on Thursday and he's been out for a while. If this was the other way around, I'd want half the team rested.

el3mel

Wanted to say I actually quite respected him to some extent for not celebrating today. Completely opposite to what Welbeck did when he scored his first goal against us even though the latter is from our academy.

Irrational.

Wanted to say I actually quite respected him to some extent for not celebrating today. Completely opposite to what Welbeck did when he scored his first goal against us even though the latter is from our academy.
Yep, even though his stay with us was pretty short.

Today confirmed why we let him go though. He doesn't have much fight in him. Very easily bullied out of games. Goal aside, neither he nor Aubameyang did much. Perhaps it is a trend with BvB players as Kagawa was the same.

Nick7

Meh, I'm not sure big fan of players not celebrating. Especially when they're only been at the prior club a short time.

el3mel

Meh, I'm not sure big fan of players not celebrating. Especially when they're only been at the prior club a short time.
Welbeck celebrating against us like a madman when he scored at the loss in Fa Cup was terrible to see and he showed zero respect for the club he started football in it. Some times showing respect is needed.

AshRK

Good game for him. Nice bloke he is. However if people still think he is better than Sanchez, must be having a laugh.

Kapardin

He belongs at Arsenal. His style suits them better and he will rack up the goals and assists with Auba next season under a better manager. We too should have no regrets, Sanchez suits us much better.

Nick7

Welbeck celebrating against us like a madman when he scored at the loss in Fa Cup was terrible to see and he showed zero respect for the club he started football in it. Some times showing respect is needed.
Arsenal were his club, he got them through to the next round. I was probably annoyed at the time but honestly can't be mad now. He wasn't a United player.

el3mel

Arsenal were his club, he got them through to the next round. I was probably annoyed at the time but honestly can't be mad now. He wasn't a United player.
I'm not mad any more now as well, but it was annoying at this time.

Nick7

I'm not mad any more now as well, but it was annoying at this time.
Sure. I think it may be a little different with Welbeck considering he came up through the youth team. But for players like Mkhitaryan, who weren't here a hot minute I don't care.

FujiVice

All the players loved him. Our fans always supported him. He didnt want to leave. He always tried his best. Just wrong player at the wrong time for us. He's moved on, we've moved on. Still really like him. Good to see his showed us respect when he scored.